Sail along with us - Indy 8-day Caribbean Report (Picture heavy)

After a cocktail or 3 it was off the Sorrento's for a late night snack. On a sober night the pizza at Sorrento's is pretty iffy. But after a few drinks, on a boat, on vacation, after midnight it's probably the best pizza in the world.

Stuffed Porter died and went to heaven as does his in-real-life version whenever there's food around.

16268068245_1ca8e61bb9_c.jpg

He's a good boy and knows he's not supposed to drink. ;)

15648168873_32518b887b_c.jpg

After Sorrento's we retired to our cabin and slept the night away. We both agreed it was one of our best nights of sleep.

I see Stuffed Porter is a Packer backer.:)

Sent from my SM-P600 using Forums mobile app

Love the pictures, keep 'em coming!

Definitely enjoying this....and it gets us in the swing of things for our upcoming cruise on Indy.

I am looking forward to seeing the Cruise Compasses that he has. I know I posted a link in our Roll Call to older ones....just looking to see if this CD has changed anything and added his 'personal' touch.

Hey everyone, we are doing Indy in April, my wife just saw the picture with Michael Kors, how expensive are the prices!!!

Same prices as you'd find in Macy's or in a land based Michael Kors store. No bargains at all, other than being tax free.

I will say they might have some designs that are harder to get on land. On our last cruise they had an adorable green polka dot tote, but I decided to get it at home. Once home I realized it had sold out everywhere!

Same prices as you'd find in Macy's or in a land based Michael Kors store. No bargains at all, other than being tax free.

I will say they might have some designs that are harder to get on land. On our last cruise they had an adorable green polka dot tote, but I decided to get it at home. Once home I realized it had sold out everywhere!

For great prices on Michael Kors check out your local Marshalls or TJMaxx store.

I'm so sorry we missed you - we were on the same sailing.

r9luhf.jpg

You might have seen me in an Ohio State t-shirt a couple of times or noticed our room:

1sxzm8.jpg

Let me just say the Ben & Jerry's "Sweet" was awesome!

I'm so sorry we missed you - we were on the same sailing.

r9luhf.jpg

You might have seen me in an Ohio State t-shirt a couple of times or noticed our room:

1sxzm8.jpg

Very nice!! You got the cow "sweet"!! Can you tell me what perks you received? I had heard that they had trimmed down the perks.. Was the room very noisy?

Very nice!! You got the cow "sweet"!! Can you tell me what perks you received? I had heard that they had trimmed down the perks.. Was the room very noisy?

I think I might create a new thread just on this because I don't remember seeing one in a while. But for now, here is the info I have.

Going into booking the Ben & Jerry's "Sweet" I had read the reviews of what to expect, I saw pictures, videos, etc and the only part I ever read that might have concerned me was that it could be noisy at night. This is due to either the crew access door below from Ben & Jerry's into the staff area or due to the staff access from the movable bridge on the promenade. For the entire 8 night cruise, I only heard the door close once at night. The rest of the cruise it was peacefully quiet.

As for the perks, of course there is the ice cream. We counted 14 coupons and even after 8 nights, we still had about 6 left over. There is just so much food on the ship that after a while you don't want any more sweets.

But the one thing we expected but didn't know what to make of it in advance was the access to the Concierge Lounge. First off, our stateroom cards did not work to get in and there was no extra card with the info in the stateroom. You can go down to guest services and they will fix it (but as we would later find out from the concierge, they didn't fix it correctly). But that didn't stop us anyway - we tailgated in behind another couple the first night. We introduced ourselves to the concierge Raj and he is the happiest crew member I have ever met on a ship. He fixed both of our cards at his desk, gave us some info, told us he had a surprise for us later in the week, and told us to relax and have a drink.

So let's see if I can remember the perks we got for the week:

Ice Cream coupons.

Upgraded bathroom amenities (you get lotion, shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, and a tiny box with cotton balls, q-tips, and a shower cap).

Terry Robes to use on board.

There is complementary bar service inside the lounge every night between 5:00-8:30 (and they pour liberally).

There is continental breakfast in the lounge every morning (we still did Windjammer for the extra selection).

A cheese plate arrived on day 2, complements of the Captain.

We didn't have to wait in a line for 30 minutes to get ice show tickets ("Hi Raj, can we get ice show tickets for today at 3:00pm" - "Sure, here you go").

We were invited to suite event lunch hosted by the Ship's Senior Officers inside of Chops Grille on day 2. I can't describe the food in words and I didn't take pics, but let's just say it's fancy extra large appetizers and drinks are complementary.

A bowl of fruit arrived on day 3, complements of the Hotel Director.

Our surprise for later in the week was that we got access to Barefoot Beach at Labadee (normally reserved for Gold Card members only).

On the last sea day, we asked if Raj could check us into our return flight (Southwest - check in 24 hours before boarding) which he did and even printed our boarding passes.

And the thing I think made the trip extra special, by asking nicely if there were any behind the scenes tours, Raj got us added to his group for the bridge tour.

Capt Manolis:

21e8fa1.jpg

Again, Raj is the nicest guy and is always giving the ladies a hug. Jokingly we have said that now we are spoiled and can't go back to not having access to a concierge. I can't say enough nice things about Raj - he took a great vacation and made it amazing! I'm sorry to say though that looking through my pictures, we never grabbed one of us with him.

Edited by Rewind

P.S. - I have cruise compasses for each day and will try to scan them this week. The most recent copies I could find before this cruise are almost a year old.

Great.....I have seen the cruise compasses from an 8 day itinerary from this past March -- over St. Patrick's Day, and am curious about a standard cruise without a special holiday in it.

1sxzm8.jpg

Only one of those can claim a National Championship! BTW, I was at the OSU/IL game in the shoe this year. Fun but cold!

BTW, which one went to Ohio State, the tall one or the cute one :) ?

Edited by BillOh

Only one of those can claim a National Championship! BTW, I was at the OSU/IL game in the shoe this year. Fun but cold!

BTW, which one went to Ohio State, the tall one or the cute one :) ?

That would be me - the tall one. I was at the same game and yes it was quite chilly.