LIVE from the Freedom of the Seas * Feb 15, 2015 * Western Caribbean!

ckrobyn

Ew!! :eek:

Not sure how a cushion would get cleaned after each sailing. I know what happens on a balcony and the first thing I do is Lysol those chairs when I arrive. Then again I also Lysol the lightswitches, remote, headboard, toilet, drawers, door handles, etc. Basicly I reclean the whole cabin as well as my kids before anything else happens.

BTW, thanks for your review.

Thanks Robyn I'm fine, I've just been driving 216 miles every other day back and forth to my daughters to house sit as they are having construction done on their house. When we cruised together, I had just learned my daughter was pregnant with her 1st child. Well Maddy turns 5 on Coco cay day and Sammy has just turned 3!!! They hope to have one more in the next 2 years, so they are finishing off another room on their house!

I can't wait to take the Grandkids on this cruise as I think they will be in owe of how big it is!!!

Cheryl

How to tell if you are a cruise-a-holic 101: when you talk about your grandkids birthday dates by ports of call days LOL

I too would be unhappy. We have always enjoyed the cushy loungers on our suite balcony. If they are removiong them as the get "unuseable" on a ship by ship basis then state it that way, just do not say it is fleet wide policy. Customer's are very savy, and photo is the proof.

I suspect they got new loungers after dry dock that had no cushions and then added the "new policy" of no cushions.;) It is not Rahul's fault, but who do you look to for answers???

If I were spending that much on a room I would certainly expect cushions!!!

I suspect they'll magically return after some customer complaints.

Agreed. Rahul our Concierge had told me they got rid of all pads for the suite loungers fleet wide, and now I see this simply isn't true. I'm going to take the picture to Rahul and ask nicely for a better explanation. The bee is in my bonnet now, and we know there has been enough bees this cruise lol! [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't blame you, rattan by itself is not comfortable for any long term lounging.

I sailed on the Oasis, b2b, in January, in two adjacent GS cabins and both had comfortable cushions on the loungers. Have GS suites booked on the Allure for upcoming b2b. Sure hope the cushions are there then. I'm eager to hear if you obtain some resolution or honest response to this issue.

Thank you for this review. It has been a real treat to follow along.:)

I can see my hump cabin in your first photo!!!!! 16 days and i'll be in it!!!!!!

Another great place for lunch in Cozumel is Ponchos Backyard! It is at the very end of the pier shopping area and they make the best Margaritas!!!!! There is a cute little gift shop attached and if you make a purchase in it, you get a free dessert in Ponchos!

Also, Diamond International has free wifi!!!!! You can sit in a comfy little waiting area and use it!

Enjoy your day, it's a balmy 10 F here in SC!!!! :eek: :rolleyes:

Cheryl

Have thoroughly enjoyed your report so far. Freedom is our favorite ship, and we're sailing her again end of summer.

If you happen to be around the sports desk, I'd love to know who is the sports staff manager and who's working there now. Not sure if their contracts will last until late August, but we've made friends with some of the staff (my boys spend most of their time up on the flowrider and rock wall) and it would be nice to see familiar faces.

Looking forward to the last few days.

How to tell if you are a cruise-a-holic 101: when you talk about your grandkids birthday dates by ports of call days LOL

Thanks Robyn I'm fine, I've just been driving 216 miles every other day back and forth to my daughters to house sit as they are having construction done on their house. When we cruised together, I had just learned my daughter was pregnant with her 1st child. Well Maddy turns 5 on Coco cay day and Sammy has just turned 3!!! They hope to have one more in the next 2 years, so they are finishing off another room on their house!

I can't wait to take the Grandkids on this cruise as I think they will be in owe of how big it is!!!

Cheryl

LOL Badger!!!!! Yes, I am a cruise a holic!!!!!! BTW that was awe not owe as my auto correct insisted on!

Cheryl

Another great place for lunch in Cozumel is Ponchos Backyard! It is at the very end of the pier shopping area and they make the best Margaritas!!!!! There is a cute little gift shop attached and if you make a purchase in it, you get a free dessert in Ponchos!

