Is this an RCI ship for sale?

Or potentially for sale... If you come up with around $300 million.

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1996/Cruise-Ship%2C-2400-Passengers---Stock-No.-S2388-Unknown-2792717/Unknown/United-States#.VKcDVo0tFeM

The photo is intentionally "mosaic", bit I reduced the size of it and the VCL is clearly evident. It was built in 1996, so it is not Majesty.

I'll let you figure what it is, because I do not have the time to be detective. :D

Lou why dont you just write out a check for this, then we all can go on your ship

Majesty is confirmed for transfer to RCCL owned Pullmantur, joining her 2 sister ships.
And Century was confirmed as being transferred to CDF, but that didn't happen.
If it is a Royal ship why did they not sell/transfer it to Ctrip Royals Asian part owned company where Celebrity Century is going.
Century was offered for sale on-line for several years, before (apparently) finally (I think its a done deal, but we'll see) going to Ctrip. FLACRUISER99 had it right when he said that RCCL would sell any ship if the price was right.

How much would every member of Cruise Critic have to chip in to be able to afford this? We could all run a cruise line the we would be able to do what we want!

Would members of the Fashion Police be welcome to buy in? If so, I'm out! ;):D

What if it were Grandeur and it did sell...would they sell it before all booked cruises have taken place? Were going on her in April of 2016!

I believe they have done that before, maybe not via selling a ship, but a transfer, or redeployment. I believe Mariner had cruises booked out of LA when they decided to redeploy. Your cruise gets cancelled, and you generally get some consideration to rebook, like OBC and/or price protection.

I believe they have done that before, maybe not via selling a ship, but a transfer, or redeployment. I believe Mariner had cruises booked out of LA when they decided to redeploy. Your cruise gets cancelled, and you generally get some consideration to rebook, like OBC and/or price protection.
RCCL (the corporation) definitely has done this. Someone on the Celebrity boards was cancelled out of a booked Celebrity Century cruise around Japan because the ship was being transferred to CDF. So he then booked Dubai to Rome as the ship was on its way to the Med and CDF. Then THAT cruise was cancelled when the ship was sold/transferred to Ctrip in China. Not sure what, if anything, he then booked - I hope it is not a cruise that I'm on:D

I don't think that RCCL expects to sell that ship at $300,000,000, but if someone was willing to pay that, it would be gone. Century was offered for several years before the transfers outlined in the previous paragraph occurred.

Thom

I am certainly not knowledgeable about high finance, but RCI have not always owned the ships they operate. The ships are mostly owned by RCL Cruises Limited and operated by Royal Caribbean Cruises, Ltd.

Sovereign of the Seas was owned by RCI wholly from 1988 to 2005 and then partially until it was owned wholly by a company called Sovereign of the Seas, Inc. from 2008 to 2013 and is now held by Pullmantur Cruises.

Halifax Leasing owned Brilliance until 2014.

Navigator is currently owned by a company:

Navigator of the Seas Inc.

(LRF / Company identification no: 5113296)

It is always unclear how the 'ownership' of RCI's three largest holders, the Pritzker family of Hyatt Hotels and the Israeli Ofer family along with the Norwegian Wilhemsen group is made up, but there has been a lot of activity at the top this past year.

• 1 month later...
It is the Enchantment of the Seas look at the link again, it has those weird rail things on the side and the picture is the same as this one.

RCI_enchantment_350x194.jpg

Altough thats weird because Enchantment is from 1997 :confused:

I agree. Even the pattern of waves on the side of the ship matches.

It is the Enchantment of the Seas look at the link again, it has those weird rail things on the side and the picture is the same as this one.

RCI_enchantment_350x194.jpg

Altough thats weird because Enchantment is from 1997 :confused:

Interesting.... back in Jan when Lou posted this thread, the photo was digitized. I certainly took a really good look at it as did others... no way that it was Enchantment back then imho. Obviously this clear picture is definitely Enchantment. I think they've changed it for whatever reason.

Interesting.... back in Jan when Lou posted this thread, the photo was digitized. I certainly took a really good look at it as did others... no way that it was Enchantment back then imho. Obviously this clear picture is definitely Enchantment. I think they've changed it for whatever reason.

Yes, they changed the picture, that's sure!

Yes, they changed the picture, that's sure!

Didn't the original photo show those butterfly wing things by the pool? That was on Enchantment if I remember correctly. Is that the 'bridge' mentioned above?

Although obviously anyone, me incl, could've been wrong... I don't think whatsoever that the original digitized photo was Enchantment. Those butterfly wings were not present, there were differences in the Legend/Splendour so determined it wasn't one of those, and the smoke stacks were different on Vision/Rhapsody. Most everyone was sure it was Grandeur.. I really don't think this new clear photo is the same as the original digitized photo.

I would not put a lot of stock into that photo, per se. The way the broker operates is to find someone, anyone, halfway qualified to make such a purchase and then approach the cruise line and say "So, do you have anything to sell?" The broker looks for a buyer, then goes hunting for a ship.