Price changes?

coxy

After booking if your cruise fare is reduced do princess offer the difference as onboard credit recent cruises have been with p@o after booking early cruise fare reduced, but not offered any credit, would like to try princess again wondered what their pricing policy is like.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

As already said, Princess will re-fare at the latest rate

BUT

YOU have to ask.

This is absolutely necessary because new fare will have different T's & C's which may not be acceptable to you.

For example,

I booked our next cruise on a deal which included $100 of OBC plus 100minutes of internet.

Princess then introduced deal which gave $200 of OBC but no internet, so if you took the deal, you lost the internet package.

Now they have introduced a deal with $375 of OBC and a deposit of £50 pp which is NON-REFUNDABLE

Each time I was able to take the new deal and roll forward our FCDs (onboard purchased future cruise deposits which give an additional benefits)

BUT

I will not now be able to benefit from any future better deals without losing my £50 pp deposit on my current deal.

Sadly in the course of the above 'stately dances', I became disenchanted with a leading UK TA who failed to advise me of the opportunities offered by the new deals and then claimed to know nothing about them, even suggesting that the latest deal was perhaps only available to onboard bookings when the deal was clearly advertised on the Princess website as being open to all until the end of February.

So, for UK citizens who use a TA, it appears to be very much a case of keeping your eye on the Princess website and then going off to rattle your TA's cage when you see a deal.

Also take note that after 'pay up day', and even after the date at which start to progressively lose the right to refund (182 days before sailing) Princess will advertise new deals as only being available to 'new bookings' , so you will not be able to access the benefit of any late offers which come up without cancelling and taking penalties, but I don't think that is any different with P&O

Edited by Corfe Mixture

"Also take note that after 'pay up day', and even after the date at which start to progressively lose the right to refund (182 days before sailing"

Interesting. In the N.A. market the cancellation dates without penalties are:

For cruises up to 29 days 75 days before sailing

For cruises 30 days and longer 120 days before sailing

Some promos have special conditions like non refundable deposits.

In October , after final payment and about three weeks before my cruise, price went down . Called Princess and got the difference credited back to my credit card.I had booked direct.

Yesterday got an additional OBC for a cruise after final payment.You have to look at your current price before asking for the OBC. If Princess is currently higher, your price will change too accepting the OBC. So sometimes not worth doing anything. Most times, worth the phone call to Princess(if booked direct) or your travel agent. Don't know if you book with an on line travel agency how cooperative they will be as a lower price can lower their commissions.

A good travel agent is watching these new incentives and pricing (mine does)but always good to check yourselves as well.

Edited by san diego sue

Just got a price reduction today prior to final payment. Agent first had to check if we had any promotions which we did not so we got the reduced price. He then advised us that the deposit on the booking became non-refundable and non-transferable. That's OK and he did tell us so are forewarned. Price of insurance also went down a little. So for us it was worth it. Glad I checked.