Cheryl

We plan to eat at the original one, if possible, which is a ways north of the Punta Langosta pier. Is that the one you're talking about? I've heard there is a second one, but I thought it was at the Puerta Maya pier, which is Carnival's area. Is there something besides that original restaurant that is accessible to RCI passengers?

I can see my hump cabin in your first photo!!!!! 16 days and i'll be in it!!!!!!

Also, Diamond International has free wifi!!!!! You can sit in a comfy little waiting area and use it!

Enjoy your day, it's a balmy 10 F here in SC!!!! :eek: :rolleyes:

Cheryl

We love Pancho's Backyard! After a great lunch served with a couple large beers, I'm set to endure my wife's shopping spree! :D

We plan to eat at the original one, if possible, which is a ways north of the Punta Langosta pier. Is that the one you're talking about? I've heard there is a second one, but I thought it was at the Puerta Maya pier, which is Carnival's area. Is there something besides that original restaurant that is accessible to RCI passengers?

Yes, that's the Ponchos! We ate there in September when we cruised in on Princess! I believe it was Adventure of the Seas sitting next to us, it definitely wasn't a Carnival Ship. We walked thru a huge air conditioned shopping center which BTW had the best liquor prices at the area where one first walks in and then out to little stores and DI. Bear left and walk down the path to Ponchos!

There are usually 2 show times, for the early and late dinner seatings. The times are 7 and 9pm. Cutting it very close on both ends if you have late seating! Dining times are 5:30pm and 8pm.

Thank you for the times. We have My Time Dining so helps me plan the first night reservation. Glad to hear the weather is better. Enjoy the rest of your cruise. Have enjoyed your pictures and reading about your cruise.

Good Morning Bestie!!

I'm glad you have sailed into some sunshine and calm seas! I saw the pic that Junior posted of the human canoe. OMG, what a riot!! Fun, Fun!!

I would be a little peeved about the blue loungers as well. Kind of reminds me of the story we heard on the Liberty about the egg crates.

The weather here is just ridiculous, - 23C this morning in RH, -32C with winchill. At least it says it is going to be a high of -6C on Sunday with sunshine, lucky you.:rolleyes:

Enjoy your day in sunny Mexico! Don't let DH & DD dehydrate and starve.:D

Hey BFF [emoji2]

The human canoe was part of the quest last night, Talia (DD) for those wondering, loved it!

No worries about the weather when we come back, I will start my countdown to Orlando in May [emoji295]️

Back onboard soaking up the sun we missed yesterday! No lunch on the island this time, the family wants windjammer [emoji15]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

Like there was another option??:D:D:rolleyes:

Robyn, thanks for all the wonderful pictures & review. Looking forward to our March 15 Freedom cruise so we can escape our harsh winter (-34 degrees Celcius in Sault Ontario this morning) How good has the onboard entertainment been, specifically the headliners?

Frank

We love Pancho's Backyard! After a great lunch served with a couple large beers, I'm set to endure my wife's shopping spree! :D

So I'm not the only one! (And I wouldn't have it any other way... get to do Cozumel twice this year and will love every second of it.) :)

Robyn, thanks for all the wonderful pictures & review. Looking forward to our March 15 Freedom cruise so we can escape our harsh winter (-34 degrees Celcius in Sault Ontario this morning) How good has the onboard entertainment been, specifically the headliners?

Frank

The entertainers have been pretty good. We don't see the RCI singers and dancers anymore in the shows Marquee and Once upon a Time - seen them multiple times over the years. The comedian this week was one of the best I have seen on any cruise.

Thanks for following and enjoy your cruise on this fabulous ship!

Have been watching along all week. As a soon to be first time cruiser on FOS 5/24 I have enjoyed reading along. Thanks for the time and all the pics.

You're welcome! I am enjoying this as much as everyone following along is [emoji3]

It hasn't interfered with my cruise, I carry my iPhone and use it whenever I like. I wanted to post regular updates because I know when I am at home following a Live I check all through the day for new posts and pictures!!!