Millenium - Deck 11 Aqua Class Cabins ?

poolwife

I have read so many bad reviews about the Millenium lately that I am getting concerned. We sail on her on May 12 for 10 night round trip Vancouver.

However, none of the reviews have mentioned the deck 11 Aqua class cabins.

There were many complaints about the deck 9 Aqua class cabins. My friends and I are all booked in the deck 11 Aqua class so I am hoping since they are newer cabins that they are in better shape.

Anyone stayed in the deck 11 cabins and have any comments about them?

I would appreciate your comments and help with this. Thank you.

I posted a review of the Millie in October. I though that the deck 11 AQ cabins are almost as good as S class cabins and the location is fantastic. Some people have pointed out some minor design issues (e.g. leaking showers)about these cabins but we experienced no significant problems.

I'm actually mystified by the number of bad reviews and perhaps that's because the AQ cabins and Blu are so good that they helped me to ignore some of the minor maintenance issues in other parts of the ship.

We were in 1118 on the Millennium, Honolulu to Sydney in November 2012 for 19 nights or so. The cabins were still relatively new at that point and ours was fine. It is a cabin on the side and has a bit bigger balcony than some others along the side. The cabins themselves are the same size as the A2s on 9. There is very little shade as the overhang is not very big. In general it is a very quiet area.

We have also been in 1116 & 1118 on the Constellation. One thing I noticed that was nicer on the Connie is that they made use of some 'dead space' at the elevator end of the corridors on 11. There is a very nice seating area with couch and chairs that got some use on our recent cruises, for example someone waiting for a spouse to be ready, or waiting for the steward to finish in the cabin. On the Millie, it was just dead space when we were on the ship, not sure if they changed that.

We were in 1138 and loved it. Were also in 1130 and loved it even more. Those aft balcony cabins are wonderful especially for Alaska.

That 10 day cruise, return to Vancouver is great. We got right up to Sitka. Loved having no flight.

Edited by TeaBag

I think you will truly appreciate your deck 11 cabin on your Alaska cruise.

I happen to be a fan of the Millie. I think that Blu is a more urbane restaurant than the MDR. The food is good and the staff truly caters to your culinary wishes.

I don't know which deck 11 cabins you have but you will be pleased to be in a quiet area very close to the Sunset Bar, which is a prime viewing spot for your glacial bay sailing and if you are going to Hoonah, aka Icy Straits, then do not miss the sail away. We saw bears, whales, elk and every other local species returning to the shore as we quietly and gently sailed through the narrow passage. It was one of those special moments.

The two doors forward to the outer deck can present a problem while sailing. That part of the deck gets very windy but the close access to the stairs and aft elevators makes up for it. If you want to go forward I'd suggest you go down to 10, or lower, to avoid the wind. At port it's not much of a problem.

Don't let reviews bother you. We have been on cruises that had great reviews and we've not been so happy and we've been on cruises with scathing reviews and been more than pleased.

Have a wonderful cruise. Alaska is amazing.

I have read some more reviews but most of them are older from 2012.

Would appreciate some newer reviews regarding this cabin category (A1). Thanks

We had Cabin 1108 on Millie for 14 day Transpacific (Tokyo to Vancouver) in May 2014 and loved our cabin. We found Deck 11 very quiet and with great access to the back of the ship. We would have no hesitation is selecting a Deck 11 AQ cabin on Millie again.

We were on the Millennium last year for a B2B in Alaska --- stayed in Aqua Class cabin 1140. We liked everything about the cabin. My only comment would be that I didn't care for the flag pole being in my line of sight when looking out the balcony.

I have read so many bad reviews about the Millenium lately that I am getting concerned. We sail on her on May 12 for 10 night round trip Vancouver.

However, none of the reviews have mentioned the deck 11 Aqua class cabins.

There were many complaints about the deck 9 Aqua class cabins. My friends and I are all booked in the deck 11 Aqua class so I am hoping since they are newer cabins that they are in better shape.

Anyone stayed in the deck 11 cabins and have any comments about them?

I would appreciate your comments and help with this. Thank you.

We will be on deck 9 in Aqua Class (Millennium) this coming June ---- what complaints have you heard?

All this has made me very happy. We had a Celebrity suite booked on Millie for our Alaska cruise but the extra $4,000 for only 7 nights left me feeling like access to Michael's on such a port intensive cruise wasn't worth that. We switched to A1 #1138 on deck 11. Not sure we are Blu people (dined there once, wasn't a fan) but will give it a go for 7 nights.

I did a lot of reading of past reviews and found a lot of negatives regarding deck 9 Aqua class cabins so thus I was wanting to know what more recent cruisers had to say about the deck 11 cabins. It is very nice to hear some more positive reviews. Also read a lot about the upkeep of the ship regarding curtains and upholstery needing replacing, etc.

Thank you for your responses. I am looking forward to our first time in Aqua class on our 10 night cruise on the Millennium in May.

Did you all find that you still wanted to eat dinner in the Main Dining room on some nights or was Blu so good you ate there every night?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We went to Blu a couple of times. Both times the service and meal were very good. The only drawback for us was the table arrangements --- the tables are very close to one another. On one particular night, a couple was seated next to us and I could tell they felt just as awkward as we did. What made us feel more uncomfortable about the dining situation was that the couple kept putting up menus/hands whenever they decided to talk --- we didn't like the situation either but we made the best of the situation.

We will be on the Millennium in June and plan to give Blu another shot.

My two experiences were both on Connie. 1111 was very nice. It was a quiet area with my only complaint being the people next door camped out on their balcony, smoked, and played music all day. Other than that the location was great. It was very nice going down the back stairs to the Sunset bar and buffet area. My other experience was in 9099 during a TA. The complaints about the noise were valid as anytime there was a band playing on deck you would hear it in the room. Chair scraping and heavy footed people could also be heard. Some of the deck 9 Aqua rooms are far enough on one end of the ship or the other to be away from the pool deck. I would do that again if I was going to book a deck 9 Aqua. On the other hand, if you like sun at all coming onto your balcony, don't book a deck 9 Aqua as the deck 10 overhang is extensive.

We have booked 1111 and 1113 for June on Millennium in Alaska. Can people who are Aqua eat in the MDR with others in our group who are not Aqua? Also, we were not required to pay tips in advance, even with open seating. Is that standard with Aqua class? How are the Persian Gardens on the Millennium.

We have booked 1111 and 1113 for June on Millennium in Alaska. Can people who are Aqua eat in the MDR with others in our group who are not Aqua? Also, we were not required to pay tips in advance, even with open seating. Is that standard with Aqua class? How are the Persian Gardens on the Millennium.

Only Aqua class and suite Passengers and dine in Aqua...period. This is strictly enforced. You do not need to pay tips in advance if you are in Aqua...that's normal for Aqua class.

Can people who are Aqua eat in the MDR with others in our group who are not Aqua?

Only Aqua class and suite Passengers and dine in Aqua...period. This is strictly enforced.

While it's true that only Aqua and suite guests can dine in BLU, I believe the reverse is allowed. We were told if we wanted to eat in the MDR we should speak to the BLU maître d' to arrange it.

While it's true that only Aqua and suite guests can dine in BLU, I believe the reverse is allowed. We were told if we wanted to eat in the MDR we should speak to the BLU maître d' to arrange it.

Thank you Cindy, for answering my question! :)