Flat Folding Tray?

Three women in a stateroom; 2 very high-maintenance make-up folks; double sink with a long shelf underneath; Holland America

With my husband and I, I just use the basket supplied for shoe shining - put it on the lower bathroom shelf to hold all those miscellaneous extra things. With three of us, one basket will NOT cover it.

I know I've seen them, but cannot find: lightweight fabric folding storage trays. (Looking for just about 2-3 inches in height). For each lady's make-up and personal goodies.

And suggestions?

And yes, I'm also planning on the clear hanging shoe thingie... for other items.

Why not ask your cabin steward for a couple more show baskets.

Oh, that's SO sensible. Leave it to one of the experts......

Barb

But I thank everyone for their help - and I think I'll make my own after all - so I can adjust the size for our needs....... and give the sisters a gift while I'm at it!

You guys are the best. Thanks!

You may have some luck looking at the "Container Store's", either online or in the stores if you have them around you. They have a HUGE selection for buying organizational items. It can be overwhelming they have so much. Good luck and Happy Sailing.

We've never needed extra storage on any ship! I don't know what all you're bringing, but I bring an entire carry-on of make-up and hair stuff...everything fits in the cabin just fine!

She mentioned there are three ladies sharing a bathroom and all have makeup, hair and toilet articles they want to neatly store. It's great you don't need the extra storage but some folks do. :)

Not familiar with the show baskets but it seems like a good idea.

If you buy/make container make sure that it has a "lip" or is deep enough, like a basket.

On RC I have put my make-up bag, "stuff", on the shelf under the sink and it fell off during rough seas (not really rough - just some rolling). Everything was okay, but it would have been a mess had the make-up, hair accessories, etc. not been in their own bags.

My daughters and I are sharing a cabin for the first time in June. We each have a black mesh bag with a handle. It folds flat, but when you unfold it, it has pockets and will hold all of the make-up, flat iron, Hair dryer, etc., without taking up any additional space in our luggage. It easily sits on the shelf under the sink in the bathroom. We used them when we were headed on a Med cruise with several days pre-post cruise in Italy. This worked so well that even if there isn't a problem with storage or keeping all of our toiletries and make-up separated but accessible that we use it whenever we travel. I got them from T.J. Maxx, but I'm sure if you go to Amazon, you'll find it. Wish I knew how to post a photo, but after seeing the trays, I would much prefer our mesh bag with a short handle and all the separate spaces to hold everything together. Loved having no mess and no one asking, "Did you see my mascara? I left it on the counter in the bathroom." Ugh.

My daughters and I are sharing a cabin for the first time in June. We each have a black mesh bag with a handle. It folds flat, but when you unfold it, it has pockets and will hold all of the make-up, flat iron, Hair dryer, etc., without taking up any additional space in our luggage. It easily sits on the shelf under the sink in the bathroom. We used them when we were headed on a Med cruise with several days pre-post cruise in Italy. This worked so well that even if there isn't a problem with storage or keeping all of our toiletries and make-up separated but accessible that we use it whenever we travel. I got them from T.J. Maxx, but I'm sure if you go to Amazon, you'll find it. Wish I knew how to post a photo, but after seeing the trays, I would much prefer our mesh bag with a short handle and all the separate spaces to hold everything together. Loved having no mess and no one asking, "Did you see my mascara? I left it on the counter in the bathroom." Ugh.

I think that is a great idea for anyone! Did a cabin crawl one time and the couple had several small "folding baskets" on the dresser, in the bathroom, nightstand, etc. Their cabin looked so nice and tidy! I bet the steward loved them!