Beverages and Beverage Packages FAQ

ailetoile

Thanks for the information. Very helpful. We have the Classic package included in our booking with gratuities. How would that work if we upgrade to Premium? I know we would pay the additional $10-11 per person/per day but would we only pay taxes and gratuities on just the upgraded portion? Would that get complicated? I have also read on these boards that if you purchase a higher priced drink, you don't just pay the difference. You actually have to pay for the entire drink.

Gratuities on upgrade: You only pay the gratuities on the upgrade price.

Buying drink above package limit: For classic package you pay for the entire drink price, but for premium package you only pay the amount over the premium package limit. In other words the classic package does not have any benefit towards drinks above the limit but the premium package does.

Thanks for the information. Very helpful. We have the Classic package included in our booking with gratuities. How would that work if we upgrade to Premium? I know we would pay the additional $10-11 per person/per day but would we only pay taxes and gratuities on just the upgraded portion? Would that get complicated? I have also read on these boards that if you purchase a higher priced drink, you don't just pay the difference. You actually have to pay for the entire drink.

This is why many spend the $11.80 per day to upgrade to the Premium pkg.

Here are the Classic limits:

Throughout your cruise, choose from beers up to $6 per serving, spirits, cocktails, liqueurs and frozen drinksup to $8 per serving, and wine-by-the-glass up to $9 per serving.

If we order a drink over these limits, we paid for the entire cost, whereas with the Premium pkg we only paid the difference in the cost and the limit.

The 18% grat is included, we only add something above if we felt the service was worth it.

The pre-paid grats have nothing to do with the Bev pkg's, as they go to the cabin/dinning room staff.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Great thread! Many thanks to the OP and everyone else who has contributed.

What brands of soda are available on board?

Per the Celebrity website, the following brands of soft drink should be available on board: Coke, Diet Coke, Caffeine Free Diet Coke, Coke Zero, Sprite, Sprite Zero, Seagram's Tonic Water, Canada Dry club soda, Barq's Root Beer, and Fanta.

My question: Is ginger ale available? Seagram's or Canada Dry? My family is picky. :rolleyes:

Great thread! Many thanks to the OP and everyone else who has contributed.

My question: Is ginger ale available? Seagram's or Canada Dry? My family is picky. :rolleyes:

I was on the Solstice in September and had ginger ale a couple of times...they were serving Seagrams at that time, didn't see any Canada Dry but it could be on different ships? CD is what's usually available here, I didn't even know Seagrams made ginger ale! Enjoy your cruise!

Cathy

Just looking at the Celeb site this morning....Classic drink package is now $58.41 per day, plus 18% comes to $68.92, per day per person.

Premium is $69.03 per day plus 18% comes to $81.45 per day per person.

Upgrade comes to $12.53 per day per person.

Must be because of all those "free"drink packages being handed out!

Just looking at the Celeb site this morning....Classic drink package is now $58.41 per day, plus 18% comes to $68.92, per day per person.

Premium is $69.03 per day plus 18% comes to $81.45 per day per person.

Upgrade comes to $12.53 per day per person.

Must be because of all those "free"drink packages being handed out!

Unless they've changed something the prices shown $58.41 and 69.03 (didn't check, but I trust you) include the gratuity. I know the page says that gratuities will be added when you check out, but that's just the normal lack of proof reading that we've all come to expect on the Celebrity Web site.

I haven't tried to check out that way since we have free classic drink package but I'd bet you are not double charged for gratuities....and the upgrade is still $10 plus 18% or $11.80 per day.

Edited by ghstudio

Unless they've changed something the prices shown $58.41 and 69.03 (didn't check, but I trust you) include the gratuity. I know the page says that gratuities will be added when you check out, but that's just the normal lack of proof reading that we've all come to expect on the Celebrity Web site.

I haven't tried to check out that way since we have free classic drink package but I'd bet you are not double charged for gratuities....and the upgrade is still $10 plus 18% or $11.80 per day.

