Just off 3rd trip the Oasis. Total lack of wow

rt1092

When it was first reported that Royal removed drink prices from menus I emailed them and the response I got was it was a mistake from the printer and new menus with prices would be back onboard. What a load of bull. They must think their guests are stupid. :rolleyes:

Do they actually punch the prices into the POS terminal? Aren't they already in the system?

Do they actually punch the prices into the POS terminal? Aren't they already in the system?

I specifically asked for "the house vodka" each time I ordered. The prices ranged from $6.00 to $9.00.

I specifically asked for "the house vodka" each time I ordered. The prices ranged from $6.00 to $9.00.

They do use premium brands without asking sometimes. If they do, it should have been printed right on the slip.

Since you know all that you should have refused to accept the drink, someone must have been twisting your arm

Edited by setsail

I booked our Oasis cruise on the Independence cruise after having cruises Allure twice. When I mentioned this on our Independence cruise to a PN member who is also an insider told me that we wouldn't be happy with Oasis that Oasis management was disorganized and the ship a mess. I really forgot all about that. Unfortunately we returned from the cruise with the same feelings as everyone else. There was nothing wrong (our toilet didn't work but was fixed twice) but that's not what left a bad taste in my mouth -- it was the non-chalant and non-caring attitude of the staff and crew that got to me. Except for 4 staff members, noone seemed to be happy on this ship and the slightest request seemed to be a chore.

I am not sure that this is Royal -- I would rather think it's the particular ship and its management.

Edited by nednrom

I think the point is Royal has ensured an overcrowd situation by shutting down the new Diamond Lounge, barring Loyalty guests from the Suite Lounge, and putting all loyalty guests into one lounge.

I understand the current lounge situation on Oasis, and it does sounds far from ideal. My point is that most loyalty lounges are most crowded between 5 and 6 pm. That seems to be pretty consistent and it is true on multiple ships, not just Oasis post dry dock. the situation is apt to develop on other ships, too. So if one dislikes crowds, 5:10 is just a really poor choice of times. Want a seat downstairs? Try going about 20 minutes earlier or try going about 40 minutes later... odds of available seats downstairs are much higher.

I understand the current lounge situation on Oasis, and it does sounds far from ideal. My point is that most loyalty lounges are most crowded between 5 and 6 pm. That seems to be pretty consistent and it is true on multiple ships, not just Oasis post dry dock. the situation is apt to develop on other ships, too. So if one dislikes crowds, 5:10 is just a really poor choice of times. Want a seat downstairs? Try going about 20 minutes earlier or try going about 40 minutes later... odds of available seats downstairs are much higher.

So I should get there 20 minutes early to get a seat?

It's easier just to never go on the oasis again.

20 min. early ... you're kidding right ... that won't do you any good ... some stake out their seats much earlier than that. :eek:

Surely they should not kick someone out of their seat, who got there 20 minutes earlier, to make room for you.

Surely they should not kick someone out of their seat, who got there 20 minutes earlier, to make room for you.

I never asked or expected anyone to give up a seat. Where did that come from?

I do think with over a 1000 diamond and up members they should have opened up a satellite lounge. That is "if they wanted our return business"

I never asked or expected anyone to give up a seat. Where did that come from?

I do think with over a 1000 diamond and up members they should have opened up a satellite lounge. That is "if they wanted our return business"

Sorry, I thought they all of the seats in lounges were taken. If there was more seating available, then you are right, they should have made an effort to utilize them all.

POS terminal, pretty much sums up Royal's IT system :D

Just off today. Lack of any WOW except for Carmella our stateroom attendant.

Seems like the rumors that royal isn't catering to repeat customers is true.

The concierge lounge now hosts all from diamond up (no specific diamond lounge) At ten minutes after 5 you can't even get a seat. We asked the staff about it they said try upstairs. I told them fine you carry my wheelchair bound mother in law up and down the stairs, and look for a seat

In the past they have always open satellite lounges for the overflow. Not any more.

The food and dining room service was so-so. Not poor just acceptable.

