OBC and Exchange Rates

cbr663

Hi Mic,

Did you finish up buying your latest lot of onboard credit over the phone? or on the link through the Website? If you ordered it on the phone, which phone number did you use, 'cause I tried to order some through Captain's Club last week and the exchange rate was poor, certainly not $ for $.

:D

I called the Gift dept Call 1-800-242-6374

http://www.celebritycruises.com/bonvoyage/cruise-onboard-credit/onbdcr

Hi Mic,

Did you finish up buying your latest lot of onboard credit over the phone? or on the link through the Website? If you ordered it on the phone, which phone number did you use, 'cause I tried to order some through Captain's Club last week and the exchange rate was poor, certainly not $ for $.

I'm having a small brain day today, and I'm still not sure, even after re-reading your posts!!! :o

I'd love to buy some too.....

Could you kindly let me know when you have a moment?

Thanks,

ratacake

:D

I called 1800 754 500 and followed the prompts, the website either hasn't worked or it hasn't been processed as yet.:D

I ordered a second lot of OBC through the website on Feb 3. It was debited from my cc on Feb 5 (today). My cruise leaves on Feb 8, so I guess they put a rush on last minute orders.

Probably explains why others have to wait longer - queue jumpers!

Still got US$1 = AU$1

I ordered a second lot of OBC through the website on Feb 3. It was debited from my cc on Feb 5 (today). My cruise leaves on Feb 8, so I guess they put a rush on last minute orders.

Probably explains why others have to wait longer - queue jumpers!

Still got US$1 = AU$1

Good job, the cruise where I used the website to order the OBC isn't until December, so that may be why.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

Mic,

Total success!!! You are a hero!!!!

We owe you a beer for that - got straight through, spoke with Lucille (Lucille, please come back where you belong!!!)

(Sorry, I digress - she was charming and I even stayed on the line in order to tell Celebrity how pleased I was with the service, and how lovely Lucille was) :)

Anyways, the upshot is $300 obc and within 5 minutes I had the email from Celebrity confirming the amount - AND IT WAS DOLLAR FOR DOLLAR!:cool:

Now, all I want is for it to show on my credit card.......

Thanks again,

ratacake

PS This is another example of the beaut stuff we find out on Cruise Critic.

PPS Now all we have to do is find a cruise where we're both on the same ship and you can get your beer!!!

Mic,

Total success!!! You are a hero!!!!

We owe you a beer for that - got straight through, spoke with Lucille (Lucille, please come back where you belong!!!)

(Sorry, I digress - she was charming and I even stayed on the line in order to tell Celebrity how pleased I was with the service, and how lovely Lucille was) :)

Anyways, the upshot is $300 obc and within 5 minutes I had the email from Celebrity confirming the amount - AND IT WAS DOLLAR FOR DOLLAR!:cool:

Now, all I want is for it to show on my credit card.......

Thanks again,

ratacake

PS This is another example of the beaut stuff we find out on Cruise Critic.

PPS Now all we have to do is find a cruise where we're both on the same ship and you can get your beer!!!

Cheers, I have 9 in the pipeline, so pick one:p

Otherwise we can set a time (like Saturday at 3pm) and I will raise a glass and thank you for the beer that you would have bought me if we met.:D

Cheers, I have 9 in the pipeline, so pick one:p

Otherwise we can set a time (like Saturday at 3pm) and I will raise a glass and thank you for the beer that you would have bought me if we met.:D

You can make that 10 beers (although not sure how to get one to you). After trying several times online I had no evidence of anything actually happening. I did try calling the numbers on the US website, but after getting shuffled around a little someone finally realised I was from Oz and said I had to contact the Oz branch and gave me a number (which didn't work).

So went the the .au website (should've gone there first) and tried that number (which bounced me back to the US), BUT that person was of a great help, bought some OBC in $A and the email índicates' that I may the equivalent in $US - but wont be totally certain til I see it on the day we sail.

Seems to good to be true, but...... Thanks everyone for the advice and help.

Carl :)

Hi there

we are booked in US, I did manage to get the credit in Canadian on the website but it still hasn't been charged to my CC or shown up in my cruise planner.

If you are booked in US, you will be charged in US....even if you make the purchase on the Canadian website, OBC are being processed in the currency your reservation is....

CDN reservation paid in CND fund = OBC charged on credit card at $27.20 CAN

CDN reservation paid in US fund = OBC charged on credit at $25.00 USD, so Credit card company makes the conversion + the regular foreign fees

If you are booked in US, you will be charged in US....even if you make the purchase on the Canadian website, OBC are being processed in the currency your reservation is....

CDN reservation paid in CND fund = OBC charged on credit card at $27.20 CAN

CDN reservation paid in US fund = OBC charged on credit at $25.00 USD, so Credit card company makes the conversion + the regular foreign fees

Seems that the same rules applies for Aussies.:D

Did you book the cruise in GBP also. We paid in US and can't purchase OBC. It all went through and we received confirmation but cc was never charged and no email.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Now I'm really confused. As quoted we were told that we definately could not buy OBC if we booked using a TA in the US. Now we have another email from Celebrity regarding an Amenity order for OBC ordered on 16th Jan. CC still not charged. Now they are listing OBC ordered on 10th Feb also. Nope, did not order anything on that date and it is for a different amount to the original order. Tried calling Celebrity here in the UK but they were very disinterested, basically told me if I book outside of the UK, tough. Does anyone know if it is possible to cancel should the OBC be charged to the cc at some point and we do not get the exchange rate we expected.

