Medical form

Mikkar

Has anyone answered yes to one of the questions on the medical form? I think one of the questions is if you've had a cough in the last 7 day and both my DH and I are getting over a cold that we've had for a week. We leave tomorrow and I'm a little concerned about them letting us on. Does anyone know what the procedure is if you answer yes to one of the questions?

The question asks if you had a cough AND accompanying fever. My BFs DS was just getting over a cough when we took him and I was concerned about the form as well. I read it very carefully and felt I answered honestly, as he had not had a fever. He was clearly coughing a bit while we were in line to check in. Nobody said anything.

Maybe there are different forms in use, but the one I have from last December says "Do you or any person listed above have a fever plus any ONE of the following symptoms: Cough, Runny Nose, or Sore Throat?"

It doesn't say within the past 7 days. If you don't have a fever when you check-in, you can honestly answer "no" to this question.

If you answer yes, "you will be assessed free of charge by a member of our shipboard medical staff. You will be allowed to travel, unless you are suspected to have an illness of international public health concern."

I was filling out an FAA flight physical form once. It asked did I feel anxiety. I checked yes. The flight surgeon asked me why I checked yes. I said, "well, I feel anxiety sometimes". He said, so what, we all do sometimes, including him. He said uncheck it. That's not what it meant and it would just cause a bunch of needless issues with the FAA. Worked for me. And....we all have allergy or sinus coughs at sometime during every week probably. Unless you feel you are ill or contagious, check no. Don't create a bunch of needless issues. My opinion.