CAPE LIBERTY 411 (and NYC too) Version 4!!

megr1125

During check-in' date=' would you ask if they have heard of a tentative completion date? We hope you have a great cruise! Rob & Ann Marie[/quote']

I asked in September when were were there on Summit. The check in agent had no idea. Not sure who else I could ask. Maybe the porters know. I will ask again on 10/22.

I asked in September when were were there on Summit. The check in agent had no idea. Not sure who else I could ask. Maybe the porters know. I will ask again on 10/22.
Thank you for trying. We'll do the same on 11/30 if the garage isn't open by then. It's a long shot, but we'll ask the parking attendant too.

Money conspicuously in hand might save you as much as half an hour.

Yes they do. We just got off the Liberty on 10/3 and we used a porter. We by- passed the long line and went right through immigration with no wait.

Thank you both. It's well worth paying for. Not available at all cruise terminals, so I'm glad I asked.

Thanks again!

Have you ever tried PATH and the light rail? I have done it several times as a solo and found it very easy and economical. $2.75 for PATH from 33rd St. to Hoboken and $2.10 for the light rail to Bayonne. If you call Bayonne taxi they will pick you up at the 34th St light rail station and take you into the port for about $10. This is 100% accessible and the outbound trains are empty in the morning going towards Bayonne.

Last time I walked to the PATH from 37th and Lexington and then had my cousin pick me up in Newark. Broke my suitcase wheels in the process. I take the PATH a lot, but wasn't fun with luggage-- the elevator was broken on the Jersey side. I'd rather pay the extra $20 or so and make it easy. If the weather is bad in February, I will take super shuttle-- no walking at all.

With the progress I have seen on the garage and surrounding area, I would be surprised if it is not open for the arrival of the Anthem. The outside roadway and entrance looks complete, and appears that the only thing left to be done are the tollbooths.

Have you ever tried PATH and the light rail? I have done it several times as a solo and found it very easy and economical. $2.75 for PATH from 33rd St. to Hoboken and $2.10 for the light rail to Bayonne. If you call Bayonne taxi they will pick you up at the 34th St light rail station and take you into the port for about $10. This is 100% accessible and the outbound trains are empty in the morning going towards Bayonne.

I'm flying in to EWR Sunday morning,11/1 around 6:00 am.to catch RCL Liberty of the Seas. Travelling solo & wear a large backpack for my luggage, so mobility is not a problem. What is the easiest public transit route to the port? Also, do they allow you to walk from 34th St. onto port entrance & to the check-in area? Thanks in advance. Norman

I'm flying in to EWR Sunday morning,11/1 around 6:00 am.to catch RCL Liberty of the Seas. Travelling solo & wear a large backpack for my luggage, so mobility is not a problem. What is the easiest public transit route to the port? Also, do they allow you to walk from 34th St. onto port entrance & to the check-in area? Thanks in advance. Norman

By the time you pay the NJ transit fees and the cab fees, you might as well take the shuttle for $28.50. Really don't think this is a bad price.

You would take the NJ Transit train one stop from Newark Airport to Newark Penn Station for $8.25 or NJ Transit bus 62 from the terminal to Newark Penn Station for $2.55. At Newark Penn Station you take PATH to Exchange Place for $2.75. When you come up out of the station you walk across a small plaza to the light rail station on the street and take the train to 34th St. in Bayonne for $2.10. You can then call one of these cabs:

Bayonne City Yellow Cab

201-339-5000

Archie’s Cab & Van Service

201-858-8800

Campbell Taxi

201-339-8300

The cost should be around $10. You're not supposed to walk into the port. However when I was there in June, I did see folks walking in towards the ship with luggage. Don't know if they made it all the way without being stopped. It's a 2 mile hike - might not be appealing on Nov 1.

If you get there early, take some time to view the 911 memorial that is right there by the ship.

Someone posted recently that the ship transfers don't start until 9 am.

Edited by 138east

Hi. Along with other cruise critic members, we will be using Independent Driver from Springhill Suites at EWR to Port Liberty on Nov 1.

If possible, a stop to buy wine is desired. Which liquor store would be most convenient to our route? As it was mentioned elsewhere on this thread, I thought perhaps Wine Warehouse in Bayonne was reasonably convenient.