Hi, we ordered wine through gifts for the cabin on 27th Jan, when the charge didn't show on my c/c after a week I phoned celebrity UK and was told not to worry give it another week and phone back if there are still problems and he would re book the wine, so day 10 I received an email stating the White wine was ordered no mention of the red which was on the same order? The payment for the White wine only showed 12 days after ordered. So it looks as if I am not getting the red I will leave it another week and phone celebrity and reorder it's so strange.

Your payment still might show! Could your TA help?

Now I'm really confused. As quoted we were told that we definately could not buy OBC if we booked using a TA in the US. Now we have another email from Celebrity regarding an Amenity order for OBC ordered on 16th Jan. CC still not charged. Now they are listing OBC ordered on 10th Feb also. Nope, did not order anything on that date and it is for a different amount to the original order. Tried calling Celebrity here in the UK but they were very disinterested, basically told me if I book outside of the UK, tough. Does anyone know if it is possible to cancel should the OBC be charged to the cc at some point and we do not get the exchange rate we expected.

This just gets more weird. CC charged today at 1.54 (1.67 when ordered) but it gets better. We have been charged by Celebrity, Paris, France!! I called Celebrity in the US and they have no explanation of what's going on. I wish I had never bothered now.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

This just gets more weird. CC charged today at 1.54 (1.67 when ordered) but it gets better. We have been charged by Celebrity, Paris, France!! I called Celebrity in the US and they have no explanation of what's going on. I wish I had never bothered now.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Our credit card statement arrived yesterday so I just had a look at it. Our OBC is also showing as "Celebrity Cruises G, 75008 Paris". We made the final payment for our next cruise at a similar time. That is shown on our current account statement as "Celebrity Cruises CD 312".

It may be a tax thing - like Amazon debits showing as Luxembourg. But it looks as though your OBC may have been through the UK but at the wrong rate?

Edited by Project_gal

Our credit card statement arrived yesterday so I just had a look at it. Our OBC is also showing as "Celebrity Cruises G, 75008 Paris". We made the final payment for our next cruise at a similar time. That is shown on our current account statement as "Celebrity Cruises CD 312".

It may be a tax thing - like Amazon debits showing as Luxembourg. But it looks as though your OBC may have been through the UK but at the wrong rate?

My purchase of OBC $900 earlier this week is showing as "Celebrity Liberia " on my Credit Card.

Our credit card statement arrived yesterday so I just had a look at it. Our OBC is also showing as "Celebrity Cruises G, 75008 Paris".

This has happened before, but I had forgotten about it.

Mine too, says Celebrity Cruises G--- 75008 Paris FR.

Hi all

I have tried online, both through my account and sans account, and have yet to see any activity (been about a week). Can anyone who has bought OBC over the phone from Oz let me know which contact number you used (i.e. the US offices or Oz office).

Cheers

Carl

Disregard, think I have it sorted!!

OK, finally got a reply from Celebrity on our OBC we tried to book online, took two weeks. In the meantime we ordered some on the phone (used the Oz number, got someone in the US, and our CC receipt was Miami - not Paris as some have experienced).

They were nice enough to query the duplicate order when they finally got round to the online order, and we cancelled the original online request.

Just seems that the online process is very poor - Recommendation: ring and order!

I am trying to purchase OBC without ANY success, so maybe I have it wrong.

I rang Celebrity in Australia, they told me that what I was wanting to do could be done, but as my booking was thru an agent in US, they had no record of my reservation. I was informed that I would have to call my agent in the States.

Due to her undergoing a major operation, I was unable to speak with her directly, so I called the agency. They told me that it could not be done. I then called Celebrity in the US and they told me that it could not be done either. I would be charged the correct exchange rate at the time of the payment going thru Celebrity's accounts.

Sounds like I am not going to be able to take advantage of the $ for $ opportunity that others here have been able to receive. Am I asking for something that no longer exists, never existed (in some eyes) or just not got the right person who understands/wants to assist.

I'm very confused???? Anyone from OZ that has a similar scenario and can relate???

Edited by lara h
sp

I rang Celebrity in Australia, they told me that what I was wanting to do could be done, but as my booking was thru an agent in US, they had no record of my reservation. I was informed that I would have to call my agent in the States.

Due to her undergoing a major operation, I was unable to speak with her directly, so I called the agency. They told me that it could not be done. I then called Celebrity in the US and they told me that it could not be done either. I would be charged the correct exchange rate at the time of the payment going thru Celebrity's accounts.

Purchases for bookings are always made in the booking currency.

So as your booking is in USD, OBC purchase is also possible, but only in USD. You can't buy it in AUD (at any time) and have them convert it.

Sounds like I am not going to be able to take advantage of the $ for $ opportunity that others here have been able to receive. Am I asking for something that no longer exists, never existed (in some eyes) or just not got the right person who understands/wants to assist.

I'm very confused???? Anyone from OZ that has a similar scenario and can relate???

As others have stated, the $AUD for $USD deal is off, but even when it was on, US bookings could not take advantage of it. I couldn't for one of my bookings but could on several others.

Edited by MicCanberra

Having read this, I have just checked the UK site and Celebrity are still selling US$25 for £14.90 [=£1=US1.6778] which is the same great rate being used for sometime now. So, we are not getting such a good deal as Australia but we are being offered it for longer. Anyone know the current situation in Canada and Euro Zone?