Neptune Suite

Sharon Le

• Neptune Suite Amenities

• A very special amenity exclusively for guests cruising in a Neptune or Pinnacle Suite, the industry-leading Neptune Lounge features a private place to relax, socialize with other suite guests and enjoy the personalized service of a concierge. The fleet-wide lounges provide worktables, large screen television, library, sofas and chairs, refreshments throughout the day and Wi-Fi for a small charge. One-Touch 24-hour Concierge Service is available when the Neptune Lounge is closed.
    • Teak-lined private verandah
    • Complimentary laundry, pressing and dry cleaning throughout your cruise
    • Complimentary sparkling wine served in the Neptune Lounge upon embarkation
    • Complimentary bottled water provided in suite at embarkation
    • Gorgeous corsages and boutonnieres for the first formal night
    • Cold hors d'oeuvres served before dinner each evening on request
    • Binoculars and umbrellas for your use on the cruise
    • Cocktail party with ship's officers
    • Priority boarding for tendered ports of call
    • Special disembarkation service
    • Priority dining and seating requests
    • Exclusive daily breakfast service
    • High tea service in suite on request
    • A variety of firm, medium and soft pillows
    • Premium duvet; oversized bath towels; and soft, cotton bathrobes and slippers
    • No-host mini-bar for easy entertaining
    • Personalized cruise stationery
    • One-touch telephone concierge service
    • Fresh flowers

Signature Touches in Every Stateroom

Our signature Mariner’s Dream™ bed featuring a plush Euro-Top mattress and finely woven cotton linens

Daily housekeeping to tidy belongings and keep staterooms immaculate

100% Egyptian cotton towels

Lighted magnifying mirrors; massage showerheads; salon-quality hair dryers

Luxurious bathrobes for use during the voyage

Fragrant soaps, lotions, shampoo and other bath amenities from Elemis Aromapure

Flat-panel TV and DVD player

Complimentary DVD library

Generous storage

Safes for your valuables

Complimentary fresh fruit on request

Complimentary 24-hour In-Room Dining

Nightly turndown service

Complimentary shoeshine service

Complimentary ice service

Edited by catl331

I've never Neptune'd, but it's my understanding that another Suite-perk is priority in reserving private cabanas on the ships that feature them (Euro and Nieuw Am), as well as on Half-Moon Cay.

Someone else can confirm (or bust) that.

Not true.

Cabanas can be booked by anyone -- none are set aside for the PS and Neptune passengers to book.

I've never Neptune'd, but it's my understanding that another Suite-perk is priority in reserving private cabanas on the ships that feature them (Euro and Nieuw Am), as well as on Half-Moon Cay.

Never heard of that one and it would be very difficult to control. What if everybody not in a suite pre-reserved on line ? What if a non-suite passenger got on board and wanted to reserve; would they say no, just in case a suite passenger came later and asked for one? Would they throw non-suite passengers out of their cabana so a suite passenger could have it? Sounds like a nightmare to me :rolleyes:

The single most important benefit of sailing in a Neptune Suite is the concierge service. Never once will you ever have to visit the Front Office. The value of this cannot be overstated!

Not quite true.

On our last cruise we had bill problem and neither of the concierges could resolve it and we had to go to the front desk to get 8 Pinnacle dinners removed -- all for one night -- and there was just the 2 of us.

I see the list of "perqs" for Neptune suite guests includes:

"Cold hors d'oeuvres served before dinner each evening on request".

While we only have asked for hors d'oeuvres when having some folks into the cabin pre-dinner, on those past occasions we were offered a selection of hot and cold (and the hot ones were little shrimp rolls, eggrolls, etc., quite tasty). It was the Neptune concierges who arranged this for us.

Can anyone recently in a Neptune Suite inform whether the selection of hot hors d'oeuvres for in-suite consumption is a(nother) thing of the past? If so, that would be disappointing.

Thanks,

I've never heard that stated as policy.

Not quite true.

