In room movies

Natmom

Hello,

This might be a silly question but are there any movies on the tv in the room? We are sailing on the oasis in May, just DH and I and we don't plan on sitting around watching movies but just wondered if they are available. We sailed disney last May and they had a nice variety it was nice when we just wanted downtime for an hour.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They have one or two movie channels. The selection and quality of free TV programming has gone WAY downhill in recent years. There is an option for pay-per-view movies; they are pretty overpriced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This has actually been an issue on our comment cards for a while. The choice of viewing on the TV is limited at best. There are news channels, RCI channels and a couple other very limited channels. There may be a movie shown periodically but most likely something very old. After a busy day in the sun, sometimes it is nice to relax and watch a movie. This is really not an option in the cabin. You can purchase a pay-per-view movie but the price is outrageous. Don't plan on much viewing in your cabin.

How much?

We glanced last month and I want to say $11.95 or $14.95. Seemed very high, especially as we would not be able to see the movie in one sitting. Not sure if the price was for a one time viewing, 24 hour period , the week etc. as we never got that far.

I did like in the past that over a full day or days, I might be able to catch most of a movie.

Now it seems the same type of movie that was shown on TV is now on the poolside movie screen.

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

You have to get the playstation from the CL, too. The pay per view movies, I believe were $14.95.

What I did was download movies and even TV series to my IPAD prior to the cruise and watched them as I wanted. You can connect to TV with an HDMI cable.

Playstation in my last Suite (see sig) was in room when I got there. You needed to get controller from CL

Sent from my SGH-T699 using Forums mobile app

I think RCCL which is my favorite line in general has the worst selection of movies and tv shows of all the major lines. Celebrity for one is 10 times better with large list of free on demand movies

Agred, even the movies in CL are terrible

Agred, even the movies in CL are terrible

I do not understand why they just do not have a dvd player in suites like Hal does, rather than needed to get it from concierge then returning it at end of cruise