Brochures, brochures, brochures!

jklc123

I just received an e-mail from Uniworld, asking if we'd like electronic or mailed brochures for the next season. Something I wish Regent, Oceania and Viking would consider. And Uniworld sends very few brochures anyway, unless requested. Sure would save a lot of trees!

• 2 weeks later...

Ted - well said;)

Actually, there is another side of the coin. While we rarely receive Regent mailings, I miss having the semi-annual comprehensive brochures that I frequently used for reference. I saved them for at least a year. There ended being many dog-eared pages -- cruises that we were comparing or had some interest in. It was also very useful to look back at the prices - before and after the quarterly price increases. Of course, even after so many Regent cruises, we still were constantly referring to the deck plans on the different ships.

Without these booklets, I find myself printing pages and pages of information off of the internet as it is sometimes easier than going back and forth from one screen to another and trying to remember what we had just read. The pages of information I print generally are not saved for very long and end up in the recycle bin. So, if I had a choice, I'd receive only the large brochures (not even sure if they print them anymore). In terms of "specials", our preference remains to receive them by email.

Edited by Travelcat2

some kind of opt-in/out to send the comprehensive catalogs (as Travelcat likes...and we do too) and forgo the smaller, specific cruise-oriented brochures. I expect the latter is largely effective in attracting first-timers to Regent. I can't recall when we last paid any attention to them since by the time they arrive, we've long-since perused the on-line information and made our cruising decisions.

Edited by Portolan

• 4 weeks later...

We just got off Voyager last week. We even got brochures in our suite! Half the Passages were full of advertising future cruises. I bought the cruise, paid my money, now let the experience I'm having sell me on another Regent cruise!

I've said this before, will say it again, I can't get a damn brochure to save my life! I have called, requested online, and I never get one. I like Travelcat would like the big one to reference. We are gold, almost platinum and its like we don't exist when it comes to getting anything from Regent. We are signed up for online emails and maybe we get one or two a year.

:)

The big brochure atlas for 2015/2016 arrived in the mail here in the UK on Monday. Possibly could your brochure be en route?'

Do the travel agents also supply them in the US? Over here they have them to take home if required.

Jean.

The big brochure atlas for 2015/2016 arrived in the mail here in the UK on Monday. Possibly could your brochure be en route?'

Do the travel agents also supply them in the US? Over here they have them to take home if required.

Jean.

Usually they are mailed by Regent. A lot of use TA's that are in different parts of the U.S. and Canada so we aren't able to stop by their offices like we did in the old days (do miss those days:-)

Thanks for the heads up:)

I've said this before, will say it again, I can't get a damn brochure to save my life! I have called, requested online, and I never get one. I like Travelcat would like the big one to reference. We are gold, almost platinum and its like we don't exist when it comes to getting anything from Regent. We are signed up for online emails and maybe we get one or two a year.

:)

If you send me your address, I will send you some of ours. We have to recycle paper every two weeks and I did it this past weekend. In a two week period, we had 11 brochures between Regent and Oceania.

gnomie. :)

PS - I am not kidding, I will be more than happy to send you some of our catalogs, we have two addresses and get doubles of everything

Interesting, maybe it's because of our TA's.

I get dozens of brochures even though I tried to opt out! Viking (only did 2 cruises) is the most frequent. I get snail mail from Oceania and both hard copy and electronic from Regent. I have a big recycle bin so no big problem for me but I would like Regent to save on unwelcome mailings and perhaps offer welcome fare reductions.

My experience is that Regent do not provide TA's with brochures in the UK. They have to specifically request them. There are as rare as hens' teeth. I call in a variety of TA's in Nottingham city centre, none have ever had a Regent brochure and few, if any, have ever booked a customer with Regent. My regular, local TA now does keep an office copy only because they have a handful of customers who do use Regent.

As soon as you reserve a cruise Regent do supply them directly to you, update as & when etc, but up until that point it was borderline impossible to get a brochure at all!

The bonus now is that I have just booked on Explorer for Sept 16 - having reviewed the new, but somewhat flawed, inaugural season brochure. Taking a gamble as our first Regent experience will be on Mariner in about 6 weeks time.

Hi Pies4u, only one travel agency, the one we have gone to for years has the books in our area.They have had Regent visit the agency in the past and also have ships visits when the Voyager has been in port.

That's wonderful you have booked for Explorer next year. I am sure you will really enjoy the Mariner. It's a fabulous ship, and excellent staff and service. We have had 2 fabulous cruises on Mariner and are booked for June 21st. Venice to Barcelona.

Have a wonderful cruise.

Jean.

I just checked the latest round of catalogs (since disposing of the recycling this past weekend, we have since received four more catalogs). The Oceania catalogs just have our address, but the Regent catalogs mention our TA and have her name and phone number near the mailing address.

I wonder if the TA has any say into whether or not catalogs and/or brochures are sent out?

My Mom lives in an upscale age restricted condo and I sometimes watch the mailman sort out the mail - the number of Regent and Oceania catalogs that get delivered is mind boggling. I seriously wonder what the advertising budget is and if cruise costs could be lowered by just reducing the number of mailings.

We rarely look at the small brochures - we like the larger catalogs that allow us to look and review all our options.

gnomie :)

If you send me your address, I will send you some of ours. We have to recycle paper every two weeks and I did it this past weekend. In a two week period, we had 11 brochures between Regent and Oceania.

gnomie. :)

PS - I am not kidding, I will be more than happy to send you some of our catalogs, we have two addresses and get doubles of everything

I think they LIKE you A LOT!~ Perhaps for your birthday they will send a card with a fat OBC included!