No HAL Ships in Boston Now........

sail7seas

MEMA (Massachusetts Emergency Agency) is warning we are to be blasted with an historic snow storm. There will be hurricane force winds and possibly as much as 24 - 36" of snow.

My reason for this thread is in response to recent comments about sailing from Boston or NYC in the winter. We were musing about sailing to Bermuda and Caribbean.

Good thing there will be no HAL ships tied up at the cruise terminal during this storm. It is expected in our area about mid afternoon and to snow through Tuesday.

Wish us luck. :eek:

Oh boy. I do wish you luck! One of my friends lives in Long Island, NY. She said they are supposed to get hammered too. I had no idea it would hit Boston too. Coming from the snow belt I know how much a pain this is. That said, we rarely get a dump that large.

MEMA (Massachusetts Emergency Agency) is warning we are to be blasted with an historic snow storm. There will be hurricane force winds and possibly as much as 24 - 36" of snow.

My reason for this thread is in response to recent comments about sailing from Boston or NYC in the winter. We were musing about sailing to Bermuda and Caribbean.

Good thing there will be no HAL ships tied up at the cruise terminal during this storm. It is expected in our area about mid afternoon and to snow through Tuesday.

Wish us luck. :eek:

Stay safe up there S7S, All the best!

Here, just outside Philadelphia, it is time for a good book, hot chocolate and a rocking chair by the fireplace! After losing power for a week last year, we installed an emergency generator. (about the price of a cruise). We will be thinking of you all.:)

Good luck to everyone in the storm's path. Hopefully you've got yourselves all stocked up with emergency supplies in case the power goes out; we don't want anyone running out of food or freezing!

Ruth - do you have enough kitty food for that new little furball?

Smooth Sailing ! :) :) :)

The NWS has changed its accumulation forecast from 20-30 inches down to 18-24 inches for Connecticut.

Then Connecticut must be sending it east, as the last I heard, Rhode Island has increased the forecast to 2-3'. :eek:

Then Connecticut must be sending it east, as the last I heard, Rhode Island has increased the forecast to 2-3'. :eek:

We now have a full blown blizzard warning. uggher. Stay safe all.