Using my own "hut" at Coki and Sapphire

dom89

I have my own "hut" kind of thing to use at beaches. I would like to bring this with me on my cruise. The plan is to use it at beaches so that I don't have to rent chairs and umbrellas. I hate all kinds of confrontations so I would like to ask if the vendors at Coki and Sapphire would complain to me if I brought it along?

Also, I read that the vendors at Coki are like hawks and will try to get business from you as soon as you get out of the taxi. I also read somewhere that it used to be like that but no longer is. For those that have been there recently, how was your experience? Are you left alone if you want to? I will be bringing my own snacks and drinks. I just want to enjoy the beach and not purchase anything.

I don't think anyone will stop you but it would seem like a big pain in the butt to drag along a 'hut'. There is natural shade at Sapphire. Try bringing a sheet to lie on, it is easier to get the sand off after and doesn't soak up water the way towels do. Then your towel can act as a pillow.

Secret Harbor is a small, full service, resort beach. A hut would spoil the ambiance.

A hut would also block the cooling breezes, and most beaches have natural shade. Transportation is not reliable for couples wanting to go to less popular beaches.

I thought it was a reasonable question. I hate pushy vendors as well. You have me curious. What exactly is your hut? lol

This is it: http://mobile.walmart.com/ip/NEW-Skincom-Solartent-Easy-For-Two-Beach-Cover-Sun-UV-Shade-Tent-Canopy-Beige/39151141

We aren't flying for this cruise so I'm not worried about the weight and thought maybe I'd bring it along.

I have my own "hut" kind of thing to use at beaches. I would like to bring this with me on my cruise. The plan is to use it at beaches so that I don't have to rent chairs and umbrellas. I hate all kinds of confrontations so I would like to ask if the vendors at Coki and Sapphire would complain to me if I brought it along?

Also, I read that the vendors at Coki are like hawks and will try to get business from you as soon as you get out of the taxi. I also read somewhere that it used to be like that but no longer is. For those that have been there recently, how was your experience? Are you left alone if you want to? I will be bringing my own snacks and drinks. I just want to enjoy the beach and not purchase anything.

While all of the beaches are public your idea of using a hut is really way off the wall and is going to upset the vendors and more importantly all of the other people who are trying to enjoy the beach but who can't because you are blocking the view.

If you are so touchy that you can't tell a vendor no thanks then maybe you should reconsider going to a public beach at all.

While all of the beaches are public your idea of using a hut is really way off the wall and is going to upset the vendors and more importantly all of the other people who are trying to enjoy the beach but who can't because you are blocking the view.

If you are so touchy that you can't tell a vendor no thanks then maybe you should reconsider going to a public beach at all.

I wouldn't think twice about using it at a public United States beach. Don't often go to the Caribbean which is the reason I created this thread. Nothing wrong with trying to block the sun. It's not like it's a 6ft structure.

I wouldn't think twice about using it at a public United States beach. Don't often go to the Caribbean which is the reason I created this thread. Nothing wrong with trying to block the sun. It's not like it's a 6ft structure.

Posting the link did help understand the 'hut' thing, as I mentioned previously there is some pretty good shade at Sapphire so I still wouldn't bother, but each to their own.

This is it: http://mobile.walmart.com/ip/NEW-Skincom-Solartent-Easy-For-Two-Beach-Cover-Sun-UV-Shade-Tent-Canopy-Beige/39151141

We aren't flying for this cruise so I'm not worried about the weight and thought maybe I'd bring it along.

I think your "hut" looks awesome and completely similar to many structures I've seen on the beaches in Florida. If you're planning on having a few beach days where you'd use it and you're willing to lug it ..... I'd bring it for sure. Personally, I'd set up a bit down from the crowd so as not to block anyone's view. But I'd certainly bring it. :)

And I'm sure the vendors will cope just fine if you do! :rolleyes:

VI beaches are mostly shaded except at some resorts and those offer umbrellas for their guests. You can rent umbrellas at Coki and Emerald Beach but you only need one if you get there too late to get a shady spot.

You may need it at other Caribbean beaches.