Balcony that sleeps four

RCKM43

I see on a past post something that I wanted to clarify. Rooms that have pullman and couch (sleep four). I noticed someone mentioned some of the couches have trundles. Do rooms with the pullman have couches with trundles? Is there a way to tell if the couch has a trundle? We are sailing on the reflection. I was thinking if there was a trundle I might use that instead of the pullman.

I hope this works...this was one picture I found on here.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-1-RO7Fa701g/TaJgfa4ou-I/AAAAAAAAINg/A05BvaGzSls/s512/IMG_1145.JPG

Edited by RCKM43

I see on a past post something that I wanted to clarify. Rooms that have pullman and couch (sleep four). I noticed someone mentioned some of the couches have trundles. Do rooms with the pullman have couches with trundles? Is there a way to tell if the couch has a trundle? We are sailing on the reflection. I was thinking if there was a trundle I might use that instead of the pullman.

I hope this works...this was one picture I found on here.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-1-RO7Fa701g/TaJgfa4ou-I/AAAAAAAAINg/A05BvaGzSls/s512/IMG_1145.JPG

Just look at the deck plans for Reflection. Pick a stateroom that has a triangle and a square = upper berth, and fold out sofa bed. Contact Celebrity or your travel agent -- they will find one for you.

Just look at the deck plans for Reflection. Pick a stateroom that has a triangle and a square = upper berth, and fold out sofa bed. Contact Celebrity or your travel agent -- they will find one for you.

I'm sorry. We already have a cabin. We booked a while back. It sleeps 4. Pullman and couch. Not worried about space as we have family with a connecting room. So we are spreading out. My question is only about sleeping. I assumed it was an arrangement such as this photo...

ImageUploadedByForums1422224979.519627.jpg.03e3094948dcfeb245be39f2282e0160.jpg

I was looking at pictures because my children wanted to see the pullman. In the process I was reading another thread someone mentioned many of the couches have a trundle. I saw the picture I posted at the top that shows the pullman, couch made up and the trundle. I was wondering if all the couches have the trundle option or is it a random thing. Our cabin has a pullman and a couch. My kids are small, I was thinking if they don't like the pullman the trundle might work. But not sure we will even have a trundle.

Most balconies can sleep 4....:eek: - very close together on some.

I know. We will be fine. We are traveling with small kids, and family in a connecting room who are graciously allowing us to spread out into their cabin. So really it is only for sleeping. We are never in our cabin anyway.

We had a 1A with an upper berth last year on Equinox - the sofa did not have a trundle, so our then 6 year old was on the upper berth, with our then 3 year old on the sofa. I have also wondered how to tell if a trundle is in a room from the deck plans, but it remains a mystery. The upper berth and sofa worked great for us! Have a wonderful cruise :D

I know. We will be fine. We are traveling with small kids, and family in a connecting room who are graciously allowing us to spread out into their cabin. So really it is only for sleeping. We are never in our cabin anyway.

LOL - I meant the actual Balcony... :D

Yes you should be fine, having a balcony with small children allows the adults somewhere to go when nap/night-time comes.

Have a wonderful cruise!

I don't think any have a trundle. I believe the drawer under the couch holds a mattress topper that goes on the couch. But I suspect some with small children have chosen to leave the mattress in the drawer instead of using the upper. But that would limit use of the balcony after children have gone to bed, and the person on the couch would have difficulty getting out of bed to use the bathroom. EM

Thank you. When it was booked we did not expect a trundle, only the pullman and a couch. Just saw it an wondered if it would be an option. They are small but at 5 and 7 not napping small. I expect we will spend most of the time at the pool or in the fun factory. With the grandparents next door we can spread out. I expect we will be just fine. We have all been in one room before. I am hoping we will only be there mainly to change, shower and sleep. But grandma is nervous about the 7 year old on the pullman so I thought maybe if there was a trundle we might consider if. If not we will make due just fine!

That's what I thought, too, but the first photo that the OP showed looked like there was already a mattress in the "trundle". Plus, there is one on the sofa.

I agree I saw more than one picture in searches. A thread on here a while back mentions some have a trundle. It could very well be a drawer, but the thread mentions a trundle

See post two shows the couch with trundle. Same as the first picture, just shown without a pullman.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2127767

Edited by RCKM43

If it has a square on the cabin on the deck plan, it has the couch and a pull out drawer (S class 1A cabins definitely have this). On the other hand, if it has a square and a triangle, it has the upper birth too (like your original photo).

