Sleeping baby in Solarium - okay?

[quote name='cathep']Is there a Solarium Bistro on all ships? I'm looking on the Jewel map and don't see a restaurant attached to the Solarium.

Since the OP has made a decision, I won't feel guilty about hijacking the thread. ;)[/QUOTE]

Enchantment and Legend have a Park Cafe, pretty much the same concept

[quote name='PhDUnderTheSea']Not too worried about it. Will enjoy Solarium Bistro without any further trepidation. [/QUOTE]

The [B]Solarium Bistro[/B] is an eating venue, not a lounging-around kind of place. There are tables and chairs. I would expect most people probably move along after they have finished eating, as a courtesy to other passengers who wish to sit down and eat.

[quote name='Langley Cruisers']The [B]Solarium Bistro[/B] is an eating venue, not a lounging-around kind of place. There are tables and chairs. I would expect most people probably move along after they have finished eating, as a courtesy to other passengers who wish to sit down and eat.[/QUOTE]
this is getting a bit absurd don't you think?

[quote name='LMaxwell']this is getting a bit absurd don't you think?[/QUOTE]

Not really. It is often busy and people can be looking for a seat. Have also found the hours more limited. They closed briefly on our cruises to set up between breakfast and lunch, and I don't think they are open all afternoon. Definitely feel ship is large enough for OP to find a more appropriate location. Don't think furniture is that comfortable there either to sit and linger.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I say no to sleeping babies in the Solarium. You bring your baby, and leave when he/she wakes up. But someone else sees you with your baby, and they bring theirs and do not leave when it starts crying. Next, someone brings their toddler . . .

Personally, I think no kids on the ship until they can swim. Read about too many young children found at the bottom of the pool. Edited by knittinggirl

[quote name='Langley Cruisers']The [B]Solarium Bistro[/B] is an eating venue, not a lounging-around kind of place. There are tables and chairs. I would expect most people probably move along after they have finished eating, as a courtesy to other passengers who wish to sit down and eat.[/quote]

Now you're going to get him started all over again. :D

[quote name='PMcC1998']Not really. It is often busy and people can be looking for a seat. Have also found the hours more limited. They closed briefly on our cruises to set up between breakfast and lunch, and I don't think they are open all afternoon. Definitely feel ship is large enough for OP to find a more appropriate location. Don't think furniture is that comfortable there either to sit and linger.

Sent from my iPad using Forums[/QUOTE]
If OP wants to sit there in shade and socialize and eat with the baby present while the Bistro is open they can and it doesnt break any rule. Same with wipeout cafe or sorrentos or cafe promenade, etc. End of story.

[quote name='knittinggirl']

Personally, I think no kids on the ship until they can swim. Read about too many young children found at the bottom of the pool.[/quote]

some of you crack me up.. what about adults that cant swim?
seems only kids need to be regulated by some of peoples views on here...

what about someone who can't run a 7 minute mile... should they not be allowed to cruise?

i think people are WAYYYYY to worried about what other people do in this world.. Edited by Aintnofun007

[quote name='LMaxwell']If OP wants to sit there in shade and socialize and eat with the baby present while the Bistro is open they can and it doesnt break any rule. Same with wipeout cafe or sorrentos or cafe promenade, etc. End of story.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Bistro is allowed, though it may be busy at times, may be closed other times. Also as I recall the seats in bistro are not all that comfy, but maybe the Op will think they are comfy.
I think the PP who suggested aft just off jogging track had a more comfy spot.

[quote name='knittinggirl']I say no to sleeping babies in the Solarium. You bring your baby, and leave when he/she wakes up. But someone else sees you with your baby, and they bring theirs and do not leave when it starts crying. Next, someone brings their toddler . . .[/quote]

[quote]Personally, I think no kids on the ship until they can swim.[/quote] REALLY? What about all the adults who can't swim and they certainly outnumber babies.[quote] Read about too many young children found at the bottom of the pool.[/QUOTE] DOUBLE REALLY? Granted, one like the most recent is one too many but where are you reading about "too many young children found at the bottom of the pool"?:confused:

I must say myself that we go to the solarium as an escape from children. I certainly don't have anything against kids, but sometimes a time out area is appreciated. On a recent cruise we had a women bring her daughter in and when asked to leave used the excuse that "she wasn't annoying anyone". That may have been true enough, but how do you justify one child being allowed and not others? Jmho

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It's kind of a moot issue. The OP is sailing Allure and while the Bistro is 'attached' to the Solarium, it's mostly separated by glass. Once he's sees how busy a venue it is I don't think he'll find it comfortable enough to just lounge around with the family.

