Emerald Princess to Join Australian Fleet

LauraS

Hi

All lets be nice to our friends down under and send them all the Royal class ships,

the Royal, the Regal they can have have the fun of naming and keeping the third one as well,

yours Shogun

10828987125_e0f49f29f1_o.jpg

Shogun;

I like the way you think.....:):):)

Bob

Until Princess redeploys Royal or Regal.

I don't suspect this will happen until Winter 2017, when the third Princess Cruises Royal-class ship is deployed after her inaugural summer season. I think they would be smart to send her via the Mediterranean and through the Suez Canal to Singapore, and home port her there. But that still leaves Regal Princess and Royal Princess in the Caribbean until the fourth and fifth Royal-class for Princess are built. ;)

:D

Hi

All lets be nice to our friends down under and send them all the Royal class ships,

the Royal, the Regal they can have have the fun of naming and keeping the third one as well,

yours Shogun

It'll never happen, and you know that. They'll redeploy several other of the Grand-class and her many clones Down Under before the first Royal-class ever sees that area.

All the 'good ole boy wink-wink' posts of the Regal Princess and Royal Princess being 'given away' to our friends in non-North American markets are pretty much only wishful thinking on the part of those who just don't like the new class of ship.

But when the third new-build comes out, then Princess Cruises will have the ability to send one of the three sister ships to the warmer winter waters of the Southern Hemisphere. The other two will remain in the Caribbean.

Hi Dave

Both Regal and Royal are coming for a visit this year, in fact Greenock has 56 ship visits this year.

Yours Shogun

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Forums mobile app

Hi Steve,

Maybe an onboard luncheon is in order? A tasty pizza at Alfredo's, maybe? ;)

It seems reading through these posts folks forget that Princess Cruises are a business and it is up to their executives to keep it profitable.

Keeping the customers happy .Adding more cabins and glitter .Tempting one on board with low cabin rates and special gimmicks not mentioning all the extra charged when on board.

Ships will be placed were the Company predict the most profit can be made .Its as simple as that.

Yes I do miss so much the lovely wide promenade decks of old ;)

I am extremely surprised how so many people can get so passionate about a particular ship.

For me the Emerald Princess is on my permanent black list to never sail on it even if I were paid to do so. It is too crowded. Personally I do not want to see it here in Australia.

As stated by many other people the Crown, Emerald, Ruby and Caribbean Princess all have an extra deck slapped on top of an older small framed ship with no new public spaces. The ships are far too crowded for my liking and after trying one of them I have permanently black listed them all as they were so bad and it was impossible to have a leisurely cruise on them. The Island Princess will too soon be on my black list after its refit.

My favourite ships in the Princess fleet are the Diamond and Sapphire Princess, Golden, Star and Grand Princess and sometimes the Sun class depending on where they are cruising but only for a short cruise.

I thought it was terrific news when we had the Diamond and Sapphire Princess deployed here when they were brand new.

I would guess that many people who use these forums are virgin cruisers and have not been around in the days I have been cruising judging by all the comments.

It is not a new trend to send brand new ships to Australia. Princess have done it for well over a decade.

The Star Princess that entered service in 2002 was the very first Grand class ship to have a cruise season in Australia in the year 2003. It leads me to believe that many people who post on these forums were not cruising back in the good old days.

Sometimes, a favorite ship is like HOME. That is the Emerald to us...it is our most favorite ship of all. We have cruise, RCCL and get all the benefits, HAL, Carnival...1 time and never again. We feel the staff on Emerald is the best we have ever experienced...put a lot of this to the MD, Generoso Mazzone. We hope Emerald will be back to the Caribbean in the Winter or we will look outside Princess.

Please Princess, leave the Emerald here in the US. Send one of your newest additions, they will love the Royal or Regal.:eek:

For whatever reason, Princess send some of their popular ships somewhere else. In our case we miss both the Sapphire and Diamond. We have never sailed either the Regal or Royal, but using other comments, I don't think we ever will.

Hi

yours Shogun

Better still you keep them and Emerald and give us back Pacific:D my favourite ship in any line.

Can't they have the Royal/Regal instead? :(

Nope....But happy to have one as well...:D

Hurray - we're getting our favourtite ship design (Crown, Ruby, Emerald) on our doorstep. At last we no longer have to fly half way around the world to get on one of these beauties....

I've been on Norwegian, Holland America and Carnival ships; I like Princess best for the ports that she visits. Sometime I travel with family; sometimes solo.

