Last week upsell to Neptune, now offer for PS

DaveOKC

Last week we got an nice upsell offer to go from a SY (Signature suite) to a SA (Neptune) for $249 for a 7 day cruise. We quickly took this one, especially since it was in a great location (IMO).

Today we get another offer, to move up to the Penthouse Suite for ONLY $1399 per person. This seems high for a 7 day cruise, especially since on our last cruise (an 11 day) the same upgrade was only $1099 per person. Does not make much sense to me.

DaveOKC

Edited by DaveOKC

Would love to do it, but not at that price ($400 more per day). The 11 day cruise PS upsell was only $200 per day.

I think I will pass for now and wait and see if they drop the price.

Edited by DaveOKC

Last week we got an nice upsell offer to go from a SY (Signature suite) to a SA (Neptune) for $249 for a 7 day cruise. We quickly took this one, especially since it was in a great location (IMO).

Today we get another offer, to move up to the Penthouse Suite for ONLY $1399 per person. This seems high for a 7 day cruise, especially since on our last cruise (an 11 day) the same upgrade was only $1099 per person. Does not make much sense to me.

DaveOKC

Got the same offer for the same cruise Dave and felt the same way 1399 PP is a bit high. will stick with my aft wrap 7151 and enjoy, unless of course they come back with a better price.;)

Not sure which ship you are sailing, but if there are 2 PH and both are unsold, I would expect the upsell to be cheaper. If only one PH, then perhaps HAL holds out for more.

Have a great cruise in your Suite!!

I can tell you when I took the upsell to the PH it was VERY reasonable and there was only one left. I picked it up before people had a chance to phone.

We also received this offer yesterday for our upcoming cruise but decided, for the difference, we would be far happier in our aft wrap that we usually choose, because we are outside on our deck far more than inside in the suite or roaming around the ship....just love sitting out there enjoying the tranquility and sounds of the wake...and feeling blessed not to be shoveling snow for a couple of weeks. :-)

We also received this offer yesterday for our upcoming cruise but decided, for the difference, we would be far happier in our aft wrap that we usually choose, because we are outside on our deck far more than inside in the suite or roaming around the ship....just love sitting out there enjoying the tranquility and sounds of the wake...and feeling blessed not to be shoveling snow for a couple of weeks. :-)

Are you on the Jan 31 Westerdam? If so, please join our roll call board.

I passed on this same upsell for my Panama Canal cruise in Nov since we had the aft-wrap and in the end was glad I did. And then, it was only $1100 pp for 11 days.

DaveOKC

Edited by DaveOKC

:confused: No offers to us as yet ??? I probably won't change unless I can the same cabin for less money. Fingers crossed --- who knows !:)

The problem may be that you are doing back to back cruises as I recall you saying previously. That makes it a bit tougher for them to offer you an upsell on both and we all know that the harder it is to do, the less likely it will get done.

I would have my TA or PCC call HAL and inquire. Maybe you can get the upsell for only one week (if that is OK with you). Call, it worked for me, but that was one a one week cruise only. It cannot hurt to ask, but I would do it ASAP.

DaveOKC

Edited by DaveOKC

thanks for the invite, Dave, but we are going to be on the Zuiderdam , 11 night Pamama Canal Ceuise....for the 4th time. :-). love the itinerary and it gets us out of a couple of weeks of winter weather.... our offer for th Upsell was a bit better than others posted as it was the same price for the 11 night as others received for a seven day.....but we really love our aft corner suite so didn't have to think twice before turning it down.... hope you have a great cruise on the Westy, we have cruised on her a few times too, matter of fact, it's always been the Zuiderdam or Westerdam for us.....

Question to you seasoned HAL cruisers who are lucky enough to get these upsells:

I got several upsells from HAL for our 14 day Asia cruise. Started at $1399 pp I believe and quickly scratched that out. Another one came and ignored that too. And now on my 3rd one at $649 pp from Vista suite to Neptune suite. My hubby thought it would be awesome to have a NS again ( We had one of those aft SB suite on Zuiderdam last year - cabin 5191 and he can't get over it!). I thought it's too much, considering it will cost us an extra $1300 for Neptune suite. Or am I just totally crazy to think so? Your thoughts will be greatly appreciated:)

Question to you seasoned HAL cruisers who are lucky enough to get these upsells:

I got several upsells from HAL for our 14 day Asia cruise. Started at $1399 pp I believe and quickly scratched that out. Another one came and ignored that too. And now on my 3rd one at $649 pp from Vista suite to Neptune suite. My hubby thought it would be awesome to have a NS again ( We had one of those aft SB suite on Zuiderdam last year - cabin 5191 and he can't get over it!). I thought it's too much, considering it will cost us an extra $1300 for Neptune suite. Or am I just totally crazy to think so? Your thoughts will be greatly appreciated:)

This is on the Volendam right? VERY good price IMO since there are no Signature Suites on that ship.

Even if it isn't - for 14 days with an exotic itinerary, it's a very good price. Don't waste time asking or it may be gone.

This is on the Volendam right? VERY good price IMO since there are no Signature Suites on that ship.

Even if it isn't - for 14 days with an exotic itinerary, it's a very good price. Don't waste time asking or it may be gone.

Yes it is on the Volendam. I guess my hubby will get his wish! That is, if it is still available. Thanks for the response!

Only you can decide how much it is worth to you. :)

Let us know what you decide. IF you want it, don't wait too long. Someone else could

take it.

Well I called first thing when they open and it was sold out! Bummer! I guess I wasn't a minute early enough.

Oh well, our cabin will still be great and can spend the $1300 for excursions.