Skywalkers Lounge for Elite & Platinum 5pm to 7pm

Sailaway John

Just would like to know if Skywalkers Lounge is still made available from 5pm to 7pm for Elite and Platinum passengers each evening when travelling around Asia.

We had it on the Christmas Cruise just past and it was attended very well and is something to look forward to before dinner.

We will be on the Japan to Sydney cruise on the 6th September 2015.

And I want to meet up with the friendly staff that I made friends with last December/January.

Yes, on ships with Skywalkers they do have the lounge each evening. Ships without a Skywalkers use a different venue. On the Coral, it was Explorer's, and once we had lounge in Club Fusion because the crowd was so large. I don't think you will likely see the same staff from one ship or even one sailing to the next. The staff has a turn-over rate.

Funny thing about checking the cards.

When I am with my husband, they never check our cards (he is ruby, I am platinum).

When I am alone, they always check my card. To the point, on the Star two years ago, I was approached by one of the staff and he informed me that this was for PES guests. I explained that I met that requirement and handed him my card. He took my card and scanned it (no, I did not order a drink). I was a little put off by that. But I did go back every night, because the regular crowd was so much fun!

Yes, on ships with Skywalkers they do have the lounge each evening. Ships without a Skywalkers use a different venue. On the Coral, it was Explorer's, and once we had lounge in Club Fusion because the crowd was so large. I don't think you will likely see the same staff from one ship or even one sailing to the next. The staff has a turn-over rate.

There were so many PSE's on our recent Ruby cruise they moved the event to Club Fusion. It was not quite the same in my opinion.

Mike:)

Just would like to know if Skywalkers Lounge is still made available from 5pm to 7pm for Elite and Platinum passengers each evening when travelling around Asia.

We had it on the Christmas Cruise just past and it was attended very well and is something to look forward to before dinner.

We will be on the Japan to Sydney cruise on the 6th September 2015.

And I want to meet up with the friendly staff that I made friends with last December/January.

Hi John,

I am on the Sapphire on Monday from Singapore so will post back and let you know.

We were on the Diamond from Beijing in 2013 and they had the Elite/Platinum/Suite drinks in Skywalkers so hopefully will again, its a great way to start the evening.

Chez (from Port Macquarie also)

xx

We took two short cruises back to back a few weeks ago on the Caribbean Princess. One of the bar stewards we loved on the first cruise wasn't there for the second. Another bar steward explained that they get rotated to different bars around the ship from cruise to cruise. Fortunately we loved the service we received from her and she became our new favorite.

• 2 weeks later...

Not always, I was just on the Ruby which does have Skywalkers and the elite/platium/suite coctail hour was held in Club Fusion.