Thanks! I didn't realize the price included the tip already. :)

Is Florida state sales tax applied to beverage package purchased on the ship while docked at the pier prior to sailing from the Florida ports?

Only to drinks purchased and consumed in port. Because of the way beverage package drinks are billed, they're usually exempt.

Are the Cocktail or drink of the day included in the Classic package ?

If it's $8 or less, it's included. Generally, it's over $8, so not included in the Classic package.

In case you were not aware, the "Drink of the Day" is not covered by the Classic Package, regardless of the price of the drink being below the $8 per drink limit.

If you see the flyers on the table tops or bar counter, pick it up and read it closely. In small print you will see that the Drink of the Day is only covered by the Premium Package.

Is Florida state sales tax applied to beverage package purchased on the ship while docked at the pier prior to sailing from the Florida ports?

This is a sticky point.

Make sure when you purchase the package that you ask the person you buy it from WHEN they will turn in the ticket.

We bought it from a bartender we knew who promised to hold onto it until later that evening when we were well into International waters (and she did just that).

In case you were not aware, the "Drink of the Day" is not covered by the Classic Package, regardless of the price of the drink being below the $8 per drink limit.

If you see the flyers on the table tops or bar counter, pick it up and read it closely. In small print you will see that the Drink of the Day is only covered by the Premium Package.

All I want to do is drink fruity drinks like margaritas and mojitos and strawberry daiquiris and the yummy frozen drinks - I asked before on here and the response was that unless I wanted to upgrade the alcohol brand, that I would be just fine with the classic package - but you just said the opposite.

I am so confused!

There are margaritas and other fruity drinks covered by the classic package. There are also fruity drinks not covered by the classic package, such as margaritas with high end tequila. The "drink of the day" is often a fruity drink, but is not covered under the Classic Beverage Package

There are margaritas and other fruity drinks covered by the classic package. There are also fruity drinks not covered by the classic package, such as margaritas with high end tequila. The "drink of the day" is often a fruity drink, but is not covered under the Classic Beverage Package

I thought others said the drink of the day WAS included....:confused:

I guess I'll just wait and see when I get on board. I give up!

All I want to do is drink fruity drinks like margaritas and mojitos and strawberry daiquiris and the yummy frozen drinks - I asked before on here and the response was that unless I wanted to upgrade the alcohol brand, that I would be just fine with the classic package - but you just said the opposite.

I am so confused!

bubbadogmom -

My post was specific to the "special drink of the day". Whatever that drink is, it won't be covered by the Classic Package. However, you are able to get any other type of drink covered as long as the price is $8 (or less) and the alcohol is not specifically considered a Premium label. Hope this provides the clarification you were looking for.

Happy Sailing!

That's crappy. Sometimes I love the drink of the day. I think it's sad that you'd have to upgrade to premium in order to get the "drink of the day".

I know they want to make more $$ but it seems that it would exclude so many people. I feel bad for the bartenders and servers then that would have to explain over and over again that "your package isn't good enough" to qualify for the drink that they've advertised on every persons daily.

bubbadogmom -

My post was specific to the "special drink of the day". Whatever that drink is, it won't be covered by the Classic Package. However, you are able to get any other type of drink covered as long as the price is $8 (or less) and the alcohol is not specifically considered a Premium label. Hope this provides the clarification you were looking for.

Happy Sailing!

So this is wrong then?

Look at the upper left hand corner

\https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3665/19513524031_b0f18e7632_b.jpg

More confused than ever.

That's crappy. Sometimes I love the drink of the day. I think it's sad that you'd have to upgrade to premium in order to get the "drink of the day".

I know they want to make more $$ but it seems that it would exclude so many people. I feel bad for the bartenders and servers then that would have to explain over and over again that "your package isn't good enough" to qualify for the drink that they've advertised on every persons daily.

Sorry to see that you are disappointed but this exclusion has been in place for many years.