Too late to print luggage tags....

I did my online check in, but it says because it's 10 days before sailing, I cannot print luggage tags.

Does anyone know if the sample luggage tag on your set sail pass can be printed a bunch of times and put in a plastic holder and used as a luggage tag? Or do I truly have to get one from a porter. It does say these aren't luggage tags so I'm assuming I have to get them from the porter - but I'd like to save the time and wondering if this worked for anyone. I did my online check-in awhile ago and had no idea I wouldn't have access to print the tags. Crazy.

Thanks.

You should be able to print them on your printer. You just aren't able to order them from RCCL to be sent to you. You can get them from the porter and it's not a big deal. I wasn't able to print mine recently because they were the wrong cabin number. I got mine from the porter and just filled them out there. No biggy.

You should be able to print them on your printer. You just aren't able to order them from RCCL to be sent to you. You can get them from the porter and it's not a big deal. I wasn't able to print mine recently because they were the wrong cabin number. I got mine from the porter and just filled them out there. No biggy.

Nope - can't print them - it says "We regret that luggage tag mailers are no longer available because your sailing is within 10 days of today. You may secure your luggage tags from our porters once you arrive at the pier." Now I'm not sure if that meant they can't be mailed, but I'm not in a suite, so they wouldn't be mailed. There's no other spot to indicate there's tags I can print, except on the bottom of the set sail pass, where it indicates they're not actual luggage tags.

I'll just get them from the porters. I know it's usually chaos at the port, so I was trying to avoid that. I hate being unprepared! Even did the darn check-in early. Wonder why they don't let you print them right before you go? I'm packing now and now's when I need them. Not 40 days ago when I did online check-in. LOL!

Thank you :)

I am sailing on Sat. and just checked - I am able to still print luggage tags. It's in the "check in online" tab under all the check-in info.

Nope - not on mine. This is what it says on the online check-in page.

luggagetags_zps25b476db.jpg

Weird. Maybe has something to do with San Juan?

I'll get them from the porters - I just think it's strange that when you need them the most (few days before sailing when packing), they're not available.

Thanks everyone for your help!

Nope - not on mine. This is what it says on the online check-in page.

luggagetags_zps25b476db.jpg

Weird. Maybe has something to do with San Juan?

I'll get them from the porters - I just think it's strange that when you need them the most (few days before sailing when packing), they're not available.

Thanks everyone for your help!

It says luggage tag mailers (as in they will be mailed to you). Look in your cruise docs (towards the back) , as previously suggested, and you will find the luggage tags that can be printed. This is different from your Setsail pass.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by ARCruisinNana

I did my online check in, but it says because it's 10 days before sailing, I cannot print luggage tags.

Does anyone know if the sample luggage tag on your set sail pass can be printed a bunch of times and put in a plastic holder and used as a luggage tag? Or do I truly have to get one from a porter. It does say these aren't luggage tags so I'm assuming I have to get them from the porter - but I'd like to save the time and wondering if this worked for anyone. I did my online check-in awhile ago and had no idea I wouldn't have access to print the tags. Crazy.

Thanks.

Easy answer to your specific question - yes, that will work just fine!

It says luggage tag mailers (as in they will be mailed to you). Look in your cruise docs (towards the back) , as previously suggested, and you will find the luggage tags that can be printed. This is different from your Setsail pass.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They're not there. This is the only place, anywhere in my edocs, that mentions luggage tags. If I go into print set sail pass, on the last page there's a sample luggage tag that says this:

luggage2_zps7437178f.jpg

So yes, I know I can get them from the porters, but I was trying to avoid that as we're arriving with others and I didn't want to hold them up. That's all. It's obvious that others who are 3 days from sailing can print.

I guess I'm the only one who has an issue this close to sailing. I'm just continuing this conversation because I've looked everywhere in my edocs and everyone keeps telling me to look there and it's not there!! I'm not going crazy!! This shouldn't be this difficult for luggage tags. Yikes.

Lesson: print luggage tags as soon as you do online check-in! I never thought I'd have to print them when I did that 40 days ago.....

Thank you - I was just concerned because it doesn't state our name on it - just cabin number. Thank you :)

Even the "official" ones don't state your name on it. You can either write it in on each, or use a program to edit the pdf and add your name before you print.

I know it says "sample, not a real one" or words to that effect, but its identical to the "real" ones, so if you want to print multiple copies of that one, you'll be just fine.

