Millenium - Deck 11 Aqua Class Cabins ?

poolwife

Can someone explain to me why I should bring a bungee cord and duck tape for my cruise in my Aqua Class cabin in Alaska in June?

Got it - pack a bungee and and some duct tape. :D I do like to be prepared.

That advice was given by ghstudio in another thread that he pointed me too. If you have a deck 11 Aqua cabin the motion of the ship is more pronounced on that deck and the balcony door will not stay shut while you are on the balcony (bungee cord), there was also mention of various drawers and doors that might swing (duck tape)

We will be on deck 9 in Aqua Class (Millennium) this coming June ---- what complaints have you heard?

We were on Deck 9 Connie...midships, apparently right under where the DJ plays too loud with alot of bass and with the banging drums. Folks dance, do Zumba etc...The cabin vibrated so much during saikaway, we immediately requested and were given another room...further from midships but much quieter. It was a hassle to move but worth it....

Cabin was 9105..not sure if same numbers on Millie..avoid if you do not want noise...ok if you will be up there partying!

Edited by hcat

We will be on deck 9 in Aqua Class (Millennium) this coming June ---- what complaints have you heard?

Other than the cabin we loved AQ and Blu on Connie...nice layout. And the Solarium T pool

Edited by hcat

We were on Deck 9 Connie...midships, apparently right under where the DJ plays too loud with alot of bass and with the banging drums. Folks dance, do Zumba etc...The cabin vibrated so much during saikaway, we immediately requested and were given another room...further from midships but much quieter. It was a hassle to move but worth it....

Cabin was 9105..not sure if same numbers on Millie..avoid if you do not want noise...ok if you will be up there partying!

Thanks for the information, I appreciate it. We are in cabin 9102 on the Millennium and doing Alaska --- doesn't appear that we will be impacted by the same type of noise from Deck 10 -- keeping fingers crossed that all goes well with our cabin.

• 2 months later...
Gracelady,

I'll be in cabin 1113 on Summit next spring, and wondering if the sofa makes a bed.

Any chance you can try and stick this in back of your mind and try to determine this?

So far, you've asked this question or similar on three threads....

Perhaps it would be wise to notify the charter operator of the issue because you may not be the only one effected. Let them try to work with Celebrity to see if anyone knows which sofas are real sofa beds and which aren't. Not sure that anyone in Celebrity will know and it's doubtful that they'll take the time to contact the ship and have someone try each one. It's actually likely that even if you find someone who stayed in that cabin, they never tried the sofa bed.

My guess....you're rolling the dice...but the odds are with you that you'll be OK. If not, I guess one of you will be sleeping on the veranda or a portable cot.

Edited by ghstudio

So far, you've asked this question or similar on three threads....

look for several others to come tonight as well. Feel free to look past them, now that you know.

I'm using forum search or "1113" to find threads that are specific to Summit, hoping someone whose posted in those will reply with specific knowledge.

Your best bet is if you know the michael's club concierge currently on the ship (since you normally book a suite) and ask if they could personally check for you. Other than that, I think you're going to be frustrated because it would be a miracle if you found someone who had that room and actually checked the sofa. Talk about needles in a haystack....

Your best bet is if you know the michael's club concierge currently on the ship (since you normally book a suite) and ask if they could personally check for you. Other than that, I think you're going to be frustrated because it would be a miracle if you found someone who had that room and actually checked the sofa. Talk about needles in a haystack....
Another possibility: since all those deck 11 aqua cabins were added to the Summit at the same time (as also done for the other M-class ships at the time that they were solsticized) and since they all appear to have the same configuration on the deck plans, there is a good likelihood that they will have the same type of sofa, (unless some of the sofas needed to be replaced).

Therefore, by posting the question on the Summit roll calls for a number of upcoming cruises shortly before the beginning of each cruise, there should be a good chance that some of the people who read it will be staying in a deck 11 aqua cabin (even if not that specific one) and will be willing to check out the comfort of the sofa and report back.

Edited by varoo

I thought th deck plan showed which cabins were for three. But of course AQ cabins were designed for only two.

Jane...we will also be making choices soon as to if the much higher than normal suite is worth the extra charge over AQ.

So they must have changed up the concierge emails. I had one from the Summit concierge from January, and the address is no longer valid.

They used to be generic involving the ships/ 2 letter code. Wonder if they have now personalized them...?

I think the MC concierge maybe your best bet to know specifically about that cabin on the Summit Curt. Didn't Jenna just get off the ship? She maybe able to help you. Sometimes a post to the current roll call may bring results as well.

The last I used was SM_Michaels'sClubConcierge@celebritycruises.com, it's probably as outdated as yours.

sm_michael'sclubconcierge@celebrity.com is what I had. I'l add the "cruises" to it and see!

EDIT: it also bounced back as undeliverable :-(

EDIT AGAIN: just noticed your email had duplicated the S SM_Michaels'sClubConcierge@celebritycruises.com so trying without one of those s's

EDIT YET AGAIN: it bounced too., now trying without the apostrophe. SO FAR NO IMMEDIATE BOUNCE BACK LIKE THE REST.... sent to SM_MichaelsClubConcierge@celebritycruises.com - 'cut and pasted' this to ensure accuracy...

Edited by cle-guy