Why bother with EZAir for flights?

DonRobertoSanJuan

Perhaps someone knows the answer to my question. I booked EZ Air to London on United for an upcoming cruise for a great price. With a United Explorer card you get free baggage and priority boarding. Since I am paying through Princess and not on the United site, will I still get the above perks?

Perhaps someone knows the answer to my question. I booked EZ Air to London on United for an upcoming cruise for a great price. With a United Explorer card you get free baggage and priority boarding. Since I am paying through Princess and not on the United site, will I still get the above perks?

My experience is that you won't get the same benefits. However, since it is an international flight, you will likely get one free checked bag each anyway

We have the Delta AMEX and have used EZ air twice with bookings through Delta ...one domestic and one TA and did not have to pay baggage fees. Both within the last year.

Lew;

I experienced the same thing in booking my one way T/A flights. I always have used consolidators but for my last two flights (Virgin & B/A) from LAX to LHR eZAir was $$$$ cheaper than several different consolidators. Especially last year's flight that was about 2.5k less:eek:. I would have loved to take advantage of it had I not already purchased the consolidator tickets.....:):):)

Bob

Question: if it doesn't break CC rules....................what are consolidator tickets??

Not sure if it's the same thing, but we use our Delta Gold Amex when we check in and get the "first bag free", even if we book through someone else.

Why use EZ Air? Because my recent bus. class purchase saved me $1,200 for just ONE ticket. I got the flights I wanted with the type of flat beds I wanted too, so for me, it was well worth it and I really shop around!

I used EZ Air for 2 reasons:

1. The fare was less than the airlines web site.

2. Like others have said you have protection in case their are any problems. Remember that will make arrangements if needed.

The times that I have used EZ Air I had no problems picking out my seats & I was able to go to their web site & make any changes that I wanted. All I had to do was to use the conformation number with the airlines.

So my question is if you can save $, pick the seats you want, & have the extra protection why would you not use EZ Air?

Tom😀

I'm pretty impressed with EZAir. I have managed the cruise booking for my in-laws vacation with us. My immediate family is driving to the port, but I needed to fly in my in-laws. They needed to fly from SDF (Louisville) to YVR (Vancouver, BC) and I knew that I couldn't be the one picking them up at the Vancouver airport and getting them to the port when I had my own family to do the same for. When I booked their EZAir I was impressed with how low cost an International flight was in to a Canadian airport. The arrival and departure taxes at Canadian airports are very high compared to U.S. Airports, so it is often times quite expensive flying into and out of Canada. They are first-time cruisers and getting a little up there in age and I wanted flights and connections that were managed by Princess such that if something happened Princess would back them up and help get them to the ship without it costing an arm and a leg to do so. Everything I have read says that EZAir is a really great way to get to the port and is generally very competitive in price compared to booking flight on your own. In my experience these flights from SDF to YVR were less expensive by at least $100 person compared to if I had purchased them on my own.

Yes for the priority boarding.

International travel on UA allows one free suitcase per person, so charging the flight to the Explorer card is not needed to get that.

• 1 month later...

Our flight that we booked thru ez air was changed from departing at 10:45 am to 8:10 am. Since it's an international flight and we need to be at the airport 3hrs ahead of time, we paid extra to leave at the later time. If we wanted to leave at 8:10 we would have booked it originally and paid $147.00 less. We understand that airlines can change their flights and that Princess has no control over this, but since we paid Princess an additional fee for the later departure I would have expected them to compensate us for this. An onboard credit would have been nice.

Our flight that we booked thru ez air was changed from departing at 10:45 am to 8:10 am. Since it's an international flight and we need to be at the airport 3hrs ahead of time, we paid extra to leave at the later time. If we wanted to leave at 8:10 we would have booked it originally and paid $147.00 less. We understand that airlines can change their flights and that Princess has no control over this, but since we paid Princess an additional fee for the later departure I would have expected them to compensate us for this. An onboard credit would have been nice.

Have you directly contacted the airline about a later flight?

Whenever an airline changes my flight, I check their website for alternate flights (including any with routing changes) and when talking to them they've always changed it to a more suitable flight closer to our original flight. Since it was their flight change that resulted in less desirable flights, they've never charged any fees & happily provided a better flight.

Since it was a result of a change by the airline, Princess isn't responsible for the change nor for lowering the price to the original lower price for the the earlier flight. While it would be nice to compensate you that's highly unlikely because they had nothing to do with the change. They get cheaper consolidator airfares that change often so that's a gamble we take. The only type of compensation you may get is if the airline puts you on a later flight without any change fees.

If you have Flexible EZair you might be able to change to the earlier flight if it's still cheaper. I've refared my Flexible EZair flights numerous times but since hitting the low point the current airfare is 50% more than we're paying. I know of no other source that allows passengers to refare flights like with Flexible EZair & their cheaper airfares many times are my best option.

Edited by Astro Flyer