Deployment Schedule 2016-2017. Let the guessing begin

Cruzin-K

It is starting to look like Royal are going to change deployment somewhere in the network!

The deployment guessing game may have a more rounds to go yet.

Jewel to Alaska instead of Radiance?

OR

A full time ship in Singapore.

Any guesses Madflyer, Celebrityfan , Geoff , OfTheSeasCruiser

Looks like the announced deployment of Jewel and Radiance will stick.

Royal's official China deployment press release is quite clear that Mariner will be based in Shanghai, but I'm guessing this is actually seasonal, and she will spend part of the year in Singapore.

http://www..royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-release/1138/royal-caribbean-expands-deployment-and-investment-in-china-vacation-market/

I don't think that leaves any ships available for a year-round deployment in Singapore until after April 2017. Maybe Singapore has to wait another year, or more.

To be honest, Royal's itineraries in Asia are pretty poor. We are on B2B Princess cruises ex-Singapore because their itineraries are so much better. They are targeting different markets of course.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A Jewel call at Dubrovnik on the 30th of September has been added.

They seem to be moving some things for Jewel and Rhapsody around a little maybe based on port crowding. Dubrovnik can be a mess when there are too many ships in port.

Gibraltar still has Adventure showing on 18th Oct '16. Must be a place holder.

Must be for a Ta. I thought a while ago Jewel but that's not happening. Jewel is in the Caribbean that day

They announced initially week commencing 30th, then they released more specifically 2nd April.

If it is April 2nd, I hope they do it early in the morning, we are driving over to FLL that day to board the Liberty for 4 nights. I have everything sitting here by the computer ready to get those winter 2016/2017 bookings done.:)

If it is April 2nd, I hope they do it early in the morning, we are driving over to FLL that day to board the Liberty for 4 nights. I have everything sitting here by the computer ready to get those winter 2016/2017 bookings done.:)

Well, with Royal who knows but when the Alaska came out last week, I found them online on the 25th (late evening UK time) when they had said 26th so just keep checking! Hope you get what you want and that you have a great cruise on Liberty - what a nice start that would be!

Some very interesting ideas on this thread.

Our opinion as areas of improvement, and where RCL is getting it right.

1) San Juan is one port RCL in 2015 is getting it right with 2 great ships the Adventure, and the Jewel in this extremely popular port.

2) Now the other way,,,Miami needs to be upgraded. We love the Majesty,(have done many a B2B on her) but with all the new beautiful ships from other cruise lines calling Miami home , RCL in Miami looks like the poor relative.

3) Changes and improvements to itineraries on most of the Caribbean cruises in our opinion can be improved.

Long time loyal RCL cruisers love many of the ideas of the new ships, but would like to see a few new ports.

Also more cruise schedules that change from week to week, which would appeal to cruisers who do a B2B. The Freedom out of PC is an example of this, one week western Caribbean, the next week in the eastern Caribbean.

We have often chose a different cruise line on a B2B just because we didn't want to change ships or see the same ports the 2nd week.

Some very interesting ideas on this thread.

Our opinion as areas of improvement, and where RCL is getting it right.

1) San Juan is one port RCL in 2015 is getting it right with 2 great ships the Adventure, and the Jewel in this extremely popular port.

2) Now the other way,,,Miami needs to be upgraded. We love the Majesty,(have done many a B2B on her) but with all the new beautiful ships from other cruise lines calling Miami home , RCL in Miami looks like the poor relative.

3) Changes and improvements to itineraries on most of the Caribbean cruises in our opinion can be improved.

Long time loyal RCL cruisers love many of the ideas of the new ships, but would like to see a few new ports.

Also more cruise schedules that change from week to week, which would appeal to cruisers who do a B2B. The Freedom out of PC is an example of this, one week western Caribbean, the next week in the eastern Caribbean.

We have often chose a different cruise line on a B2B just because we didn't want to change ships or see the same ports the 2nd week.

I agree that some new ports would definitely be nice but as far as I am aware every ship sailing out of Florida does do alternating itineraries. Freedom, Oasis and Allure all do alternating East / West. Indy was doing 6/8 day itineraries with different ports. Even the ships doing the 5/5/4 day runs had different ports with the exception of Cozumel being on one 4 day and one 5 day itinerary. The only ships that had the same itineraries were the 3/4 day cruises and with how far they can sail there is not much you can do to those itineraries.

The addition of Enchantment and Navigator to Miami will certainly boost Royals prescience there.

I spoke to a C&A agent this morning and she did not have the Fall 2016 & Winter 2017 cruises released today as originally planned. Did anyone else get different information?

I saw on a previous post some one said new date is April 2nd. I thought I'd call and see if I could get more information.

Just booked Harmony for March 2017. Rates are scary. :eek:

Kathy

I was also able to book harmony for feb/march today. My early-riser friend said bookings were open by 6:30 a.m. or so.

Funny, I thought the prices were actually very reasonable. May just be the dates, though - I have holds on Feb 25 (very good price) and March 4 (ok price). I'm sure later in March is probably higher because of spring break.

Just booked Harmony for March 2017. Rates are scary. :eek:

Kathy

I was also able to book harmony for feb/march today. My early-riser friend said bookings were open by 6:30 a.m. or so.

Funny, I thought the prices were actually very reasonable. May just be the dates, though - I have holds on Feb 25 (very good price) and March 4 (ok price). I'm sure later in March is probably higher because of spring break.

I think it depends on the cabin category. I have a hold on a cabin for November, 2016. I think everything up through balcony category is reasonable, and starting with JS, it gets into the scary category.

I think it depends on the cabin category. I have a hold on a cabin for November, 2016. I think everything up through balcony category is reasonable, and starting with JS, it gets into the scary category.

We booked late last night when they started appearing. Agree, balcony prices were not insane considering it is a brand new ship. But the JS and above were crazy. We booked for Thanksgiving week. Funny thing I saw this morning was the taxes went up about $1 between last night and this morning! Not sure how that changes so quick.

Agreed -- I was just looking at November 2016 too and was actually surprised at how reasonable the rates are.

I have just been advised that it may be another month before JW bookings are opened as they are revising the itineraries! Ugh!

Disappointed? Yes. Surprised? No. It also wouldn't surprise me to see Explorer itineraries on hold for awhile longer (for spring and fall, 2016).

I'm waffling between Oasis and Harmony. We're booked on the last Oasis cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale and the first Harmony cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale, with an 8-day gap to go on EN, perhaps, or possibly nab one of the invites to a pre-inaugural on Harmony (which I assume will take place after the TA).

Or, wait until Oasis arrives in PC and book a b2b. I'm flexible at this point.