They schedule the farewell show at 8:45 (one show only) so nobody that has late seating can even attend. I'm sure they hope you'll go buy a diner somewhere that night.

I ordered the same drink in 5 different bars and paid 4 different prices. When I inquired about it the bartenders said the other guy made a mistake.

The elevators and guest services were worst than I remembered.

This was our 4th trip on this class, and our last unless they come up with an almost free cruise. And if royal continues their race to the bottom. Our royal days will be over. With the prices royal is getting with their bogoho "sales" you would expect better than ncl or carnival.

It doesn't surprise me :(

My last two cruises on the Jewel and Allure last year just weren't up to the standard of previous cruises. There wasn't anything that went so bad that it would keep me from cruising RCI again, but there wasn't anything that went so perfect that it would keep me from looking at other lines either. I still had a good time on both ships, but it just wasn't the "wow" that it used to be. I'm getting on the Serenade this year with fairly low expectations and hope that I will be pleasantly surprised. I booked this year's cruises because of the itineraries and nice low prices (one of which was booked during the first weeks of BOGOHO and has since skyrocketed in price for those who booked later :rolleyes: )

Edited by Cruzin-K

We were on Oasis a few weeks ago and as for the DL, meh.

But we ate in MDR 3 times and it seemed like the usual. We have never looked to MDR for upscale. We had a great wait staff there which had us going back. We also found using the drink vouchers in other bars was easy and convenient.

Sorry it did not meet your expectations.

Just off today. Lack of any WOW except for Carmella our stateroom attendant.

Seems like the rumors that royal isn't catering to repeat customers is true.

The concierge lounge now hosts all from diamond up (no specific diamond lounge) At ten minutes after 5 you can't even get a seat. We asked the staff about it they said try upstairs. I told them fine you carry my wheelchair bound mother in law up and down the stairs, and look for a seat

In the past they have always open satellite lounges for the overflow. Not any more.

The food and dining room service was so-so. Not poor just acceptable.

They schedule the farewell show at 8:45 (one show only) so nobody that has late seating can even attend. I'm sure they hope you'll go buy a diner somewhere that night.

I ordered the same drink in 5 different bars and paid 4 different prices. When I inquired about it the bartenders said the other guy made a mistake.

The elevators and guest services were worst than I remembered.

This was our 4th trip on this class, and our last unless they come up with an almost free cruise. And if royal continues their race to the bottom. Our royal days will be over. With the prices royal is getting with their bogoho "sales" you would expect better than ncl or carnival.

It's ignorant remarks like you made to the crew regarding the wheelchair issue that would turn anyone off......:rolleyes:

These boards, this world of cc always makes me chuckle. [emoji57]

Experienced cruisers... Your former glory days of titanic-era elitist cruises are over! Move on to Azamara and save us a gripe-fest! Just because you're diamond plus pinnacle you cruised your whole life and deserve everything for free attitude isn't being satisfied shouldn't mean you should poo poo an incredible ship and staff. After all it's all your freebies, free drinks here, free OBC there, price drop here balcony discount there that creates the need for royal to consistently reevaluate their budget, cut corners and ways to pet the kitties and keep them satisfied.

I am the new face of cruising. I am diamond and I could give two poos about it! I still buy the beverage package (no mixed up drink prices there!) and don't plan to use the lounge. I cruise to get away from it all. To enjoy the hard work of hard-working people and not view them as just the help, rather people who are dedicated to ensuring I have a nice vacation. I don't sit around and gripe about different priced drinks or mediocre food. What are you expecting? If something on land can do it better I think we'd all prefer you to stay on land and keep your bad attitude on land as well! Us young cruisers see this behavior on the ship and laugh. We laugh at you and your terrible attitudes and then high five the bar tenders we've made an actual connection with as you leave with your bad attitude.

I'm headed on Oasis next week for the second time, fourth time on oasis class and each time seems to get better and better. Can't wait for my incredible mediocre vacation to begin and pray to God that there's no whiners to bring us all down!!! Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In regards to the different drink Prices. I´m not sure why you expect them to be the same. They probably should be the same if the same drink is ordered in the same bar again. But is there some written or unwritten rule that the same drink has to be the same Price all over the ship?

