Keeping Track of Cruises

lhsail

I also posted this question on the Cruise Memorabilia forum but not sure how much activity it gets. Does anyone use a spreadsheet or database to track their cruises. I've been going through documents from our 40+ cruises, just hit Elite for Princess, and I'd love to create some record by cruise line, ship, cabin number, ports, any notes which made the trip special, etc. Just wondering if anyone does something similar.

Our last two cruises were longer than we normally take and I created spreadsheets with details for the port stops. I included things like the tour company name, meeting time, meeting place, amount owed and what currency company wanted, plus a place for special notes. I found it helped me stay organized. Then I took along magnets and posted the spreadsheet on our cabin wall. I never thought of doing a spreadsheet summarizing all our cruises but it sounds like something I would do.

I have an Excel spreadsheet tracking all that info. I record the price we paid and cabin type and number as well as if we went on our own with a group. We also have our "packing lists" in the same spreadsheet and I track all of our Future Cruise Deposits to make certain that none of them expire before I can call to have them renewed.

Terry

OK, well, kinda'. We have a spread sheet (thanks to my wife) of our cruises and some basic info about each. We also have every Patter (and whatever the equivalent is on RCCL and Carnival). We have a tic sheet of things we liked and things we didn't like at different ports and different itineraries. So far the positives far outweigh any negatives for all of our cruises. Busy trying to figure out what comes next. :cool:

I use an app called Evernote to track all my trip documents. Documents for each trip...confirmations, itineraries, tour info, etc...are placed in a notebook for that trip. Evernote has apps available for all platforms and data is automatically synced between all computers and devices.

I print hard copies of documents I need for my trip a few days before I leave. Documents I haven't printed are with me on my iPhone and iPad.

Evernote is free for limited data.

Lew

I also keep a Excel spreadsheet I've started about 25 years ago and keep track of dates sailed, names of ships, cost pp/per day, number of days sailed each cruise/cruise line, price of cruise, date booked, statistics of the ship, cabin, destinations and number of times we've been to each location.

Doesn't everyone? :rolleyes:

btw- we've got friends that can't tell you what ship they sailed on last month.

We use an Excel Spread Sheet that has columns for year, month, ship, days, itinerary ie. W. Caribbean, comments. You can post at random and then sort by date. or any method you wish.

Also, the Princess web site has a cruise log in the Captain's Circle section under member profile/cruise history. Don't know if other lines have this information.

Thanks for the comments. The Princess info is not detailed nor is it accurate. Unfortunately, they are missing a cruise for my husband so he is not yet Elite. And, of course, that's about the only cruise for which we don't have our boarding pass or ticket copy or a picture taken by the photographer, etc. Some of our cruises were over 30 years ago and some on lines that don't even exist anymore. Think I'll start with an Excel spreadsheet then maybe someday I'll figure out how to create a database.

yes, I created one years ago and love to look at it for the memories.

It contains date sailed. cruise line, ship, destination, days, cabin#, cabin type, Captain and CD At the bottom I have # of cruises and days by cruise line, # of cruises by region and overall totals.

Thanks for the comments. The Princess info is not detailed nor is it accurate. Unfortunately, they are missing a cruise for my husband so he is not yet Elite. And, of course, that's about the only cruise for which we don't have our boarding pass or ticket copy or a picture taken by the photographer, etc. Some of our cruises were over 30 years ago and some on lines that don't even exist anymore. Think I'll start with an Excel spreadsheet then maybe someday I'll figure out how to create a database.

Do it now before you forget the details. Even if you start it on paper & later transfer it to the spreadsheet.