Are there other options that might make more sense from our direction?

Thanks for such a helpful thread.

Last time I walked to the PATH from 37th and Lexington and then had my cousin pick me up in Newark. Broke my suitcase wheels in the process. I take the PATH a lot, but wasn't fun with luggage-- the elevator was broken on the Jersey side. I'd rather pay the extra $20 or so and make it easy. If the weather is bad in February, I will take super shuttle-- no walking at all.

Tried to get a transportation quote from SuperShuttle from the cruise port back to the Newark Airport. The zip code of 07002 is not currently being surviced by SuperShuttle.

Tried to get a transportation quote from SuperShuttle from the cruise port back to the Newark Airport. The zip code of 07002 is not currently being surviced by SuperShuttle.

This was following another thread-- taking the cruise line shuttle from EWR to the port. Taking super shuttle was from NYC to EWR

Hi,

I am boarding Liberty on 10/22 and have a GS. I was wondering if there is any special line for suite passengers. It says priority boarding but I am not sure what that means. I am just wondering, do I look for a specific check-in line after security?

Thank you

This was following another thread-- taking the cruise line shuttle from EWR to the port. Taking super shuttle was from NYC to EWR

IMO, please do NOT book the big blue van a/k/a Super Shuttle, it might be very popular & convenient/reliable in LAX or SFO but not here in the metro NY area. There might be at best, several dozen vans servicing all of NY's needs - if you valued getting to the pier & the ship on time without getting a free (and, unwanted) tour of various sections of the city en route, then - go ahead & take your chances.

I do lots of driving around/between LGA & JFK airports and I see more of these vans than the blue ones (and, of Golden Touch, which primary "shuttle" airline crews to/from their layover lodgings) - these vans can take to 10 passengers with luggage, making as many as 3 or 4 stops "along" the "routes" before your stop, easily 60 minutes or longer than a direct & non-stop route, depending on traffic & road conditions, if not longer - not worth the savings or heartburns ... :eek:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64025118/IMG20140719_085151.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64025118/IMG_20150304_CTShuttle.jpg

hi does anyone know a good option as far as hotels that can shuttle pretty large groups to the cruise port? either a group of around 30 or maybe 2 groups of 15 or 3 of 10....something like that

Please be more specific - Cape Liberty (assumed ???) and which hotel - exact/approximate date & time ... # of checked luggages plus carry-on/cabin luggages involved ??

Might be better off booking 5 or 6 mini-vans from Carmel or Dial7, as each van can typically take 5 (maybe 6) passengers plus reasonable # of luggage in the back, smaller bags go with the riders under the seat if necessary.

Otherwise, 30 people + luggage typically meaning a medium to full-size coach and they will not be cheap. I'm doubtful and unaware of any NY area hotels provide "free" shuttle for 30 people to the cruise terminal.

Edited by mking8288

Please be more specific - Cape Liberty (assumed ???) and which hotel - exact/approximate date & time ... # of checked luggages plus carry-on/cabin luggages involved ??

Might be better off booking 5 or 6 mini-vans from Carmel or Dial7, as each van can typically take 5 (maybe 6) passengers plus reasonable # of luggage in the back, smaller bags go with the riders under the seat if necessary.

Otherwise, 30 people + luggage typically meaning a medium to full-size coach and they will not be cheap. I'm doubtful and unaware of any NY area hotels provide "free" shuttle for 30 people to the cruise terminal.

cape liberty. weekday morning, need to be at the terminal by 10. luggage will only be for 2 people so nothing to crazy. no idea on the hotel, definitely open to suggestions. have you had good luck with Carmel or Dial7? i guess im looking for any recommendations regarding this stuff. i live in nj but i have a car and have never had need of stuff like this so im completely unfamiliar. Getting married in port but with no sailing guests so basically need to get around 30 guests in a hotel and to port and back.

thanks for the response either way :)

Thank you both. It's well worth paying for. Not available at all cruise terminals, so I'm glad I asked.

Thanks again!

We stood in the line and, to be honest, it moved pretty quick. From picking up our luggage to clearing Immigration was, tops, five minutes. Very painless.