The above photo in post #12 shows the drawer type, without the upper birth;). It's not a double because the drawer is obviously lower than the seat ;). We had this type on Solstice, a 1A cabin off the side of the hump with the larger balcony (a square only on the deck plan).

We did quad share on Sosltice last October and research showed that Concierge cabins had the couch/trundle option only (ie no Pullman) ..the Pullmans were available in 1A thru 2C grade verandas. Didn't realise though that some with a Pullman ALSO had a trundle...so that would sleep up to 5 in a cabin?? Don't think they sell it that way (four was more than enough lol!!) but yes you might get the option to use either setup based on your preference.

Please be warned the sofa bed is quite firm, the trundle even more so. Our kids used them but they jumped into our bed any chance they could because it was so much more comfy!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We just got back from the Eclipse - the trundle held the mattress for the couch. We pulled it out and remained out for the length of the cruise. The drawer had a pad within it that was firm but probably very functional for a young child. (unfortunately not enough space for storage). My daughters used the bunk and the couch and it worked well. I think the trundle would certainly utilize ALL the floor space. It ended up being a bit of wasted space - I sure could have used the entire drawer (trundle) for storage.

We just got back from the Eclipse - the trundle held the mattress for the couch. We pulled it out and remained out for the length of the cruise. The drawer had a pad within it that was firm but probably very functional for a young child. (unfortunately not enough space for storage). My daughters used the bunk and the couch and it worked well. I think the trundle would certainly utilize ALL the floor space. It ended up being a bit of wasted space - I sure could have used the entire drawer (trundle) for storage.

Thank you for that explanation about what is in the trundle.:) So, you just kept the bed made-up on the couch all week? Could you sit on it that way?

Would the remaining room in the trundle possible hold anything...like shoes or flat clothing in single layers?

Thank you for that explanation about what is in the trundle.:) So, you just kept the bed made-up on the couch all week? Could you sit on it that way?

Would the remaining room in the trundle possible hold anything...like shoes or flat clothing in single layers?

The trundle mattress sits on top of a piece of plywood or similar, there is no storage in there that I'm aware of. You are better off making use of the overhead cupboards over the main bed.

The sofa 'bed' was made up in the morning and turned down at night and if we had to we just sat on it like sitting on then bed. It was done and didn't mess up too much!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you. I just thought there may be a little room in the drawer since the sofabed mattress was taken out and left out. Perhaps the drawer is used for overbedding during the day. 3 adults will be sharing the stateroom, so we can use as much storage as we can get. I've stayed in these staterooms many times (and know of the overhead storage), but always with only 2 persons.

Just got off the Solstice. We have a total of 4 rooms. Rooms with square and triangle have pullman, couch with trundle. We had 2 of those. The other 2 rooms just have a couch with no trundle nor pullman. My family of 4 slept in 1 room, my 2 kids are 4 and 7, they took turns with the couch and the trundle. We did not use the pullman at all.

We had one interconnecting room, but 3 connected via the balcony. We actually found it easier to walk through the balcony to get to the other rooms.

Just got off the Solstice. We have a total of 4 rooms. Rooms with square and triangle have pullman, couch with trundle. We had 2 of those. The other 2 rooms just have a couch with no trundle nor pullman. My family of 4 slept in 1 room, my 2 kids are 4 and 7, they took turns with the couch and the trundle. We did not use the pullman at all.

We had one interconnecting room, but 3 connected via the balcony. We actually found it easier to walk through the balcony to get to the other rooms.

Thank you. My kids are 7 and 5 and the room has a triangle and square. I will have to wait until I get on board but that would be great if it works for our cabin.

Did you ask to have the trundle made up? Or how did you know it was there?

Couch with trundle has a handle sticking out. From memory, the 2 person room with couch only had no handles.

I asked my cabin attendant to setup the trundle as my official booking of that room is for 3 person only. I had 4 rooms in total, our sleeping arrangement differ to the official bookings. Bookings were for 3,2,3,2, but we ended up being 4,2,2,2. The 3,2,3 (4,2,2) were cabins in a row with the same attendants, so they were fine with us changing things around, plus a tip at the beginning helped.