I must be an odd duck.....:confused:

I don't care what amenities are on the ship. I don't gamble, I don't drink a lot and mostly consider a ship as a floating hotel to get me to the next city without packing and unpacking. I do like a nice sit down meal, the International Café specialty coffees and pleasant table mates at fixed dining.

I don't care about the size of the cabin, window or balcony. I sleep in the cabin and have the whole ship in which to wander while awake on a sea day, either in the wind topside or the art gallery below. (I don't like Park West and won't recommend buying anything from them, even if they call it Princess Fine Arts again.)

I enjoy the trivia games.... and wish only that there were more knowledgeable speakers discussing the history of the area before and as we approach the dock at the next port. I travel to experience a different culture.

I don't have a favorite ship; I don't remember from one time to another....except that the Horizon Court is forward on the Coral Princess, designed that way so that many can view the Panama Canal transit in comfort on inclement or very humid days. I kept going in the wrong direction in the morning...creature of habit...

I do like the smaller ships; they feel "cozy" and I meet more fellow travelers because of it. Sometimes their stories are the most entertaining time on the cruise.

I don't find a reason to complain about the food or cabin service, or the cabins. "Three hots and a cot" and I don't have to do any of the work. Yes, I know I'm paying big bucks for it...

As I said, I'm just glad to be at sea! :D

Edited by Ole Faithful
typos

It'll never happen, and you know that. They'll redeploy several other of the Grand-class and her many clones Down Under before the first Royal-class ever sees that area.

All the 'good ole boy wink-wink' posts of the Regal Princess and Royal Princess being 'given away' to our friends in non-North American markets are pretty much only wishful thinking on the part of those who just don't like the new class of ship.

But when the third new-build comes out, then Princess Cruises will have the ability to send one of the three sister ships to the warmer winter waters of the Southern Hemisphere. The other two will remain in the Caribbean.

Hi Dave,

You make sense as usual. Personally I would love the Royal or Regal down here. Loved our cruise on the Royal in 2013.

Cheers

Hi Dave,

You make sense as usual. Personally I would love the Royal or Regal down here. Loved our cruise on the Royal in 2013.

Cheers

Personally, I'd love it if they would send one of the three Royal-class ships from Princess Cruises 'Down Under' in 2017 to operate cruises out of Sydney and Singapore, then send Sapphire Princess back to the North American market to operate 14-night cruises (and not two 7-night cruises combined) in the Caribbean out of FLL to maybe compete with Celebrity Cruises longer itineraries.

That way they could have a Royal-class doing Eastern/Western alternating cruises, one Royal-class doing 10- and 11-night cruises, and the Sapphire Princess doing 14-night cruises.

I'm sure there are ports-of-call in the Caribbean that Princess Cruises could dock at with these three ships out of FLL that are not currently being visited.

It seems reading through these posts folks forget that Princess Cruises are a business and it is up to their executives to keep it profitable.;)

Makes sense to me and if the Royal / Regal is cruising in the Caribbean ... it seems to me that they are going head to head ... well sort of ... with those Monster of the Sea type ships.

Personally, I'd love it if they would send one of the three Royal-class ships from Princess Cruises 'Down Under' in 2017 to operate cruises out of Sydney and Singapore, then send Sapphire Princess back to the North American market to operate 14-night cruises (and not two 7-night cruises combined) in the Caribbean out of FLL to maybe compete with Celebrity Cruises longer itineraries.

That way they could have a Royal-class doing Eastern/Western alternating cruises, one Royal-class doing 10- and 11-night cruises, and the Sapphire Princess doing 14-night cruises.

I'm sure there are ports-of-call in the Caribbean that Princess Cruises could dock at with these three ships out of FLL that are not currently being visited.

Dave,

I SO agree with you.

We've changed to Celebrity for the 14 day itinerary (and the longer port times)

Wish Princess would go back and do this again!!! :D

Eclipse 14 day

Day 1 Miami, Florida 4:30PM

Day 2 At Sea

Day 3 At Sea

Day 4 Oranjestad, Aruba Docked 8:00AM 8:00PM

Day 5 Willemstad, Curacao Docked 7:00AM 11:00PM

Day 6 Kralendijk, Bonaire Docked 8:00AM 5:00PM

Day 7 At Sea

Day 8 Bridgetown, Barbados Docked 8:00AM 5:00PM

Day 9 Castries, St. Lucia Docked 8:00AM 5:00PM

Day 10 St. John's, Antigua Docked 8:00AM 5:00PM