When will Princess include us in their move over offers

On the Main Princess thread this has just been posted by a very lucky lady

We were made an offer we could not refuse as -

Details:

We gave up a 10 night cruise out of Singapore in a BD.

We got:

Full refund via refundable OBC + 500

300 in change airline fees

10 day cruise in US, Mexico, Caribbean in a full suite

and

15 day cruise anywhere in the world in a full suite.

It appears that on this cruise Princess needed 4 BD cabins urgently!!!!

Lucky lady I envy her and hope she and her mother have 2 great cruises

if they over book any cruise and they want your cabin you could get a phone call, you never know it could happen

We did get a phone call Bob, our New Zealand cruise was over booked and they offered us a deal that sounded okay, but it was less than a week before the cruise and we had already started packing, we turned it down.:p

We did get a phone call Bob, our New Zealand cruise was over booked and they offered us a deal that sounded okay, but it was less than a week before the cruise and we had already started packing, we turned it down.:p

someone would have taken the offer and the deal gets better as people knock it back....so it does happen here

I personally would not describe her as lucky at all. I would likely not ever take a move over offer. A lot of thought, preparation, time, money, effort go into booking these trips and nothing could compensate me for being moved over. There is also the time away from work, new flight costs, difference in hotel costs that need to be accounted for. As a seasoned cruiser, I am working my way around the world sector by sector year after year and would never take a move over offer.

My grandparents are Australians and were made a similar offer back in 2010. They were on a Diamond Princess repositioning cruise and were offered a longer cruise in a full suite on the Sun Princess, to them the Sun Princess would have been a major step down from the Diamond Princess despite the fact they had a twin inside cabin booked on the Diamond, they turned it down and asked not to be contacted again. The cost of their insurance at their age was high enough and they had to do a great deal to get that insurance and could not afford to move over either. They had booked through a travel agent and not through Princess like they have before. It appears to me that sometimes travel agents must overbook and not Princess. I have always booked direct with the cruise line and have never been offered any move over offers. I would not want them anyway.

I personally would not describe her as lucky at all. I would likely not ever take a move over offer. A lot of thought, preparation, time, money, effort go into booking these trips and nothing could compensate me for being moved over. There is also the time away from work, new flight costs, difference in hotel costs that need to be accounted for. As a seasoned cruiser, I am working my way around the world sector by sector year after year and would never take a move over offer.

My grandparents are Australians and were made a similar offer back in 2010. They were on a Diamond Princess repositioning cruise and were offered a longer cruise in a full suite on the Sun Princess, to them the Sun Princess would have been a major step down from the Diamond Princess despite the fact they had a twin inside cabin booked on the Diamond, they turned it down and asked not to be contacted again. The cost of their insurance at their age was high enough and they had to do a great deal to get that insurance and could not afford to move over either. They had booked through a travel agent and not through Princess like they have before. It appears to me that sometimes travel agents must overbook and not Princess. I have always booked direct with the cruise line and have never been offered any move over offers. I would not want them anyway.

maybe you dont want them but other people do take them, as the person on the US board they were quite happy to take the offer....if it was offered to me i would think about it and it wouldnt matter what ship it was

That sounds like a neat deal, and they were happy, so good on them. I also see the points of others here, and as another view, we like to pick our cabin if we can these days, so it would be another factor we might consider in that sort of offer. It could depend if you are cruising with friends and family too.

maybe you dont want them but other people do take them, as the person on the US board they were quite happy to take the offer....if it was offered to me i would think about it and it wouldnt matter what ship it was

Obviously some people do. However with the amount of research, time and effort spent on planning a cruise, booking flights, booking hotels, for someone like me no amount of offers could compensate me.

I don't book cruises in the hope that they will be cancelled by the cruise line and "win" some form of compensation. I book them because I am genuinely keen to do a cruise and explore that area of the world. If I were to take a move over offer it would negate all the hard work and effort I put in and no amount of upgrades could compensate for the amount of wasted time I put into planning a cruise.

It matters entirely what ship it is as I have a blacklist of ships I will refuse to cruise on. I will not be sailing on the Island Princess after its destruction. I also refuse to sail on the Crown, Emerald, Ruby and Caribbean.

As an extra insight into why I would never take a move over offer then take this as an example. Back in 2006 I was on a cruise that stopped at Port Said for tours to Cairo/Giza. The next day it was doing a Suez Canal transit followed by a stop in Safaga for Luxor/Karnak and Valley of the Kings. Now what happened on that cruise was that the ship was struck down with noro-virus. I caught it and was confined to my cabin for the duration of Port Said and the Suez Canal transit. I was able to visit Luxor and Karnak and Valley of the Kings. It is now 2015 and that makes it just on 9 years since that cruise. To this day I have not seen Cairo and the pyramids of Giza. I went on that cruise to see them and missed out. Logistically and financially I was not able to find a suitable replacement cruise. Now with the world situation it is highly unlikely I will get to see them any time in the near future.

So with that in mind and how hard it is to rebook a destination that you miss out on, I make sure I would never ever take a move over offer because you never know your circumstances in the future and if you are booking a cruise to see a certain place then there is no guarantee there will be a cruise to replace it.

We were offered a move over offer in 2010, Diamond Princess Singapore to Sydney.

Full refund and a free cruise in a Mini Suite(we had a balcony) plus $300pp towards flight changes.

We didnt take it as we were travelling with family and friends and I couldnt change my holidays. (1 weeks notice) Lots of people on our Roll Call did though.

They really must have oversold that cruise.

Tanya

On the Main Princess thread this has just been posted by a very lucky lady

We were made an offer we could not refuse as -

Details:

We gave up a 10 night cruise out of Singapore in a BD.

We got:

Full refund via refundable OBC + 500

300 in change airline fees

10 day cruise in US, Mexico, Caribbean in a full suite

and

15 day cruise anywhere in the world in a full suite

It appears that on this cruise Princess needed 4 BD cabins urgently!!!!

Lucky lady I envy her and hope she and her mother have 2 great cruises

We got a similar offer on our one and only Princess cruise last year but unfortunately couldn't take up the offer.

We got a move over offer when we tried to do New Zealand on the Sea Princess in December 2011, we ended up doing New Zealand on the Diamond Princess :) .

I remember that KC.:D Thought it was a great deal. In fact I have often read of someone in this part of the world being offered a great move over deal.

To us, it would depend on the circumstances whether or not we would take one. On the whole I think we are very lucky if we are given the opportunity to do as the OP has.

I wouldn't mind getting an offer like this for our cruise next month. ;)

Well I do think the lady was lucky and particularly as she had a mother getting over a broken hip so to put the 23 hour flight off to another day makes seinse. I would not even had read through the whole offer ebefore I had decided to accept it No time limits on when to book the replacement cruises either:D:D

We are due to leave in 10 days, and I just read this, we talked about it, and yes we would take the move over offer, even though half of our cruise clothes are already laid out in preparation for our first cruise from Brisbane to NZ.

Now just waiting for the phone call lololol