Windjammer menus

I saw in recent Compasses that the Windjammer has theme nights. Do they post menus so you can decide in advance before going to the dining room.

I've never seen a Windjammer menu. However, you are welcome to walk through Windjammer and see what they are offering before you go to the dining room.

Looks like the Windjammer starts at 630 and our dinner is 6. Keeping fingers crossed for more info. Especially seafood extravaganza night

Maybe you could walk through Windjammer at lunchtime and ask to speak to one of the Chefs, and ask them what's for dinner.

Looks like the Windjammer starts at 630 and our dinner is 6. Keeping fingers crossed for more info. Especially seafood extravaganza night

Seafood extravaganza night? In the Windjammer? Not sure what that entails... you won't find crab legs or lobster or anything like that, just so you know. :)

Seafood extravaganza night? In the Windjammer? Not sure what that entails... you won't find crab legs or lobster or anything like that, just so you know. :)

I'm not sure what ships have the theme nights, but their definitely on the Oasis...started after the dry dock. There's also a Japanese night and a "Prime Rib Night", along with others. Atleast that's what the compasses from the Thanksgiving cruise say (which someone generously posted on here. Thank you for them! :D).

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Don't be so sure, I just read that on the Quantum they had crab legs in the Windjammer. I'm wondering.......larger Windjammer.....crab legs.......more cruisers in Windjammer, less in Dining Rooms = less waiters needed=more profit to RCCL. Just saying:)

.......larger Windjammer.....crab legs.......more cruisers in Windjammer, less in Dining Rooms = less waiters needed=more profit to RCCL. Just saying:)

....unlimited crab legs in WJ.... people scarfing them down like there's no tomorrow.... there goes any profit. Also just saying :)

....unlimited crab legs in WJ.... people scarfing them down like there's no tomorrow.... there goes any profit. Also just saying :)

But the biggest draw on the bottom line of any business is labor costs, salaries, housing, training, medical, and benefits. Every company today is looking for ways to slash labor costs and the cheapest way to deliver food will always be a cafeteria or buffet. Even if you're serving Lobster.

Edited by Jimmers

There were theme nights on my most recent cruise which was the Jewel. I only saw the themes posted after afternoon snacks was cleaned up in the Windjammer. I'm sure you can ask a crew member from the Windjammer earlier in the day!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There were theme nights on my most recent cruise which was the Jewel. I only saw the themes posted after afternoon snacks was cleaned up in the Windjammer. I'm sure you can ask a crew member from the Windjammer earlier in the day!

Sometimes the theme is bleh.

I wish RCCL would do what HAL does. They post the whole buffett dinner menu every afteroon at the entrances.

Do you remember what was on the seafood buffet.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I saw on another thread, that on the second night they had lobster tails in the Windjammer. They were not put out, but a sever had them and would hand them out to people. I am sure if you searched on this forum you could find the post.

The windjammer themes can be found on the newer cruise compasses. Which you can find by a simple search.

First post btw!

I remember seeing that post about the lobster tails in WJ as well. I can't remember which ship or what thread it was on though. I seem to recall the poster in that thread said the tails were half-tails. ?? I'm not a big lobster person so I skimmed right past it.

No menu but they do post the theme nights . The pasta bar is a favorite, made and cooked on the spot.

Its posted every day in the compass, the second formal night could have lobster in some form depending on several things. This was oasis western last month

1-texas BBQ

2-seafood extravaganza

3-la Vida local

4-ocean drive

5-shanghai surprise

6-prime rib night

7-turning Japanese]

Edited by setsail

When we were on the Oasis in November, they had lobster tails one night and on another night they had crab legs and mussels all you can eat. They also had Prime rib 3 times during the week. The food on the buffet has gotten so good we don't go to the MDR anymore.