Scale in Stateroom

heidik

I thought I saw a thread on this, but can't find it now......I know that the scale in the bathroom in your stateroom is not accurate when the ship is moving - but did I read somewhere that it is also usually off by 5lbs (5lbs over)? Or was this subconscious wishful thinking on my part......I don't want to go to the gym to use the scale there, just wondering if anyone knows here if the bathroom scale can be relied on to show a true weight?:(

I thought I saw a thread on this, but can't find it now......I know that the scale in the bathroom in your stateroom is not accurate when the ship is moving - but did I read somewhere that it is also usually off by 5lbs (5lbs over)? Or was this subconscious wishful thinking on my part......I don't want to go to the gym to use the scale there, just wondering if anyone knows here if the bathroom scale can be relied on to show a true weight?:(

There's a scale in the bathroom??!!

Edited by patty1955

Weigh yourself at home then weigh yourself on the scale in the cabin. Add or subtract the difference and use that as your point of reference.

Yes, I did not think to do this until like Day 4 of this cruise.......by that time the scale was showing a weight gain of 10lbs!!! What??? I didn't even have a belgian waffle yet! So I decided to just track my weight by how my stateroom scale changes as I don't have anything to calibrate it (like a 5lb bag of flour or similar). I am hoping the scale is "over" and that when I return home to my usual scale, I will be pleasantly surprised.... :rolleyes:

Edited by heidik

There's one in Sky Suite 6132 (S1) on Constellation. I noticed it in Trickie Dickie's video tour.

You won't find me anywhere near it (I'm guessing I can get the stateroom attendant to remove it when they are emptying out the minibar fridge :D )

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2165177

And here's the link to the video. It's pretty early on.

We had one in the penthouse on the Summit in December. Did seem to start reading much higher as the cruise went along. We kidded it was part of the cost containment program, but it was correct. Easier to use than our luggage scale.