Change to room after cruise documents issued

I got a great upgrade offer today and jumped on it for my February cruise. The only thing is that my cruise documents don't reflect that change so my luggage tags are wrong. Does anyone know if they will adjust them before I leave (since there is time)?

Do I just wait until I get to the terminal and ask a porter? My set sail pass is correct and so is my reservation online.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I got a great upgrade offer today and jumped on it for my February cruise. The only thing is that my cruise documents don't reflect that change so my luggage tags are wrong. Does anyone know if they will adjust them before I leave (since there is time)?

Do I just wait until I get to the terminal and ask a porter? My set sail pass is correct and so is my reservation online.

The documents will not automatically be updated. You will have to contact whoever booked your cruise and request the documents be re-issued.

Sounds nice right ? Well if you upgrade after getting documents and luggage tags still be pro-active. Our luggage C& A gift champagne were all in our previous cabin. I bet those cruisers were happy with our perks. Also all our invitations were not made available. We had to go to concierge to get them. Glad we knew when meet and mingle was and time. Good luck.

Safe journey v

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks that is very helpful! Will call RC on Monday and ask for it to be updated.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Do you know that RCCL is open today,I would call as soon as possible.If you are a C&A member call their number

Sounds nice right ? Well if you upgrade after getting documents and luggage tags still be pro-active. Our luggage C& A gift champagne were all in our previous cabin. I bet those cruisers were happy with our perks. Also all our invitations were not made available. We had to go to concierge to get them. Glad we knew when meet and mingle was and time. Good luck.

Safe journey v

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Same thing happened to us when we were given a complimentary upgrade the day before we sailed. While we got some of the perks (champagne was there) we didn't get others. The only thing that bothered me was that when our Chef's Table reservation was rescheduled the notice and a voice mail went to our old room number. The folks in that room didn't have the courtesy to notify Guest Relations so we would be informed. Guess they didn't want to miss out on the perks we were supposed to be getting.

Cross out the old cabin number on your luggage tags, and write in the new one. Or, just get tags from the porters!

Crossing off the old number might not work unless you also know where to mark off the bit that tells the porter which section of the boat it's going to. I called up C &A after an upgrade and that's all they said too, cross out the old number and write in the new one. All I got at the port was a confused porter. Easier just to let the porter do a fresh tag.

The set sail pass did change right away. I called and got the documents updated and they were finally re-issued. Of course during the time when it said no cruise documents issues I was petrified the new room was going to go away or my cruise would accidentally get canceled :) But it is all set in my new balcony room!

Crossing off the old number might not work unless you also know where to mark off the bit that tells the porter which section of the boat it's going to. I called up C &A after an upgrade and that's all they said too, cross out the old number and write in the new one. All I got at the port was a confused porter. Easier just to let the porter do a fresh tag.

When ever we've had the porters at the dock make up a tag they have never marked the quadrant or section on.

Just use an X in the quadrant or section your cabin is in or use the following codes depending on how many sections the ship is divided into.

..........bow...................bow

.........B....A................B....A

.........D....C...............D.....C

................................F......E

Edited by robtulipe

Same here. Although we've been fortunate to get some excellent last minute upgrades, such as going from Promenade cabin to oceanview balcony on the hump for $30 total, it's been clear to us that those last minute upgrades cause some things to go awry on the ship.

One time, our SeaPass cards had no folio numbers on them. We had to get new SeaPass cards printed to correct that. Like you, invitations didn't show up in our cabin. The staff at the Main Dining Room were confused, seeing four people listed in our 2-person balcony cabin. The previous occupants hadn't been removed upon our upgrade.

It was all very confusing. Now we at least know to expect this kind of stuff in the event we take advantage of a last minute upgrade.

I just did upgrades so have two new cabins for our upcoming Navigator B2B cruises. I used the Jan 11 tags for the information I put in the above post which are the first two images.

I just looked at my Jan.18th old and new tags (second two images) and the quadrants notations are completely different. Also the tag for cabin 6305 which is just forward of the rear elevators is showing in the forward starboard quadrant while I see it as being in the rear starboard quadrant. I'm even confused! :confused:

attachment.php?attachmentid=335686&d=1420580620

attachment.php?attachmentid=335687&d=1420580620

attachment.php?attachmentid=335688&d=1420580620

attachment.php?attachmentid=335689&d=1420580620

NavTagJan11.jpg.5ec2e519f339046eeb9f3dbd81d80f82.jpg

NavTagJan11a.jpg.e3e04eedbcd18bd0e5614b3cd017b47b.jpg

NavTagJan18.jpg.2042b8a12e81ed510421d92c6ad4feb6.jpg

NavTagJan18b.jpg.0270dfc226a463b8f5e5c456e08a0bdf.jpg

Edited by robtulipe