Off Site Parking at Port Canaveral

SkyMaster

In the past, I've always parked at "Park-n-Cruise", but every time I go, they change something else, and the lot gets busier, and busier. Now they do "valet parking', and keep your keys, and they also won't run their first shuttle to the ship, from the lot, until 11:30. I've always enjoyed parking there, but enough is enough. What OTHER off site parking for Port Canaveral have you tried, and what do you think of 'em? I'm open to suggestions! :confused:

"SKY"

Edited by SkyMaster
Correction

In the past, I've always parked at "Park-n-Cruise", but every time I go, they change something else, and the lot gets busier, and busier. Now they do "valet parking', and keep your keys, and they also won't run their first shuttle to the ship, from the lot, until 11:30. I've always enjoyed parking there, but enough is enough. What OTHER off site parking for Port Canaveral have you tried, and what do you think of 'em? I'm open to suggestions! :confused:

"SKY"

Park Port Canaveral......connected with The Radisson At The Port

Recent related thread with some comparisons between the two

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2098770

I also see some mixed reviews on park port Canaveral on yelp. Mainly due to the waiting for the shuttle and confusion on where to line up.

But here's the website.

http://www.parkportcanaveral.com/

Thanks guys. I'll look into those. I've noticed the shuttle, and line up for folks returning to the Radisson, and that doesn't look very promising, but maybe I just caught them on a bad day??? Park Port Canaveral looks interesting. Once again, thanks for the input.

"SKY"

the time restriction on the shuttles applies to ALL the shuttles

it is an attempt to control the ever growing "me first" crowd where too many people are arriving at the terminal WAY b4 boarding can begin. The fire marshal is enforcing maximum occupancy limits . . .

this attempt at a fix is imperfect but the bubble has burst...

Thanks guys. I'll look into those. I've noticed the shuttle, and line up for folks returning to the Radisson, and that doesn't look very promising, but maybe I just caught them on a bad day??? Park Port Canaveral looks interesting. Once again, thanks for the input.

"SKY"

We have stayed at the Radisson and used their shuttle numerous times and have always had a good experience. (Don't know if it would be different for non-hotel guests).

But as Capt said you could run into wait times with any of the shuttles.

I do hope you have a great cruise!!!

"SKY"

Count us in as another family that used Park n Cruise a lot over the years and now are looking for other alternatives. If you cruise RCL there are no shuttles during the lunch time. There is one at 11:30 and then not until 1pm.

We usually arrive during that times so we are looking elsewhere

Count us in as another family that used Park n Cruise a lot over the years and now are looking for other alternatives. If you cruise RCL there are no shuttles during the lunch time. There is one at 11:30 and then not until 1pm.

We usually arrive during that times so we are looking elsewhere

Yep, I used to always plan on arriving at the parking facility about 11, but my wife had the same experience as noted above with the BIG line up outside the gate, and no explanation? GEEEEZZZEEE, I hate when that happens. She too, waited it out, and finally got parked, and transported to the ship. I liked it when we pulled through the building, and parked our own car, and kept the keys in our pocket. :D Those were the good old days. ;)

"SKY"

The only good change is now they pull your car out and have it ready for you.

We were there at Christmas and they must have also cut back on staff and shuttles. This time the shuttle went to all 3 terminals.

Every other time we have been there they had separate shuttles for each cruise line

Yep, I used to always plan on arriving at the parking facility about 11, but my wife had the same experience as noted above with the BIG line up outside the gate, and no explanation? GEEEEZZZEEE, I hate when that happens. She too, waited it out, and finally got parked, and transported to the ship. I liked it when we pulled through the building, and parked our own car, and kept the keys in our pocket. :D Those were the good old days. ;)

"SKY"

I read about that on another thread here somewhere- That stinks- I liked the good old days there as well. There was a very nice lady in charge then. I have not seen her lately.

Not sure what they have changed at Port Canaveral but the last three times we sailed from there we sat on a shuttle in a line of traffic for 30+ minutes just trying to inch our way to the drop off area.

We have been sailing from here since 2005 and have never experienced such delays until recently.

Whatever they changed traffic wise at the port sure isn't working!!!!!

Not sure what they have changed at Port Canaveral but the last three times we sailed from there we sat on a shuttle in a line of traffic for 30+ minutes just trying to inch our way to the drop off area.

We have been sailing from here since 2005 and have never experienced such delays until recently.

Whatever they changed traffic wise at the port sure isn't working!!!!!

I concur 100% about the WAIT, once in line to get to the gate to drop us off. That too, has gotten worse each and every time! You'd think, with the new terminals, and new parking garage, and new street pattern at the port, that it would get better, but it's just the opposite. Someone in "planning" certainly dropped the ball. Oh well, the cruises from Port Canaveral are EXCELLENT once aboard. :D

"SKY"

We had a very bad experience with Park N Cruise several years ago (.vehicle damaged upon return) so the next time in Port Canaveral we bit the bullet and parked at the pier garage. Yes more expensive, but oh so very easy, quick and no worries as we were in the covered garage.

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

Sky- off subject-- is that a 336 or 337?

She was a "straight leg" 336. Long gone now, but I had many a fun packed hour in that old bird. She'd go in, and out of almost anywhere, and if you could stuff in in the cabin, she'd fly with it. Weight and balance, not a big problem. ;)

"SKY"

We had a very bad experience with Park N Cruise several years ago (.vehicle damaged upon return) so the next time in Port Canaveral we bit the bullet and parked at the pier garage. Yes more expensive, but oh so very easy, quick and no worries as we were in the covered garage.

Sorry to hear that. I've parked at "Park-n-Cruise" probably 12 times, or more, and never had any damage, or problems, other than those mentioned above. I really hate leaving my keys with somebody, and the long lines, and wait times are starting to frustrate me. I'll probably try someone else next time. Don't have another one booked for Port Canaveral until August, so I've got plenty of time to figure it all out. Once again, thanks for the input.

"SKY"

We used them for our long term parking. They are right at the entrance to the port. We parked, unloaded our luggage with their help and they took care of our vehicle from that point forward. Made our reservation in advance and paid only $7.99 per day so from Sunday around 1 pm through the following Saturday before noon totaled $52 and some change. When we returned, caught the shuttle back, driver took us right to our vehicle, helped with the luggage and when we left, got free cold waters. Yes, the staff was very, very busy but all were courteous and helpful and the cost was a lot less than port parking. Of course, we did not come in a day early and stay in a hotel, we drove in that morning from St Augustine which is were we stayed pre-cruise for a couple of days so did not look for options that included hotel, parking and shuttle. Park'n'go on Eller Avenue, would highly recommend them. Vehicle was secure, even advertise free jump if needed ( hopefully not :)

Park'n'go on Eller Avenue, would highly recommend them. Vehicle was secure, even advertise free jump if needed ( hopefully not :)

Thanks for the info, but I think Park-n-Go on Eller Avenue is at Port Everglades. (Ft. Lauderdale) I agree that they offer excellent service, as I've used them a couple of times as well. I'm looking for a good alternative to port parking at Port Canaveral. Hope to see you aboard one of these days. ;)

"SKY"