FLL Hyatt Pier 66

Jules59

I have a couple of questions about the Hyatt pier 66 in FLL. We will be going down several days early before our cruise. What is in the area for restaurants, liquor stores and other things. That would be short walking distances. Like 2-3 blocks.

Also. how did you like the Pier 66? Was it clean? We would want to be in the higher tower rooms facing the port entrance. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

We stayed in one of the tower rooms and it was very nice. The pool area is lovely with a bar for drinks and snacks. Nice bar in the lobby. There is a Walgreens over the bridge, on the left. That would be the nearest store.

Other than that I don't remember any other stores within 2 to 3 blocks. We walk a lot so would not really notice a longer distance. We have stayed at the Renaissance a few times also and that is much closer to everything.

There are restaurants on 17th St. Bimini Boatyard being our favourite.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

you can hop on sun trolley to get over the bridge and down to the Harbor Shops with lots of shopping and dining options, but it does not run late....

i was in a tower room....several actually...in October....the first was dirty when i arrived, the second had a number of cleanliness and maintenence issues and the 3rd was acceptable.

it is a nice hotel, but in need of a renovation and lots of TLC....really showing its age and wear and tear from thousands of guests in and out every week....

the staff, with the exception of the bartender, was nice although they seemed to have no snse of urgency to correct issues. the bellman did more to assist us....and the lobby bartender was downright rude. I have cancelled my April reservation there

The Renaissance is in better shape IMO.....

you have more things walkable on the Renaissance side of the causeway.....

Sent from my iPad

Edited by megr1125

Just over the bridge is Walgreens and Market 17, a great restaurant, on your left. This is about a 3 block walk from the main hotel building.

Another block down on your right you will find: Bimini Boatyard, Bravo, Chipotle, Pei Wei, and Shula Burger.

We have stayed at the Hyatt Pier 66 last year in a tower room.

Loved every minute of it. Great service at front desk, excellent valet service and we found the location to be very central.

There is an Avis office at this hotel, so were able to leave the rental there and go to the port with their free shuttle.

Thanks all. We looked on Google Earth and it showed a gas station across the street. Might they have stuff like OJ and bottled water? Anything else? Thanks again everyone.

That gas station (HESS) has EVERYTHING! They even have a Dunkin Donuts inside, hot sandwiches, all items you might have forgotten. It's great.

We loved this hotel. Very clean. Had a tower room facing the area where RCCL Oasis docks. The balcony was huge and so was the room. Breakfast buffet was very nice as well. Don't know much about the surrounding area as we were not there that long. I can say the bar/restaurant in the main lobby had good food. Staying there again for upcoming cruises in April and September.

Is the bridge walkable for someone in average shape? Not too steep and with a sidewalk? Thanks.

It has a sidewalk and shouldn't be a problem for anyone in 'average' shape. It isn't a race so just take your time - only the first half is uphill :D. It opens on the hour and half hour (when boats are waiting to pass) so time your walk accordingly.

If you're flying into FLL and want to be able to go to Total Wine and More, CVS or Walgreens, etc. I would recommend this hotel because of the Avis location in the hotel. Everytime we've left out of FLL we always stay at this hotel because of the Avis. This way we can pick up things at the different stores rather than carry it in our luggage.

It has a sidewalk and shouldn't be a problem for anyone in 'average' shape. It isn't a race so just take your time - only the first half is uphill :D. It opens on the hour and half hour (when boats are waiting to pass) so time your walk accordingly.

Stupid question from me but we haven't stayed here before but we are contemplating Pier 66 in April before our cruise. Since this is a bridge that opens I assume that can affect the cost of a taxi to the cruise port if caught when the bridge opens? How long does it open for? Thank you.

Stupid question from me but we haven't stayed here before but we are contemplating Pier 66 in April before our cruise. Since this is a bridge that opens I assume that can affect the cost of a taxi to the cruise port if caught when the bridge opens? How long does it open for? Thank you.

My advice would be to time your taxi to pick you up on the quarter hours - then you won't have to worry. The bridge opens for as long as needed to get waiting boat traffic through (sometimes not at all, other times for up to 10 minutes). I live near a drawbridge further north on the intra-coastal and we just learn to time all our goings and comings around the opening times :D.