Morning Coffee

springfire

I would get there are a lot if people who have no idea what Tim Horton is. We live near Buffalo and we have a Tim Horton on every corner! BTY I don't like Tim Horton, I am a Dunkin kind of girl.

Marion

I begin almost everyday with a Dunkin Donut Coffee. Hopefully I can find something similar when I cruise.

If you have a drink package, Cafe Al Bacio is your best bet (IMHO).

If not, try the Aqua Spa cafe. Not sure why but the coffee always tasted better there than any other free coffee on board.

Just to set expectations, now that so many have the drink packages, it can/may be difficult to get a seat at Cafe Baccio....especially if it's cold or wet outside when folks are looking for places to sit and read. Even on our Infinity TA this past fall, it was difficult to find a table when the weather was cool or rainy outside...and since it was a TA, no one had packages...they just sat and read or whatever.

We will be taking our first cruise on Celebrity this year, I was curious to know how the coffee is. We have found the quality of the coffee to be really bad on our last few cruises. On Princess the free coffee is terrible, but if you buy a coffee card you can find decent coffee. On Royal, coffee was still bad but not as bad as the free coffee on Princess. We ended up paying for our coffee at Starbucks in the morning. I was curious to know how my fellow coffee drinkers handle their coffee fix in the morning on Celebrity? Is the coffee any better?

In my opinion, the Lavazza coffee available in the Oceanview Cafe (and I assume in the main dining room) is much better than what was offered in the past. However, opinions on the quality of coffee often vary widely.

Does Hideaway have cups to go so you can take it back to your cabin? How about Oceanview Cafe? We will be on Reflection in a few days and DH always likes to get up early (6 AM) and bring some coffee back to cabin. How early to they open?

One of the things I never forget to bring on my cruises is my large plastic Dunkin Donuts mug ( complete with snap on lid). I always have a cup of coffee in my hand and this cup is perfect for my travels.

Marion

Calling room service in the morning for coffee on the balcony with a beautiful view always tastes good to us. Somehow can never get that at home:D

That is one of our favorite things about being on a cruise, sitting out on the balcony in our bathrobes each morning sipping that first cup of coffee while enjoying the views as we cruise along the approach to the next port.

Except instead of calling room service in the morning, we put out the room service door tag the night before and use the room service delivery call as our wake-up call.

Or sometimes when we are really having trouble waking up in the morning, we set a wake up call on the telephone for about 10 minutes earlier, and then the room service delivery call becomes our snooze alarm call.

We agree with the others that the Lavazza coffee they have now is a big improvement over whatever it was they used previously.

We no longer bother to bring along our own travel mugs, preferring instead to use the convenient large to-go cups provided on the ships.

No need to carry around empty mugs back and forth this way.

I'm a coffee addict and drink it much of the day. I have never liked the coffee from Ocean View or Suite Service to my taste. I find it strong and bitter.

For the past 5 or 6 years I bring along a travel French Press and my favorite coffee. I have a carafe of hot water delivered with my breakfast and brew my own.

As others have said the specialty coffee's are very nice.

Just disembarked from our second Silhouette cruise. We love the coffee in Cafe al Bacio, deck five. We had the classic non-alcohol package*. I had 1-3 Americanos every day. Loved it. They use extremely hot water.

There were no alcohol packages offered for our cruise because it was a full ship charter.

The espresso drinks at the Cafe El Baccio are pretty good. The big urns of coffee in the Oceanview Cafe are more like sludge. The coffe served in the Aqua Spa Cafe is pretty decent. Actually, a pot of coffee from room service is not bad either, and an easy way to get that first cup in you before getting organized.

We voted Aqua Spa as best coffee for breakfast...Cafe El Bacio Americano OK, but still not great. Espressos and cappuchinos at Cafe good though.

Room service coffee was pretty good.

Buffet coffee awful.

I will quote myself from an earlier post:

"How is the coffee? Here's an anecdote. Was sitting yesterday at a luncheon with five other people. Everyone had coffee. The waiter poured all from the same carafe. The woman on my right said, oh that's good coffee. The man on my left said, that coffee is way too strong, and poured some water into his cup. The woman across from me said, this coffee is really bitter. Her husband asked, why can't you make coffee this good. The woman next to him made a face and said that it tasted stale to her. I thought it was too weak.

So how's the coffee on board? Probably too strong, too weak, too bitter, too stale, too hot and too cold."

You have hit the nail on the head! People can never agree on anything!

I'm a coffee addict and drink it much of the day. I have never liked the coffee from Ocean View or Suite Service to my taste. I find it strong and bitter.

For the past 5 or 6 years I bring along a travel French Press and my favorite coffee. I have a carafe of hot water delivered with my breakfast and brew my own.

As others have said the specialty coffee's are very nice.

Great tip. Had no idea they would deliver a carafe of hot water so we'll take some of our favourite coffee drip through filters and order the water - sorted!

We voted Aqua Spa as best coffee for breakfast...Cafe El Bacio Americano OK, but still not great. Espressos and cappuchinos at Cafe good though.

Room service coffee was pretty good.

Buffet coffee awful.

I like the fact that the Aqua Spa has some good coffee at breakfast, that is a big plus for me!

• 2 months later...
Wishing they would switch over to Tim Hortons or McDonalds coffee. Nothing would beat roll up the rim on a cruise ship lol

LOL. Me too. Timmy's grounds and I'll take it a step further. My husband has to make it. He brews the best cuppa coffee.

So I'm guessing no one's mistaking me for a coffee elitist.