Lox-smoked salmon

4gomez

Lox is served 24/7 if you know where to look. ;)

MDR- Breakfast and Brunch

Room Service

Deli

The MDR will make a LEO omelette, using white onions.:rolleyes: The waiters always say they will check to see if it can be made, but I've never had to get something else. They won't make it at the Lido omelette stations.

FWIW Lox and smoked salmon can be different. Carnival serves Lox. Lox is smoked salmon but not all smoked salmon is lox.

Don't tell anyone, but i had lox, smoked salmon, on my recent Glory cruise almost every morning in the buffet for breakfast. All you have to is ask the proper person if they can get it for you. I have never been turned down. After the 1st time I asked for it, the person saw me and asked if I wanted it today. He also got me tomato and sliced red onion as well. Heres the crazy thing, almost every time it was given to me, someone would ask me where I got it.

Don't tell anyone, but i had lox, smoked salmon, on my recent Glory cruise almost every morning in the buffet for breakfast. All you have to is ask the proper person if they can get it for you. I have never been turned down. After the 1st time I asked for it, the person saw me and asked if I wanted it today. He also got me tomato and sliced red onion as well. Heres the crazy thing, almost every time it was given to me, someone would ask me where I got it.

Wow never knew that.

We usually have it in the DR for breakfast or sometimes in the evening from deli.

Me too, I picked up a taste for this on my Alaskan cruise, were it was on the buffet each day, so on Carnival I just asked on the first day and after that they served it to me.

Happy cruising!

Lox is served 24/7 if you know where to look. ;)

FWIW Lox and smoked salmon can be different. Carnival serves Lox. Lox is smoked salmon but not all smoked salmon is lox.

Thank you for this. I prefer nova smoked and usually get blank looks from servers or others when I asked what type of smoking procedure has been used on the salmon.

I would agree that the salmon on Carnival is lox; it has the very salty taste of lox.

Thank you for this. I prefer nova smoked and usually get blank looks from servers or others when I asked what type of smoking procedure has been used on the salmon.

I would agree that the salmon on Carnival is lox; it has the very salty taste of lox.

Funny...I can picture the server foraging for the box the salmon came in to read the particulars for you. And I always thought that "lox" being from the belly of the salmon was the preferred cut. Whatever, smoked salmon is still smoked salmon.

And yes, you can get it most anywhere on the ship....as well as red onions, peppercorns, cream cheese and bagels. Enjoy

Do they still serve smoked salmon at breakfast or am I "LIVING IN THE PAST" ?

I have it delivered in the morning from room service and enjoy on the balcony with my Coffee with Baileys! I usually ask for extra capers!

Oh and the Eggs Benny with Salmon is really good in the MDR.

Edited by Cruzlover7
forgot soemthing