Hi,

I am boarding Liberty on 10/22 and have a GS. I was wondering if there is any special line for suite passengers. It says priority boarding but I am not sure what that means. I am just wondering, do I look for a specific check-in line after security?

Thank you

There are two "Priority" lines for Suite guests. One to get through Security and one to check in after Security.

Hi,

Thank you

Priority boarding for Celebrity is at the left side of the check in counter. Show your boarding pass to one of the customer service reps and they will point you in the right direction.

cape liberty. weekday morning, need to be at the terminal by 10. luggage will only be for 2 people so nothing to crazy. no idea on the hotel, definitely open to suggestions. have you had good luck with Carmel or Dial7? i guess im looking for any recommendations regarding this stuff. i live in nj but i have a car and have never had need of stuff like this so im completely unfamiliar. Getting married in port but with no sailing guests so basically need to get around 30 guests in a hotel and to port and back.

thanks for the response either way :)

Without a hotel location, it's not easy to brainstorm for you - and when is this wedding on the ship taking place ?? (Congrats, BTW)

We use Carmel all the time - especially to piers & airports, excellent & highly recommended, and goo/competitive rates, fully insured & clean/safe vehicles, not some "partners of ride-sharing transportation network on the web"

So, this is basically for 30 people including 2 of you with luggage, rest of them without - at the port for maybe 3 or 4 hours, plus travel time each way - so about 6 hours in total ... a rough ballpark figure, how's that.

Lookup - Carmel has 10 to 12 pax stretch limo, it will run you - HOLD ON & FASTERN your 3 points SEATBELTS first, tight - $272.00 plus tips from, say, Newark Airport (a few upscale hotels on site/nearby) each vehicle - so, that would be almost $1,000 each direction for 30 guests ... another $1,000 for the return to the hotel after the wedding ceremony for the dropoff.

IMHO, you would be better off calling some of the specialized bus charter folks locally, ask them about a flat rate for a bus to fit 30 to 35 people, with space for a few pieces of luggage for 8 hours (that's usually the minimum for a daily rental, clock start running at the bus depot until it's back there afterward) ... my feeling is that it will be less & maybe savings of 50% over Carmel's limo pricing. Haven't done or coordinate these type of bus charter in years - but you should have the date/time & pickup locations nailed down to get quotes & estimates, and start pinning down a written contract, deposit payment, and the rest.

Here's the quote/Carmel info used - it might timed out & no longer valid after a period of time. Good luck !

Maybe some of our NJ local experts have any specific ideas or suggestions to offer .. ;)

ouch 1k is definitely rough on that lol

hotel location pretty much just needs to be by port liberty. the wedding is on embark day. im looking at stuff near newark airport and elizabeth. you are right about needing stuff nailed down to make things easier. im going to take a drive one of these weekends to check out the hotels and see what their shuttle options are....i know some of them have park and cruise type packages but with this number of people i know it might be tricky. at this point im tempted to just drive everyone myself over like 10 trips and im the groom, just to avoid the stress lol

We've stayed only at two local hotels (Country Inn & Suites and Hampton Inn). We took the shuttle from CIS the first time -- we had to sign up for it as soon as we arrived. It was around $7 per person per trip. The next morning, boarding day, was a zoo. We had to wait for a few shuttles before it was our turn to board. Traffic was very heavy, and we didn't get to the ship until after 1:00--we'd been on the shuttle for two hours at that point. It took almost an hour for the shuttle to come back to pick us up. The next time there were four of us, so we used Independent Limo. Much easier. We plan on driving to the port ourselves and parking there. More expensive, I know, just much easier. Once we're off the ship, we just want to get on the road to get home.

The point of all this is I don't think any of the hotels have free shuttles, and unless you can sign up early the day before, I don't think all your guests will be on the same shuttle. I thinking renting privately is your best bet. Just have an idea which hotel you'll all be staying at.

Congrats on the wedding!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There are two "Priority" lines for Suite guests. One to get through Security and one to check in after Security.

Are these lines for suite guests well marked? Last time I cruised (not out of Cape Liberty), I couldn't find anything and asked an employee who looked at me like I was crazy and pointed to the regular line.