Could be the silliest question ever--The Oscars

eskiemom

Wow. It's been so many years since I even considered watching this that I can't even remember when the last time was that I saw the awards show. I forget that people watch these things.

Our last cruise Princess showed a bunch of concert footage on MUTS. We had no interest in it at all. When they finally showed a movie it was one we had seen very recently. Poop. We enjoy an evening movie on MUTS but ended up skipping it entirely due to the programming.

I can't imagine blowing off several hours of my cruise to watch a television show but it sounds as if many others might not agree with me.

Wow. It's been so many years since I even considered watching this that I can't even remember when the last time was that I saw the awards show. I forget that people watch these things.

Our last cruise Princess showed a bunch of concert footage on MUTS. We had no interest in it at all. When they finally showed a movie it was one we had seen very recently. Poop. We enjoy an evening movie on MUTS but ended up skipping it entirely due to the programming.

I can't imagine blowing off several hours of my cruise to watch a television show but it sounds as if many others might not agree with me.

Just remember everybody likes their coffee different! What appeals to one probably isn't the same to everyone and that is what makes life festive.

I love movies and I love award shows. And what could be better than being in the middle of the sea, in the open air with a fun cocktail or four and enjoying what makes me happy. Snacks from the IC and hello--a little slice of joy. Then there are plenty of other nights for shows, dancing, comedy etc.

There it is again, that baffling concept: some people like one thing and some like another. Apparently still too difficult to wrap one's head around... I hope they show the Oscars and I hope you have a great time watching them! (Since remembering this--sort of--I think it was the Sapphire and I think it was Explorers' Lounge. But I guess I could making the whole thing up in my head!)

I was on a New England/Canada cruise in Oct and we hiked our way up to the MUTS deck to watch the Steelers play somebody. We didn't stay very long, it was very cold and windy but I had my imaginary "thrill" of what it must be like to go to a pro game in an outdoor stadium in the cold states! It was a priceless experience. I'll never see a pro game @ gone since that would be handing $$ over to Jerry Jones and thatll NEVER HAPPEN! Go Packers!! 😝

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I don't pay much attention to award shows,

We seldom do, but this year's Kennedy Center Honors for Tom Hanks beats them all...The Army Drum & Bugle Corps, the Navy Choir, & then the Air Force Band marches down the aisle!

Just remember everybody likes their coffee different! What appeals to one probably isn't the same to everyone and that is what makes life festive.

I love movies and I love award shows. And what could be better than being in the middle of the sea, in the open air with a fun cocktail or four and enjoying what makes me happy. Snacks from the IC and hello--a little slice of joy. Then there are plenty of other nights for shows, dancing, comedy etc.

It's a good thing people are different. If they were all like me I'd go insane.

One year we were on the Tahitian Princess ( now Ocean) on the world cruise...they had a huge oscar viewing party with food, decorations, props...very fun.

Also celebrated Super Bowl the same way. Every holiday was made special....not sure if the CD makes a difference, but we had JJ King and he was awesome...

Me too! This is my Super Bowl! I go to a Super bowl party every year---I'm only there for the booze, gambling and food! The Oscars----- I'm there for the show!

On the Grand 2014 (Hawaii) they had a fun Oscar Party. It was in the lounge that is in the back of the ship. They did a red carpet walk for pictures. It was a formal night. They had special snacks, drinks etc. They showed the Oscars all the way through. Some people came in and out some stayed for the whole thing. We came in and out. It was well attended.

There it is again, that baffling concept: some people like one thing and some like another. Apparently still too difficult to wrap one's head around... I hope they show the Oscars and I hope you have a great time watching them! (Since remembering this--sort of--I think it was the Sapphire and I think it was Explorers' Lounge. But I guess I could making the whole thing up in my head!)

You may be experiencing Brian Williams syndrome.

You may be experiencing Brian Williams syndrome.

Awwww--that was rough. Poor Brian. Like he is the first on the make something up. People in much higher positions than his do it every day yet somehow they keep their jobs or getting re-elected.

Wow-this was just a silly oscar thread and it has taken such twists and turns. How fun is that???

We were on (I think) the Ruby a couple of years ago at Oscar time. They had a big party in one of the large lounges (club fusion??) with a pick the winners game, etc. It was a lot of fun. I hope your cruise has the same this year.

Ohiodoglover

Edited by OhioDogLover