Caribbean aft oceanview cabins R747, R748, R749 or R750

metairiegal

I've stayed in R756 on the CB. My only complaint was the vibration from the ship's engines, especially at night. There were several nights we couldn't sleep because of it. Some are less sensitive to that type of thing, though, and it doesn't bother them. The views were great but I wouldn't book an aft cabin again on the CB for the vibration thing alone.

I just came back from a B2B2B on Caribbean Princess. I wasn't on Riviera Deck for any portion, but I had 3 different aft cabins (2 on Baja and 1 on Emerald). Loved them all.

One of my Baja cabins had the "dreaded beam". No big deal...other than that I kicked it once or twice. There was still plenty of room for the 2 chairs and a table.

The other Baja cabin was next to the "dreaded vent". I never smelled anything sour or off coming from the vent, and the noise from it was nothing that I noticed, either.

My Emerald cabin had a beam off to one side of it, and I had footstools as well as chairs and a small table.

There was some vibration when docking/undocking, but other than that, nothing that was very noticeable, and certainly nothing that was a bother.

I had a fantastic 2 weeks!

I just came back from a B2B2B on Caribbean Princess. I wasn't on Riviera Deck for any portion, but I had 3 different aft cabins (2 on Baja and 1 on Emerald). Loved them all.

One of my Baja cabins had the "dreaded beam". No big deal...other than that I kicked it once or twice. There was still plenty of room for the 2 chairs and a table.

The other Baja cabin was next to the "dreaded vent". I never smelled anything sour or off coming from the vent, and the noise from it was nothing that I noticed, either.

My Emerald cabin had a beam off to one side of it, and I had footstools as well as chairs and a small table.

There was some vibration when docking/undocking, but other than that, nothing that was very noticeable, and certainly nothing that was a bother.

I had a fantastic 2 weeks!

What is this dread vent you are talking about. We are on the crown in B757 a rear view balcony. I knew about some beams but not a vent.

OP here. My question is about the aft window / oceanview cabins. Not the aft balcony cabins.

There are 4 window aft cabins that I was wondering about: Riviera deck 14 - R747, R748, R749 or R750.

So beams and vents aren't a concern. Vibrations are another matter! Is it really bad that high up?

And is it easy access from the window cabins to the pool area?

OP here. My question is about the aft window / oceanview cabins. Not the aft balcony cabins.

There are 4 window aft cabins that I was wondering about: Riviera deck 14 - R747, R748, R749 or R750.

So beams and vents aren't a concern. Vibrations are another matter! Is it really bad that high up?

And is it easy access from the window cabins to the pool area?

I know you were asking about Riviera oceanview, but as you hadn't had much in the way of answers, I figured I could at least state that, for me, on both Baja and Emerald, there weren't any noticeable vibrations. So that's slightly lower and much lower down, at least for comparison.

And yes, there is easy access to the pool from those cabins. Just out the door and up half a flight of stairs, and you're there. I've stayed in one of those cabins on another ship and absolutely loved it.

As to what the "dreaded vent" is (for he who asked)...on Baja, between B756 and B757, there is a vent. Some people swear that they get a horrible odor and noise from the vent, especially when in port, and that they'd far rather have a "dreaded beam" on their balcony than be next to it. (And sorry if you think I'm hijacking your post...really not trying to! :D )

I know you were asking about Riviera oceanview, but as you hadn't had much in the way of answers, I figured I could at least state that, for me, on both Baja and Emerald, there weren't any noticeable vibrations. So that's slightly lower and much lower down, at least for comparison.

And yes, there is easy access to the pool from those cabins. Just out the door and up half a flight of stairs, and you're there. I've stayed in one of those cabins on another ship and absolutely loved it.

As to what the "dreaded vent" is (for he who asked)...on Baja, between B756 and B757, there is a vent. Some people swear that they get a horrible odor and noise from the vent, especially when in port, and that they'd far rather have a "dreaded beam" on their balcony than be next to it. (And sorry if you think I'm hijacking your post...really not trying to! :D )

No, no problem. Thanks for the info, much appreciated! :)

After going back and forth for awhile, we had to make our decision yesterday to book and not lose our BVE credits.

This thread helped and so did others that I found thru search. In the end, we decided against the aft cabins. Do not want to chance any problems with vibrations. I think it was another thread that several people said vibrations were a problem and one person said the vibrations were a deal breaker, they would never book aft again. I tend to be sensitive to those things. And, plus, my gut was telling me this in the 1st place.

Sooooo, we booked an window (balconies are sold out on our date) on deck 5, close to the atrium and international café. We're happy with it.

Thanks to everybody for the great info!

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I think you will be glad you did not get an aft facing balcony. I was "upgraded" to a Premium Deluxe Balcony on the Regal and hated it. It was very tiny and he vibration was awful most nights. I didn't notice any smoke or ash or smells, but the location was not good, nor was the cabin. I'll book a midship balcony and keep it next time.

I think you will be glad you did not get an aft facing balcony. I was "upgraded" to a Premium Deluxe Balcony on the Regal and hated it. It was very tiny and he vibration was awful most nights. I didn't notice any smoke or ash or smells, but the location was not good, nor was the cabin. I'll book a midship balcony and keep it next time.

You either love an aft or don't. ;)

Since no one on here seems to know the answer, try googling "Caribbean Princess R747" and each subsequent room # to see if there are any old threads about these rooms. I've looked into them before, and I know they seem to book up quite early. They seem cool. Surely there are pics online. Good luck!

Wondering if anyone has stayed in the Caribbean Princess aft oceanview cabins on Riviera deck 14 - R747, R748, R749 or R750?

Any pros/cons?

I was in the equivalent of R749 on another Princess ship.

Great location with no problems. Very quiet as nobody walks past your cabin. Convenient access to the outside and to the buffet one deck up.