Bringing water on cruise

misskiha

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

There is no reason to bring a case of water on board. Bring one refillable bottle per person. The water on board is as pure, if not more pure than bottled water. It tastes great, is FREE, and doesn't come with a plastic waste problem.

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

There is no reason to bring a case of water on board. Bring one refillable bottle per person. The water on board is as pure, if not more pure than bottled water. It tastes great, is FREE, and doesn't come with a plastic waste problem.

Amen CruiserBruce! Folks should see where Fiji Water is bottled.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Folks should see where Fiji Water is bottled.

Or Niagara water as well.

But as the OP is from South Florida, if Dasani is their bottle of choice hopefully they know that all they are getting for their money is City of Hollywood municipal water run through a filter at the local Coca-Cola plant.

Edited by fishywood

True enough, but some pepole really believe that bottleday water is more pure than tap water. I will say that some people may have questionable well water. Most places in the US have acceptable tap water, as well as most cruise ports. I can see taking a few bottles for convenience off of the ship, but I've seen people that drink nothing but bottled water, believing that it is somehow "better" for them.

While the ship's water is perfectly safe to drink, I find that it smells and tastes considerably different from bottled water. This is just my opinion.

I have often brought bottled water on board when we drive to the embarkation port.

Happy cruising!

We think that a hundred years from now when cultural historians look back at our era they will have a lot of laughs about the bottled water fanatics. Just think of it, folks now pay more for water then beer (we can get bottles of beer in Puerto Vallarta for $1) or even gasoline. And the irony is that many studies have shown that tap water is often healthier. And consider that on a cruise ship the tap water is tested multiple times a day (when was that bottled water tested...or was it ever). But each to their own, and as a stock holder of some major companies like PepsiCo who are making a fortune on bottled water we thank you :)

Hank

There are easier ways to get some exercise than lugging around a case of bottled water.

I love all those wheels on suitcases. When going home... they are loaded with souveniors instead of water.