Royal assisted pre-cruise cabin swap?

Does anyone know if RCI would assist in contacting the cabin owner in regards to a cabin swap in exchange for an extra OBC. I have late deciding friends joining us on our next cruise in March and we are trying to get our cabins "balcony connected".

When we booked over a year and a half ago all of the OS cabins were available and we took the same cabin as always on the hump. There is one OS between our cabin and our friends D1 balcony. Not sure on even how to try and contact to see if they would be interested, if so what would the proper OBC offer be?

Any thoughts are welcomed!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a feeling this will be a no-go through RCI....but, I'm assuming you will be switching with the other OS...not expecting them to switch with the D cabin??!! Of course, you could alway board early and see if the other occupants would be ok with swapping.... I'm not sure offering them money would be right....it's an even swap, if they agree to it. Maybe buy them a bottle of wine?

Good luck!

First I'd check on the roll call. Statistically not terribly likely that they will be active on the roll call, but if the occupants are there, you'd be able to communicate directly. They may be happy to switch without bribery/compensation if your cabin location is as good or better than their's. And you could buy them a bottle of wine or a specialty dinner or something once on board as a thank you.

I have not heard of the company contacting customers for this. You could call and ask; worst you will hear is 'no.'

Good luck.

I doubt RC would even consider doing this for you but you should call them to see if this is possible.

IMO you are more likely to get this to happen if you approach the people directly once onboard. I know I wouldn't mind moving over one same category cabin in such a situation, especially if that cabin is the prized center hump one and one were to throw in a paid specialty restaurant booking or even a bottle of wine. I do it even without the latter offer, being the nice guy I am. ;)

Edited by robtulipe

I have a feeling this will be a no-go through RCI....but, I'm assuming you will be switching with the other OS...not expecting them to switch with the D cabin??!! Of course, you could alway board early and see if the other occupants would be ok with swapping.... I'm not sure offering them money would be right....it's an even swap, if they agree to it. Maybe buy them a bottle of wine?

Good luck!

Yes it would be a even swap of OS's so we could be beside the D cabin just forward of center hump. I will give it a try as we usually board early. I guess RCI doesn't,t mind the switch?

First I'd check on the roll call. Statistically not terribly likely that they will be active on the roll call, but if the occupants are there, you'd be able to communicate directly. They may be happy to switch without bribery/compensation if your cabin location is as good or better than their's. And you could buy them a bottle of wine or a specialty dinner or something once on board as a thank you.

I have not heard of the company contacting customers for this. You could call and ask; worst you will hear is 'no.'

Good luck.

Not sure exactly how to word this on the roll call but I am going to give it a try. But as you stated the odds earlier, it is not very active.

I doubt RC would even consider doing this for you but you should call them to see if this is possible.

IMO you are more likely to get this to happen if you approach the people directly once onboard. I know I wouldn't mind moving over one same category cabin in such a situation, especially if that cabin is the prized center hump one and one were to throw in a paid specialty restaurant booking or even a bottle of wine. I do it even without the latter offer, being the nice guy I am. ;)

I agree with you on this, I would rather switch than to be in the middle of the balcony conversation everyday! Thanks for being a nice guy!

Not sure exactly how to word this on the roll call but I am going to give it a try. But as you stated the odds earlier, it is not very active.

On the roll call you could simply say if anybody is (or happens to know the people) in OS #XXXX, could they please email you. Low odds, especially on a quiet roll call, but it costs nothing to try.

A couple suggestions.

Are you on Facebook?? There is a Royal Caribbean page with people also posted when they are going. Like the page and post and ask if anyone on there happens to be in that cabin.

If not luck on any of the things you try, I would suggest putting a not on the door of the cabin you want as soon as you can get into the hallway.

I would not have a problems switching rooms with someone if they had a cabin next to mine. However, if I had been in the room, even for a half hour or so and started to unpack or get settled, I probably wouldn;t want to change.

May mean sticking around your cabin until the ones next door arrive, but may be worth it if you really want the cabin

A couple suggestions.

Are you on Facebook?? There is a Royal Caribbean page with people also posted when they are going. Like the page and post and ask if anyone on there happens to be in that cabin.

If not luck on any of the things you try, I would suggest putting a not on the door of the cabin you want as soon as you can get into the hallway.

I would not have a problems switching rooms with someone if they had a cabin next to mine. However, if I had been in the room, even for a half hour or so and started to unpack or get settled, I probably wouldn;t want to change.

May mean sticking around your cabin until the ones next door arrive, but may be worth it if you really want the cabin

Sorry...but I for one would not feel comfortable with someone posting a note on my cabin door or personally approaching me once onboard to change cabins with them. JMHO.

Sorry...but I for one would not feel comfortable with someone posting a note on my cabin door or personally approaching me once onboard to change cabins with them. JMHO.

I agree. It puts the other couple in a very difficult position and would make me remarkably uncomfortable. Saying no makes you a bad guy. Saying yes would make me wonder what issues I might be causing by a cabin change.

It does seem from the OP posts, that it would allow a more "center hump" cabin, which, for me, would be a benefit. So if they can get ahold of these people, it'd be a possibly desirable swap.

We have often cruise with other couples with a cabin between us. It really isn't a big deal. I never really considered trying to swap with the person between us.

Interesting to see if the OP gets lucky or not.

And yes, I am the type that would also be uncomfortable approaching a stranger with an offer like this.