I can tell you that on Brilliance it likely wouldn't have been an issue. With Park Cafe right there, kids were constantly in the vicinity; we couldn't help but push our son's stroller through, either. The only time I saw someone say something was when a father tried to bring his unpotty trained child into the Solarium pool.

[quote name='Langley Cruisers']The [B]Solarium Bistro[/B] is an eating venue, not a lounging-around kind of place. There are tables and chairs. I would expect most people probably move along after they have finished eating, as a courtesy to other passengers who wish to sit down and eat.[/quote]

Respectfully, I must defer to Royal Caribbean who have invited us to use this family friendly venue adjacent to the Solarium. If we find a more suitable location onboard that serves our needs we may opt to try that.

Best-

Steve

[quote name='PhDUnderTheSea']Respectfully, I must defer to Royal Caribbean who have invited us to use this family friendly venue adjacent to the Solarium. If we find a more suitable location onboard that serves our needs we may opt to try that.

Best-

Steve[/QUOTE]

Yes, you may certainly "use" this family friendly venue.

Respectfully, would you be willing to move elsewhere when you are finished eating, if other guests are looking for a table at which to dine? Edited by subtchr

[quote name='subtchr']Yes, you may certainly "use" this family friendly venue.

Respectfully, would you be willing to move elsewhere when you are finished eating, if other guests are looking for a table at which to dine?[/quote]

Sure, when we are through with our card game and our snacks and drinks we'll probably go to another activity.

Best-

Steve

It appears the OP had already decided he would use the Solarium and created this thread to try to justify his decision. Many posters, myself included, have suggested other options he and his friends could utilize over the Solarium. It does not appear the OP has even considered it. It is obvious the overwhelming majority would prefer parents not bring their children in the Solarium. I have a feeling that at some point the OP's plan will create issues during his cruise unnecessarily but, the OP will have his opportunity to prove his rights based on how he interprets the rules. Remember, the RCI staff on the phone are not the staff on ship enforcing the rules. Good luck to all involved!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

[quote name='pennielz']It appears the OP had already decided he would use the Solarium and created this thread to try to justify his decision. Many posters, myself included, have suggested other options he and his friends could utilize over the Solarium. It does not appear the OP has even considered it. It is obvious the overwhelming majority would prefer parents not bring their children in the Solarium. I have a feeling that at some point the OP's plan will create issues during his cruise unnecessarily but, the OP will have his opportunity to prove his rights based on how he interprets the rules. Remember, the RCI staff on the phone are not the staff on ship enforcing the rules. Good luck to all involved!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums[/quote]

Please read. Already said we will use the Bistro and not bring baby in the Solarium.

Best-

Steve

Please read. Already said we will use the Bistro and not bring baby in the Solarium.

Best-

Steve

Spending lengthy time in the Bistro has the same affect. Most families, if they go to the Solarium Bistro, eat and leave. They don't lounge around playing cards, snacking and having multiple drinks. But you insist on it even though you have other options. (Shrug) Don't get angry when someone complains.

It appears the OP had already decided he would use the Solarium and created this thread to try to justify his decision. Many posters, myself included, have suggested other options he and his friends could utilize over the Solarium. It does not appear the OP has even considered it. It is obvious the overwhelming majority would prefer parents not bring their children in the Solarium. I have a feeling that at some point the OP's plan will create issues during his cruise unnecessarily but, the OP will have his opportunity to prove his rights based on how he interprets the rules. Remember, the RCI staff on the phone are not the staff on ship enforcing the rules. Good luck to all involved!

Kind of.

I believe he said he's willing to use the Bistro, which is in the Solarium area, but separated through a glass wall. Children are allowed there. But I agree with the rest of your thread.. the OP seems to be determined to be in the Solarium "area", and has not responded to other suggestions.

No one will kick them out for sitting at a Bistro Table. But, I suspect if they are looking for the Solarium experience of relaxation, they won't find it sitting at a patio style seating in the Bistro eating venue, and all of this discussion will end up being moot after the OP spends approx 15 minutes to realize that this was not the experience they were looking for - and move to another area.

Sure, when we are through with our card game and our snacks and drinks we'll probably go to another activity.

Best-

Steve

Tried to point out/explain to you earlier that the Bistro is a fairly small area for people to eat in. I have no problem with you and your family/baby eating in their, but it is really not that comfortable to sit and visit, e.g. play cards. Also, other passengers may be looking for a place to sit and eat. It is also not open all day.

Enough said ..... you obviously have made up your mind to spend the time there ...... I can tell you that I have seen staff nicely ask people to vacate seats when they were playing cards in the Windjammer and people were walking around with trays and trying to find a seat.

Enjoy your cruise.