Favorite Celebrity Entertainers

67Miner

Just returned from the Millennium and saw one of my favorite entertainers -- Mario d'Andrea -- and he was energetic and personable as ever. A couple of other entertainers that are the mainstay of Celebrity that I always enjoy seeing are Lindsay Hamilton and Brooks Aehron. Just curious to know other entertainers who are favorites of Celebrity cruisers (besides Perry Grant).

Just returned from the Millennium and saw one of my favorite entertainers -- Mario d'Andrea -- and he was energetic and personable as ever. A couple of other entertainers that are the mainstay of Celebrity that I always enjoy seeing are Lindsay Hamilton and Brooks Aehron. Just curious to know other entertainers who are favorites of Celebrity cruisers (besides Perry Grant).

I am a little (ok a lot) biased that my favorite Celebrity entertainer is Jordan Peterson, solo pianist and vocalist, on the Summit and Millennium. Although he is our son, we feel like he is very popular on the Celebrity ships he has been on.

I am a little (ok a lot) biased that my favorite Celebrity entertainer is Jordan Peterson, solo pianist and vocalist, on the Summit and Millennium. Although he is our son, we feel like he is very popular on the Celebrity ships he has been on.

Biased or not, you are right. He is as real talent. I talked to him several times and asked him to play "Last Date," an old Floyd Cramer song from 1961 and he said he wasn't familiar with it. Several days later I ran into him and he had it down perfectly. I enjoyed listening to him.

Our favourite entertainer to date was Gareth Oliver, the ventriloquist - he was on the Silhouette New Year´s sailing - and great fun.

Do go and see him if you get a chance - we even splashed out on the DVD, so he really did make a good impression.

Carole

Petesfamily, Jordan gets my vote, too! :)

Do you know where he's going, after he finishes his current contract on Millennium?

Over the years the "ladder guy"' and Perry are always mentioned. Another is a gentleman who I can't right now think of his name. He was a Tom Jones type singer and still sings on cruise ships. He was so popular on Celebrity that he would do his show on two different ships in the same week. When Celebrity was doing two ships to Bermuda, one Saturday and one Sunday, he would go to Bermuda on the Sunday ship and back on the Saturday ship.

Pearl Kauffman, a pianist who recorded many movie themes. She did an afternoon show where she performed and gave commentary on her career in the movie business, playing iconic songs like the theme to "Laura," and for movies like Dr. Zhivago and Five Easy Pieces. FASCINATING.

On a less esoteric note, I do like The Ladder Guy, too.

Edited by SixOneTwo

Fred Klett - one of the funniest men I have ever seen. He was on the Infinity TA last October and following his first show , which was not full - word spread. From then on whenever he was on stage there was no room in the theatre.

All seats were occupied and people were standing everywhere - he was fantastic. We went a little late to one performance and could not even get into the theatre it was that full. There were also dozens of people in the passageway leading into the area just listening and laughing.

If he was on in my local theatre - I would pay to see him.

Tenors of Rock, they do indeed rock!

and Mike Doyle funny funny funny, great impression of the Captain ' I think we are in Helsinki tomorrow!' Screams heard from passengers in the corridor who thought it was the real captain!

:)

akeflc.jpg

Edited by SWORRUB1
Added photo!

More votes for Brookes Ahrens and Lindsay Hamilton and I remember Pearl Kauffman from a few years ago. When she came on stage I was not expecting much, but her show was really impressive.

I have heard great things about Jordan Peterson, but have not had the opportunity to hear him yet.

Sheila

Fred Klett - one of the funniest men I have ever seen. He was on the Infinity TA last October and following his first show , which was not full - word spread. From then on whenever he was on stage there was no room in the theatre.

All seats were occupied and people were standing everywhere - he was fantastic. We went a little late to one performance and could not even get into the theatre it was that full. There were also dozens of people in the passageway leading into the area just listening and laughing.

So happy you mentioned Fred! I was just about to give him my vote too!

That Hibiscus shirt routine always has everyone laughing!

PLUS- he is the nicest guy off stage too. Hope we meet up with him again. I believe he recently became a grandfather!

I have heard great things about Jordan Peterson, but have not had the opportunity to hear him yet.

Sheila

Hope you get to see Jordan, sometime -- he's fantastic! :)

We were been on two different ships with him, last year. In addition to great covers of Billy Joel, Elton John, and the Beatles, Jordan has some very good original work (from his new album). Similar to Perry Grant, Jordan's performance venues around the ship fill up very quickly -- so, you need to get there early for a good seat! :cool:

John Charles and Doug Cameron :)

Beats the heck out of our recent Eclipse cruise with such showstoppers as:

A YouTube sensation and a contest's semi-finalist (not the winner or even a finalist) :eek:

Can't and don't want to remember their names.

Jayne Curry..Wonderful singer/entertainer......Saved the show for us!

We missed two of the larger productions, but the rest of the shows were really awful in our opinion..especially the Beatles group. First show we've ever walked out on.

One of the funniest comedians around :D -- also goes to show that you do not need to use profane language to get a laugh. The theatre was full and almost everyone was laughing. Hope to see him on one of my future cruises.

Lovena Fox and Delisco. We saw Lovena on the Equinox on the January 2 - 12 cruise. We saw Delisco on the January 25 sailing on the Silhouette. We were fortunate to cruise twice in January 2015. Lovena Fox and Delisco were outstanding solo performers who received standing ovations from the audience.

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed Band Artistique (musical/acro act) on Summit. But I have to say the crew has been the best entertainment. On Eclipse in the Caribbean, one of their cooking demos went off-script and had the whole theater gasping for air. And on Summit, the captain, CD and HD were hysterical in a late night act called "Liar's Club."

The best vocalists we've seen were on Eclipse in 2013. The petite redhead was especially powerful.

For Fred Klett's fans. I found some eyeball salt and pepper shakers and took a bunch of them on a cruise with friends who had seen Fred. Took this photo and send to Fred and got a nice letter back.

document?msgId=SentMailDELIM1674&part=2.2.2&l=en-US&v=suddenlink

I also really liked Pearl and Perry Grant

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE :D:D Bob and Phyl

Edited by wvufan

Pearl Kauffman, a pianist who recorded many movie themes. She did an afternoon show where she performed and gave commentary on her career in the movie business, playing iconic songs like the theme to "Laura," and for movies like Dr. Zhivago and Five Easy Pieces. FASCINATING.

On a less esoteric note, I do like The Ladder Guy, too.

Another Bravo for this amazing woman....saw her yrs ago on Connie on a cruisethat left from NYC.