I certainly can see them charging different Prices in different venues. I wouldn´t expect to pay the same Price in different bars on land either, not even i.e. different bars in the same Hotel.

If you feel your loyalty isn´t appreciated anymore it might be time to move on. We all Need to Keep in mind RCI makes a choice in what they want to reward our loyalty with and it´s us to decide if we are happy with this and if we want to Keep being loyal.

Free decisions on both sides.

We also might have to realize at some Point that RCI might not appreciate our repeat Business as much as we would like them to. I can easily see why RCI might want to get rid of some of their loyal cruisers when reading some Posts on CC.

Some People feel just so entitled and are just so demanding, while with all perks they get they are not great Revenue for the cruise line. In such cases the cruiselines might even be happe to get rid of those. I know realizing that will hurt and I will step on some toes here on CC with this, but Folks get real - RCI is in the Business to make Money and the new cruiser clientele is easier to please, less demanding, they still spend Money on the ships and don´t Need to be given as many freebies.

Lounge use is a C&A benefit, but even though there might be no Disclaimer to this extend, but I´ve never seen it as a guaranteed seat for each and any C&A member. It´s first come first serve and if it´s full I have to try back later. We´ve been spoiled with satellite Lounges for a Long time and still there were times when it was full and no seat to be found. Now they have given us (very generous in my book) three free Drinks at any bar and thus I do understand the Elimination of the satellite Lounges.

If I want to be sure to get a seat in the Lounge I have to get there early or late enough. Otherwise I simply will go to any other bar and get my drink of choice, within the limited menu they give me. BTW you will get a can of coke in other bars as one of your three free Drinks.

If it´s easier for the OP to just avoid Oasis, great, a solution for the Problem is already found. I have a Feeling RCI might be happy with the solution as well.

In regards to the different drink Prices. I´m not sure why you expect them to be the same. They probably should be the same if the same drink is ordered in the same bar again. But is there some written or unwritten rule that the same drink has to be the same Price all over the ship?

I certainly can see them charging different Prices in different venues. I wouldn´t expect to pay the same Price in different bars on land either, not even i.e. different bars in the same Hotel.

I doubt they have different prices for the same exact drink. The price is in the system. It was probably the difference between the premium and house liquor that was used.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you feel your loyalty isn´t appreciated anymore it might be time to move on. We all Need to Keep in mind RCI makes a choice in what they want to reward our loyalty with and it´s us to decide if we are happy with this and if we want to Keep being loyal.

Free decisions on both sides.

We also might have to realize at some Point that RCI might not appreciate our repeat Business as much as we would like them to. I can easily see why RCI might want to get rid of some of their loyal cruisers when reading some Posts on CC.

Some People feel just so entitled and are just so demanding, while with all perks they get they are not great Revenue for the cruise line. In such cases the cruiselines might even be happe to get rid of those. I know realizing that will hurt and I will step on some toes here on CC with this, but Folks get real - RCI is in the Business to make Money and the new cruiser clientele is easier to please, less demanding, they still spend Money on the ships and don´t Need to be given as many freebies.

Lounge use is a C&A benefit, but even though there might be no Disclaimer to this extend, but I´ve never seen it as a guaranteed seat for each and any C&A member. It´s first come first serve and if it´s full I have to try back later. We´ve been spoiled with satellite Lounges for a Long time and still there were times when it was full and no seat to be found. Now they have given us (very generous in my book) three free Drinks at any bar and thus I do understand the Elimination of the satellite Lounges.

If I want to be sure to get a seat in the Lounge I have to get there early or late enough. Otherwise I simply will go to any other bar and get my drink of choice, within the limited menu they give me. BTW you will get a can of coke in other bars as one of your three free Drinks.

If it´s easier for the OP to just avoid Oasis, great, a solution for the Problem is already found. I have a Feeling RCI might be happy with the solution as well.

RCI probably doesn't want you to get too comfy with Royal Caribbean. They would much rather you 'upgrade' to Celebrity or Azamara.