Even the "official" ones don't state your name on it. You can either write it in on each, or use a program to edit the pdf and add your name before you print.

I know it says "sample, not a real one" or words to that effect, but its identical to the "real" ones, so if you want to print multiple copies of that one, you'll be just fine.

Awesome - that helps so much. It's been awhile since I've sailed Royal. I will do just that and stick them in my plastic holders. THANK YOU!!!! :)

They're not there. This is the only place, anywhere in my edocs, that mentions luggage tags. If I go into print set sail pass, on the last page there's a sample luggage tag that says this:

luggage2_zps7437178f.jpg

So yes, I know I can get them from the porters, but I was trying to avoid that as we're arriving with others and I didn't want to hold them up. That's all. It's obvious that others who are 3 days from sailing can print.

I guess I'm the only one who has an issue this close to sailing. I'm just continuing this conversation because I've looked everywhere in my edocs and everyone keeps telling me to look there and it's not there!! I'm not going crazy!! This shouldn't be this difficult for luggage tags. Yikes.

Lesson: print luggage tags as soon as you do online check-in! I never thought I'd have to print them when I did that 40 days ago.....

Sounds like you're dealing with a glitch. :(

Having gotten tags from a porter, though, I can almost guarantee you it doesn't slow things down. They somehow manage to write the tag info, slap the tags on, and put them on the carts in almost one move. It's wild. They are very good at their jobs.

• 1 month later...

About a week ago I moved to a balcony guarantee cabin and was assigned my cabin the same day. My luggage tags still show the old cabin when I try to re-print them. Will that ever be updated or should I go the porter-tag route?

I am a super obsessive Type-A planner and to show up at the port without the luggage tags already taped on, maybe even back up stapled, seems unholy to me.

Edited by twindaddy

About a week ago I moved to a balcony guarantee cabin and was assigned my cabin the same day. My luggage tags still show the old cabin when I try to re-print them. Will that ever be updated or should I go the porter-tag route?

I am a super obsessive Type-A planner and to show up at the port without the luggage tags already taped on, maybe even back up stapled, seems unholy to me.

You can request new documents thru your TA or RCI (whichever you booked with). Your new cabin number will be in the documents and on the new luggage tags.

Your edoc luggage tags won't automatically update. As stated, you can call and request that they be re-issued or just get them from a porter. :)

You probably already know that you need to re-print your setsail pass.

Edited by Coralc

Thanks.

OH. :rolleyes: I was going to provide this link:

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/edocs/displayBookingSelection.do;jsessionid=0000xJWGGm2-W05Xq4O9wvMJoib:12hdhu93n

As another way to access your edocs.....but I see that your post is from January 28th, and you have already left and returned. I hope you had a nice cruise. :D

I don't know how to take a picture of the screen; but on my Online Check-in page, where I print my Set Sail Passes, at the bottom is a spot for printing my luggage tags. You don't see this? It's in a light blue box, at the bottom.

"Luggage Tags

Royal Caribbean's ship luggage tag program provides you with personalized luggage tags before leaving home. Print Paper Luggage Tags"

If I click on the Print Paper Luggage Tags "button" a pdf file opens with my tags. I have no option to mail tags to my home either, and my sailing is farther out from yours.

I don't know how to take a picture of the screen; but on my Online Check-in page, where I print my Set Sail Passes, at the bottom is a spot for printing my luggage tags. You don't see this? It's in a light blue box, at the bottom.

"Luggage Tags

Royal Caribbean's ship luggage tag program provides you with personalized luggage tags before leaving home. Print Paper Luggage Tags"

If I click on the Print Paper Luggage Tags "button" a pdf file opens with my tags. I have no option to mail tags to my home either, and my sailing is farther out from yours.

They will mail luggage tags to you, by request, if you are Pinnacle or staying in a GS or higher.

they have people in line assisting you when you check in the luggage line. They all have luggate tags in their pockets....I have never had a problem...
Ok I'll use this example. Our local TA supplies a bus from the agency to the port. All luggage is is loaded into the compartment on the bus. The TA includes the tip for the driver & porter so when we arrive at the port you proceed to the check in while the driver unloads luggage from the bus and gives it to porters. Believe me it would be extremely inconvenient to hang around while the luggage is unloaded, find yours among 100+ suitcases, get a porter to make tags ,etc.