Celebrity Century last day in Sydney today - 11 Jan 2015

Today is Celebrity Century last day in Australia as tonight as she returns to Asia for her final cruises as part of her time with Celebrity :(

sydney_webcam_11012015.jpg

sydney_yha_webcam_11012015.jpg

If anyone wants to watch her leave Sydney tonight, check out these webcam's:

http://www.cafesydney.com/gallery/live-cam/

http://www.sydney-webcam.com/index.php?nav=cam1&subnav=cam1lo

http://www.captiveye-therocks.com/camera_ds/camera.htm

Edited by Kiwi_cruiser

Today is Celebrity Century last day in Australia as tonight as she returns to Asia for her final cruises as part of her time with Celebrity :(

I guess "technically " that is not correct as she is still to visit Airlie Beach and Darwin but it was sad to see her go.

One of her guest services team was saying today how it was unfortunate about all the rain we had for her last day in port and someone else said it was not rain but was tears from Sydney crying because she was leaving. (nice line I thought)

She was a great ship to do check in for ,there never seemed to be a queue and always appeared to go very smoothly (not always the case with some other ships) and seemed no sooner than check in started then you would look at the stats and almost everyone had checked in so at least from that point of view she will be missed.

One of her guest services team was saying today how it was unfortunate about all the rain we had for her last day in port and someone else said it was not rain but was tears from Sydney crying because she was leaving.

awwww...that's cute. I am very sad she has gone. She wasn't as flashy as her younger sister Solstice, but little Century had something special. <3

So is Celebrity replacing her with another ship or just reducing their presence in Australia?

As others have said, Celebrity only ever bases one ship in Australia for the summer season full time ( Solstice ) and then supplements it with "guest appearances" of another ship for a few cruises, Century this season and I believe it will be the Millenium next year.

I liked the Century and also the Infinity (M class) but my favourite is certainly the Solstice (S class). That said, I would have liked to get onto the Century again for one of the Asian cruises.:D

You will still be able to do this...she will just have another name and and a " few new facilities" after the new owners take her over:eek: