2 questions - covered balcony?? and what's playing on MUTS for Caribbean Princess??

luv2cruz62

Just booked on the Caribbean for the Mediterranean in May (can't wait...:D)

but I have 2 questions....we have booked mini suite D217....from what I can tell...it is not a covered balcony....does it really matter ? (just getting feedback....I think others can look down onto your balcony?) also, does anyone know what is playing at MUTS? Am taking my 21 year old daughter with us, and have raved about MUTS....husband doesn't like....so she will be watching with me enjoying cookies and popcorn!:p

but I have 2 questions....we have booked mini suite D217....from what I can tell...it is not a covered balcony....does it really matter ? (just getting feedback....I think others can look down onto your balcony?) also, does anyone know what is playing at MUTS? Am taking my 21 year old daughter with us, and have raved about MUTS....husband doesn't like....so she will be watching with me enjoying cookies and popcorn!:p

Your balcony will be 9'x6' and not covered. It's up to you if you think that's important. People on deck 10 can stand and look over their rail and see the balcony. No different than sitting by the Lido pool in full sight of those on the open deck above. We have been on deck 10 and other than a passing glance to deck 9 never really noticed it much.

What's playing now on MUTS most likely will be different by May.

Edited by sknight

• 3 weeks later...

I just got off her today, and on my deck, deck 12, I could look down on a couple of decks below. My deck, however, had covered balconies.

I LOVED MUTS!! This is the best cruise line feature I could possibly imagine. On our cruise, we had Dirty Dancing (my husband's favorite movie, but we skipped it), filmed concerts, Princess Bride, 100 Foot Journey, Back to the Future, and The Fault In Our Stars. We watched the last two, and it was such a great way to see a movie. R-rated films are shown in the Princess Theater, and we saw Gone Girl one night.

MUTS will more than likely be different by the time of your cruise. However, I have found their choices of films and concerts to satisfy a wide variety of tastes.

On my 5 cruises on the CB , my late traditional dining always conflicted with MUTS. :(

ALso, just a personal preference, I like the Caribe deck balcony rooms for their privacy, larger space, and protection from the sun. (half covered) However, you would be giving up the extra internal space in a Dolphin mini which is surely a big bonus because you are traveling with your daughter. To me, that absolutely trumps the Caribe balcony.

I did two weeks on a British Isles cruise with my 20 something daughter in a Dolphin mini and fortunately it saved us both from strangling each other. :D:D:D

You will be able to look up and see a lot a balconies. When I am in a Dolphin mini, always wear pretty loungewear to sleep in so I can get up and just walk out to the balcony for coffee without changing. (that's after room service delivers my morning coffee. Happiness!!!!

Edited by lolane1
addition

Does anyone get tired of muts?

Seems like old reruns and it's like visiting someone who leaves the TV on. Sometime it is quite LOUD.

It hit us as annoying, when we were sailing away to a beautiful Belize sunset with BLAH BLAH BLAH from a pool away.

Really only,half a dozen people were watching ????

Just wondering...

Edited by IIcaptain

I hope you joined our roll call lots of activities planned.

This is from another thread and lists the movies on the Caribbean a couple of weeks ago. I have no idea which were shown on MUTS and when.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingofcool1947 View Post

Gone Girl,

The Giver,

The Hundred Foot Journey,

Hitch,

Alexander and the Terrible,

Edge of Tommorow,

Overboard,

Top Giun,

Sheryl Crow: live,

Get On Up,

Pink, Lice In Melbourne,

Billy Joel: Live: At Shea Stadium,

The Maze Runner,

Mumford & Sons: the Road To Red.

Begin Again,

Under the Same Moon,

Some Like It Hot,

The Proposal,

Stevie Wonder: Live At Last,

The Fault of Our Stars,

Jersy Boys,

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by IECalCruiser

We had an uncovered balcony for the first time on a recent 3 day LA to Ensenada trip. It was our first time in a mini suite and the only rooms left had uncovered balconies. The balcony areas were busy during sail away and throughout the first night, but after that it was very quiet. It was almost as private as being in a covered balcony. However, I would hesitate to book an uncovered balcony again. I think someone in a cabin higher than us had a bit too much to drink or eat in Ensenada. I stepped onto the balcony the next morning and immediately stepped back inside. Little chunks of food were scattered around the blue floor covering. Yuck. I'm sticking to covered balconies in the future.

I am also interested in comments on uncovered balconies. While we did not book a mini suite on our upcoming Diamond cruise, we seriously thought about it. However we noticed the majority of the balconies were uncovered and being fair skinned and the hot sun beating down, this would just make the balconies unusable. Maybe it is different in cooler climates but Australian/South Pacific cruises are usually in the warmer months and our sun is fierce, so what do people do for shade?

I am also interested in comments on uncovered balconies. While we did not book a mini suite on our upcoming Diamond cruise, we seriously thought about it. However we noticed the majority of the balconies were uncovered and being fair skinned and the hot sun beating down, this would just make the balconies unusable. Maybe it is different in cooler climates but Australian/South Pacific cruises are usually in the warmer months and our sun is fierce, so what do people do for shade?

There are a few minisuites aft on Emerald deck which have completely covered balconies.

And even an uncovered balcony on Dolphin deck will have shade some times during the day, depending on sun position relative to the ship. I guess if your balcony is in the sun, that's when you relocate to the nice loungers on the covered promenade deck or search out shade on the Lido deck. There are always alternatives around the ship.

We had an uncovered balcony for the first time on a recent 3 day LA to Ensenada trip. It was our first time in a mini suite and the only rooms left had uncovered balconies. The balcony areas were busy during sail away and throughout the first night, but after that it was very quiet. It was almost as private as being in a covered balcony. However, I would hesitate to book an uncovered balcony again. I think someone in a cabin higher than us had a bit too much to drink or eat in Ensenada. I stepped onto the balcony the next morning and immediately stepped back inside. Little chunks of food were scattered around the blue floor covering. Yuck. I'm sticking to covered balconies in the future.

well....now there's a vision. that you cannot 'unsee' once seen.. :eek: never thought of that...although you know it came from whom ever is in line above you. ick oh well....we will stick with our uncovered....although now I am thinking of contacting our TA to see if we could find another cabin maybe....:rolleyes:

Edited by luv2cruz62

Hi we are also on this trip. We have a covered mini on the Emerald deck. We discovered these a few years ago and haven't go back to the Dolphin deck. Didn't mind folk's above us most were nice but have to watch how much sun I get which was why we changed at first now we just love the covered balcony.

Hope you enjoy the mini, we like the size of these cabin for the sitting area and the tub which makes the shower larger. When you meet us in May you will understand why it matters :).

As for MUTS never made it to any of the shows yet that is. So much to do only so many hours in a day.

Have a good week, Laura

Does anyone get tired of muts?

Seems like old reruns and it's like visiting someone who leaves the TV on. Sometime it is quite LOUD.

It hit us as annoying, when we were sailing away to a beautiful Belize sunset with BLAH BLAH BLAH from a pool away.

Really only,half a dozen people were watching ????

Just wondering...

Tina Turner live! Yes after several years it got real old. :rolleyes:

well....now there's a vision. that you cannot 'unsee' once seen.. :eek: never thought of that...although you know it came from whom ever is in line above you. ick oh well....we will stick with our uncovered....although now I am thinking of contacting our TA to see if we could find another cabin maybe....:rolleyes:
Yes, I wouldn't want to see that either.

We booked a mini suite for our upcoming cruise in the Mediterranean on Emerald Princess (very few cruises done, first time with Princess). After cabin selection, I found out our cabin's balcony on Dolphin deck had no cover. Not good. I hate the sun! And like a bit of privacy! So quick research and luckily there was a Emerald Deck mini free - starboard side and all (not that I would have cared if it was port aft, since I am near deaf. DW however....). Anyways, swapped over cabin real quick.

Next time, research. Then cabin select!

Oh, GROSS! :eek:

:pThanks for all the info!! I have actually contacted our TA to see if we can change our cabin......like I said...I cannot 'un-visualize' the gross incident that was mentioned! lol :eek:

Can't wait to get on board!! :p