Would we have noise issues close to elevator?

DonRobertoSanJuan

We had that location on the Coral Princess. No noise at all...unless you have noisy people. But that can happen in any hallway and you can't control that. I wouldn't hesitate to choose that location again as it was very convenient.

We are looking at Coral Princess with some cabins being right in the elevator area Would there be noise issues with that location on deck 11?

I would pay more attention to what is above and below your cabin. I haven't really heard any complaints about elevator noises, but definitely complaints when unknowing passengers book staterooms below or above buffet area or bar areas with loud live bands! I have never had a problem with where on a deck I am, but definitely just book on a deck that just has staterooms above and below me.

Have a great cruise.

Pooh

Our deck of choice is the Caribe for the larger balconies and no public areas above or below it. Just got our cabin assignment 2 days ago and they put us in a wheelchair accessible room that is right across from the elevators. The room is 50% larger so I wanted to keep it but was concerned about being next to the elevators since most of society today doesn't know how to be quiet where quiet is appreicated. Everyone that responded to my concern said they have had no problems with noise near the elevators.

My experience has been when staying across from the elevator lobby is that you may hear the bells once and awhile and some talking but nothing that is disruptive or unbearable. I find the door slams more annoying then those chatting out in the hallway and you get those no matter where you are staying on the ship.

My experience has been when staying across from the elevator lobby is that you may hear the bells once and awhile and some talking but nothing that is disruptive or unbearable. I find the door slams more annoying then those chatting out in the hallway and you get those no matter where you are staying on the ship.

Door slamming! One of my pet peeves. Shakes walls all the way down the corridor. :mad:

But thats another thread.

I agree about door slammers! On our last cruise we had a balcony and we found that our balcony neighbors had 4 kids in 2 inside cabins across from them and across from us. Those kids were in and out of their rooms and their parents rooms constantly. And, they never just closed a door, they slammed it. Even late at night.

Due to some mobility issues I try to be close to the lifts and have never experienced any noise problems, as said elsewhere pay more attention to what is above or below you and watch out for doors into white areas they can be a bit noisy with crew coming and going at all hours and not taking care closing doors

We weren't even that close to the elevator on a 2009 cruise from Copenhagen and because it was July, there were a lot of teens or 20 something's that hung out in the hall near the elevators who were very loud. There were also several couples who had the aft suites, but their children were in the cabins down the hall next to us. The kids who were very young were left unsupervised most of the time. For that reason, we have avoided being anywhere near the elevators and do not do summer cruises if we have a choice.