Fort Lauderdale Hotel Query

Dayseldan

Flying from Ireland to America Friday 10th April to sail on Royal Caribbeans Independance of the Seas 8 day Eastern cruise. This will be our 2nd cruise having been on Freedom of the Seas lat year.

Looking for advice on a Hotel to stay in. Have never been in FL so looking for some help!

Budget 0f 100USD for the night.

Any advice on good location, access to cruise terminal.

What should i budget for transport from Fort Lauderdale Int airport?

Flying from Ireland to America Friday 10th April to sail on Royal Caribbeans Independance of the Seas 8 day Eastern cruise. This will be our 2nd cruise having been on Freedom of the Seas lat year.

Looking for advice on a Hotel to stay in. Have never been in FL so looking for some help!

That budget isn't realistic for Fort Lauderdale in mid-April (August maybe) at the end of the high season. Check out the Fort Lauderdale tourism website: http://www.sunny.org for info on hotels, attractions, restaurants and transportation. The 2 most popular areas are 17th street and the airport. If you go to http://www.sunny.org/cruise-and-play/hotels-with-shuttles/ there is a listing of hotels with shuttles but most hotels are close to the port and in some cases (multiple passengers for example) a taxi might cost less than a shuttle.

Your budget is unrealistic.

I would stay at the Doubletree Gallery One or Sonesta and enjoy the beach and water taxi.