Question for people that have bought the ultimate beverage package

awinte2

We are considering buying the Ultimate beverage package for my husband only. He is a beer drinker and has always bought the bucket of beer and put them in the fridge in the stateroom. We have in the past got a glass and I have made a shandy with part of his beer and also he has bought a pina colada by the pool and we shared it with 2 straws and the same with water.

I certainly do not want any embarrassment to us by having Princess monitor and accuse my hubby of breaking any rules. I read that if he wants 5 beers to take to the room he must go up 5 separate times. But then someone stated they also monitor the timing between drinks, coffee etc.

Has this happened to anyone . I think it would make sense money wise to purchase the package for him but not sure we want any aggravation.

Sincerely

Arlene

If u have the ultimate drinks package you may only buy one drink at a time if only one has the package. With the package the drinks are not for sharing they are for the person with the package. Bottom line is how honest are the people who buy the package. What you have done before is perfectly legit as you bought the drinks. I've had coffee cards before and could have as many coffees straight after the other if I wanted. I don't think there is a time limit for alcohol but if I'm wrong someone will correct me.

No time limit between drinks. If you only get beer, do the math regarding the value of the package. Note that on some ships they have happy hour in the afternoon at one of the bars where you can get two for one beers and other drinks. It's a better deal than the buckets. Stock up the fridge. Check around for information about the happy hour when you board and/or ask on these CC boards a few weeks before you sail regarding the ship you will be on.

For a beer-only drinker I can't imagine the all inclusive package being even vaguely worth the cost.

As mentioned above, if you want your shandy get the two-for-one deal on beer during happy hour. You can ask to have them unopened and they won't bat an eye. Pay for one, get two and take them back to your cabin to drink whenever you like. You can actually show up and order two at the beginning of happy hour, stick them in your handy dandy Princess tote bag, and then order two more shortly before the end of happy hour.

Happy hour is usually in the late afternoon (5 - 6) in Wheelhouse or Explorer's and then again from 11-Midnight in Skywalker's. That one is a bit late for me but perhaps not too late for you.

Edited by Thrak

For a beer-only drinker I can't imagine the all inclusive package being even vaguely worth the cost.

As mentioned above, if you want your shandy get the two-for-one deal on beer during happy hour. You can ask to have them unopened and they won't bat an eye. Pay for one, get two and take them back to your cabin to drink whenever you like. You can actually show up and order two at the beginning of happy hour, stick them in your handy dandy Princess tote bag, and then order two more shortly before the end of happy hour.

Happy hour is usually in the late afternoon (5 - 6) in Wheelhouse or Explorer's and then again from 11-Midnight in Skywalker's. That one is a bit late for me but perhaps not too late for you.

Thankyou all for the replys. Makes more sense the happy hour concept.

Sincerely

Arlene