Did anyone like legally blonde?

Mr and Mrs C

Recently cruised the getaway and had an amazing trip with a group of 19 friends and family.

We enjoyed all the getaway had to offer with the exception of legally blonde. Curious to know if some enjoyed it? Out of the 19 of us only 1 liked it and that's because she is a musician in a legally blonde back home.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Of all the shows on the Getaway, Legally Blond is the only one I did not like. We arrived about 10 minutes before showtime and had to sit off to the side. The sound was horrible. Could not understand a word they were saying. The speakers just did not carry to the sides of the theater. Also, some of the action was obscured by the scenery - not a pleasant experience.

I did not care for it. I really think they could have done better.

If I had actually bought tickets, I would have killed my wife for dragging me to a show this bad .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's pretty much what all our spouses thought!

There was a lot of screaming "oh my god, oh my god you guys"

Imagine a group of vapid young women screeching "OH MY GAWD YOU GUYS!" at each other ad nauseum, and you'd have a fairly accurate image of the train wreck that is Legally Blonde the Musical. Perhaps some consider that enjoyable, but I walked out after 30 minutes. A few days later, I decided to give it another chance and stayed till the end. Someone mentioned that the show got better towards the middle and end. IMHO, it did not.

Edited by barnacle_boy

We were a group of 6 and left 20 minutes into the show. It was embarrassing to even watch. What was funny is that when we left there was a mass exodus behind us. Looked like the show was over but it was everyone fleeing.

I went to the theatre the first night onboard the Jan 10th cruise when they gave you a sample of the upcoming entertainment. I knew just from listening to one of the production numbers from Legally Blonde that I would not be interested. I like musicals but the sound system is SO bad on the Getaway. The singers all end up sounding shrieky and my ears actually hurt. In addition to the extreme amplification of the sound, I couldn't really understand the lyrics due to the sound system.

It wasn't good on Broadway so how good could it be on the ship? I saw it last week on GETAWAY and I really appreciated the production value which was excellent and the performer's talent, but this movie just did not translate well to a Broadway show.

Now Burn the Floor … how excellent was that!!!?? Loved it!

I still enjoyed Legally Blonde, but only because I'm a sucker for Broadway musicals even if it's not a good one.

We just saw it and really enjoyed it. We also had second row seats, so we didn't have any of the sound issues that people seemed to have here. We had seen the real broadway show, and felt they transferred it very well to the ship. This was an abridged version, so they cut some songs and characters; I imagine it may have been a bit hard to follow if you didn't know the story.

We liked it much better than BMG on the Epic last year.

For a free cruise ship production, I'll give it and ok. I would not go see it a second time though. Like others said, the sound was not good (I am deaf and using hearing aids though). Now...Burn the Floor. Although super percussion loud, the skill of the dancers and performers made it great.

I enjoyed the show. It was a quality production.

My biggest problem with it was simply that it was way too long a show for those hideously uncomfortable theater seats on the Getaway. If there was an intermission where people could get up and stretch, I think it would have been much better. Most of the second half of that show people (myself included) were fidgeting in their seats trying to be comfortable. Those seats are just not made for long shows over an hour and a half. Of all the ships in the fleet I have been on, the theater seats on Getaway are the worst as far as comfort over a long time period. Shorter shows... no problem.

The show itself was good... sitting there was uncomfortable after 45 minutes...

We all enjoyed the show - thought it was cute. Went to the later evening performance and sat in middle near the back. Sound was fine, clear and not too loud.

Seats were ok for me, not so comfortable for dh Larry or our friend. I have short legs and longer body, maybe that made the difference?

I haven't seen the one on the Getaway, so I can't speak of the production problems some people seem to have had, but I LOVE Legally Blonde: The Musical! haha

I have the soundtrack, know all the songs by heart, etc. I had actually booked the Getaway JUST to see that show...but got bumped to the Escape (yeah, I'm not complaining lol). I still fully intend to book a trip on the Getaway for my next cruise, just to see Legally Blonde! It might be "silly", but that's what makes it so fun! It's MEANT to be taken as such. I mean, seriously...how can anyone listen to the songs and not get that it's supposed to be silly?