Bringing Wine On-board

Ugaaucruisers

Hello. We will be taking our first Princess cruise in August and have a few questions: I have read that the Princess policy is 1 bottle of wine per passenger to bring on board with no charge. Is this correct?

Can we bring more wine on board if we pay a corkage fee?

If the drink package is purchased do both passengers in the cabin have to purchase it?

We will be sailing out of Whittier after traveling through Denali. Is there a place to purchase wine in Whittier?( Have never been to this port)

Thanks in advance for the help!

Laura

Hello. We will be taking our first Princess cruise in August and have a few questions: I have read that the Princess policy is 1 bottle of wine per passenger to bring on board with no charge. Is this correct? Yes

Can we bring more wine on board if we pay a corkage fee? yes. $15/bottle

If the drink package is purchased do both passengers in the cabin have to purchase it? no

We will be sailing out of Whittier after traveling through Denali. Is there a place to purchase wine in Whittier?( Have never been to this port) Don't know, but someone will.

Laura

see above

Hello. We will be taking our first Princess cruise in August and have a few questions: I have read that the Princess policy is 1 bottle of wine per passenger to bring on board with no charge. Is this correct? Yes, 1)750 ml bottle per adult to drink in your cabin or a $15 corkage fee elsewhere.

Can we bring more wine on board if we pay a corkage fee? Yes, as much as you like is subject to a $15/bottle fee & can be consumed anywhere without an additional fee.

If the drink package is purchased do both passengers in the cabin have to purchase it? No

We will be sailing out of Whittier after traveling through Denali. Is there a place to purchase wine in Whittier?( Have never been to this port) I had a turnaround day in Whittier however I didn't find a place to purchase wine.

Laura

The Princess wine policy is displayed on boarding passes & elsewhere on their website. While not as liberal as previously, to me the Princess wine policy is much better than most other cruiselines. :)

It is either one bottle per person or two per cabin with no charge. For most this is the same thing.

Unlimited additional bottles subject to $15 corkage.

The wine package is for a set number of bottles. So a couple can share it.

I could be mistaking but think the policy that the wine you bring onboard must be done at the time of embarkation. Rules are overlooked but if you purchase wine in port, be prepared to have it held until the end of the cruise.

We will embark in Whittier....just don't know if there are stores close to the port.

I could be mistaking but think the policy that the wine you bring onboard must be done at the time of embarkation. Rules are overlooked but if you purchase wine in port, be prepared to have it held until the end of the cruise.

I have brought wine onboard from ports many times & sometimes they will charge corkage however I've always been allowed to bring wine from ports. It wasn't because they didn't see it because they've said "nice bottle of wine" and this was the ship's security.

If they want to charge corkage on a bottle you want to take home, then they will hold it fee-free until the last evening onboard. My experience has been they are more concerned about catching booze but I'm always prepared to pay corkage; if not, that's a bonus & more money to spend on other things on the ship. :)

Edited by Astro Flyer

The wine package is for a set number of bottles. So a couple can share it.

Believe the question was about the the 'All Inclusive Bar Package' which costs $56.35/day or $394.45 for a seven day cruise. Both passengers do not have to purchase this package.