Chance of an upgrade

mrobstad

I am looking at the RCCL Oasis, Anthem and the NCL Allure. Prices are similar, as are itineraries. Two things I like about NCL are the UDP and the likelihood of an upgrade after final payment. I feel NCL really works with you, and although I am one cruise from diamond on RCCL, I've never been offered an upgrade. Help me make up my mind!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

If you are basing your decision on the possibility of an upgrade, I am not sure you will ever come to a factual conclusion. Every cruise upgrade possibility varies, because each has it's own booking trends. Not predictable in any way, at least not in any way known to the public.

Well, it's hard to believe, but the balconies are sold out on both RCCL ships for Pres week, 2016!!!!! I actually wanted to cruise RCCL since I've finally got a friend to share a room! I like both lines, but the PCC I'm working with from Norwegian seems to be able to get me upgrades...we will see☺️

One cruise away from diamond is reason enough to go with RCCL. Once you reach diamond you get several money saving perks, $350 balcony cabin discount, free cocktails each evening from 5:30 to 8:30, free or discount laundry service, plus once your diamond you are loyal enough that you can choose cabin upgrades as a choice of benefits on your preference list. happy cruising

I got an upgrade on my first cruise (Carnival), but it was to a horrible location. I book a specific location on every cruise, and not looking for an upgrade as the cruise line may feel it's an upgrade but if you get stuck under a disco or under a dining room (that was the case for my first cruise), it's not really an upgrade, is it?

All three ships you named are Royal Caribbean...This includes Allure. Just what ship are you considering on NCL? EM

I booked NCL Escape ten minutes ago...plenty of time to change and wanted the current promotion!

One cruise away from diamond is reason enough to go with RCCL. Once you reach diamond you get several money saving perks, $350 balcony cabin discount, free cocktails each evening from 5:30 to 8:30, free or discount laundry service, plus once your diamond you are loyal enough that you can choose cabin upgrades as a choice of benefits on your preference list. happy cruising

Hmmmmm....maybe I was hasty....

It's always best to book the cabin that you would be happy with in case there is no upgrade. Royal's ships sail pretty full and any upgrade would be offered first to their top tier guests (Pinnacles). Since you are one point away from Diamond, I would also suggest to cruise with them again to reach your Diamond level as there are many benefits at that level. Ensure you have checked off on the Crown & Anchor page (Member area) your cruise preference for an upgrade.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/aboutprogram.do