On our last cruise we had bill problem and neither of the concierges could resolve it and we had to go to the front desk to get 8 Pinnacle dinners removed -- all for one night -- and there was just the 2 of us.

I'm sorry you had that inconvenience but wouldn't you agree it is almost never being in Neptune/Pinnacle Suites do we have to go to Front Office. I don't think we have been there (for business) maybe twice in all the years. We stop by there now and then for 'social visit' but that is for fun. :)

I've never heard that stated as policy.

Actually way back in 2001 or 2002 there were only 4 cabanas on HMC and only PS and Neptune Suites (just called suites back then) were the only people who could rent them -- $50 for the day for either 2 or 4 people.

We were the very first people to use a cabana at HMC. We were on a summer Maasdam cruise and were asked if we would spend the day there and share our thoughts and suggestions. What a treat.

That original cabana is no longer there. It was just off the path from the area near First Aid station to the beach. We were sooo spoiled that day.

Edited by sail7seas

Actually way back in 2001 or 2002 there were only 4 cabanas on HMC and only PS and Neptune Suites (just called suites back then) were the only people who could rent them -- $50 for the day for either 2 or 4 people.

Wow. Maybe that's what I was thinking of. Otherwise I have no idea where I came up with that. Just more evidence of a little knowledge being a dangerous thing...

As DH would say, "The Neptune Suites come with everything except the kitchen sink. If you feel your really need one, just ask the concierges, they'll probably get it for you." Seriously, I'm sure you'll enjoy the space, the huge verandah, and all the perks that come with being "suite folk".

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

The single most important benefit of sailing in a Neptune Suite is the concierge service. Never once will you ever have to visit the Front Office. The value of this cannot be overstated!

It is interesting, and actually one of the wonderful things about cruising, that this is the least important to us. We all find our favorite aspects, some different than others.

I think the best benefits are laundry and dry cleaning included in the fare, breakfast in Pinnacle Grill and Neptune Lounge....... aside from the actual lovely cabin. :)

I actually would list the cabin first as we fell in love with those years before the other perks existed but indeed those are our favorites too.

It is interesting, and actually one of the wonderful things about cruising, that this is the least important to us. We all find our favorite aspects, some different than others.

I actually would list the cabin first as we fell in love with those years before the other perks existed but indeed those are our favorites too.

I can remember like it was yesterday that we walked into what was then called an "S" Suite, a deluxe verandah, on Statendam her Inaugural Year for a Panama Canal cruise. We both were delighted with what we saw. It was so bright and airy, all that glass, so much space, the wonderful dressing table/dressing room and certainly the verandah. We never looked at any other cabin after that first cruise in an "S". :) We have been in PS (Pinnacle) but in many ways I actually prefer the mid-ship Neptunes when sailing just two people.

Edited by sail7seas

LOL. I remember it well. You couldn't rent until you were on board and the pink one, for whatever reason, was the one most desired. Our very first HAL cruise was on the Rotterdam and we went right to the Neptune Lounge the minute we checked in to get our name and $50 ( I really think it was $49, KK ;)) on that pink cabana! It was a deal at that price, but not at the prices now, at least not for just 2 people, IMHO.

I can remember like it was yesterday that we walked into what was then called an "S" Suite, a deluxe verandah, on Statendam her Inaugural Year for a Panama Canal cruise. We both were delighted with what we saw. It was so bright and airy, all that glass, so much space, the wonderful dressing table/dressing room and certainly the verandah. We never looked at any other cabin after that first cruise in an "S". :) We have been in PS (Pinnacle) but in many ways I actually prefer the mid-ship Neptunes when sailing just two people.

Much the same for me/us. I was on the then new Ryndam in what was 1010 back then S010 today. I was, actually we but it was a different "we" than today, amazed, thrilled and totally sold. Oh me...we were only the fifth occupants and it still smelled new, fresh, and was in perfect condition. To thus day I will not book S010.....never ever....but it's not the cabin just the memory. :o