Celebrating Retirement

geomapper

Mention in your cruise personalizer that you are celebrating your retirement. Paul is right, it might not be a big deal for them, and they may only put some balloons on your door, but what the heck.

Celebrate a great occasion!

Enjoy your first cruise as a retired person :)

Counting down the days.

In the cruise personalizer you can go to "guest check in" and at the bottom of the page you can select a special occasion. One of the list is Retirement, so go for it!

That means you get balloons and a sign on the cabin door on the day you select and a voucher for a cake you can use in the MDR.

When I retired 6 years ago (wow, has it been that long?!?), we went on a "Retirement Cruise" on the Sapphire Princess. I went to the Cruise Personalizer before we left home and checked off Retirement under Special Occasions. One day during the cruise there were balloons outside our cabin door and a card to give to the Maitre'd in the dining room. I did that and during the meal the head waiter, along with our waiter and assistant waiter came over with a small cake and shook my hand and wished me a happy retirement. It was very nice. Here's a photo of the cake I got:

3910323867_8797896e25_z.jpg

Congratulations on your retirement! I went about 10 years ago at about 44 due to several back surgeries. I did work since I was 15 though lol. Hubby started at his career at age 17 and one of the perks of his job is retirement at 55. He has two more years to go and I cannot wait. The best part of our life is yet to come..

Have a wonderful cruise!

Jo

As mentioned go the your cruise personalizer and check retirement. It is very nice of Princess to recognize retirements. I retired 10 years ago when the company was about to have a 10% layoff and offered an incentive to volunteer which translated into money. I have never looked back and am enjoying my retirement doing volunteer work here. You will enjoy the time and wonder how you ever had time to work.

Do put it on your personalized cruiser. We are celebrating my parents 60th anniversary but we had 1st plan the cruise by our selves to celebrate 35 years my husband has been with the company. Long time but still too young to retire. But it is our celebration time and I always say go for it !

In the cruise personalizer you can go to "guest check in" and at the bottom of the page you can select a special occasion. One of the list is Retirement, so go for it!

That means you get balloons and a sign on the cabin door on the day you select and a voucher for a cake you can use in the MDR.

I celebrated retirement on our cruise last month on The Regal. Things must have changed.... No sign, no balloons but I did get a cake voucher :)

When my husband took early retirement, the argument he used to overcome my ambivalence was, "Well, we'll be able to go on more cruises." Considering how much we've spent on Princess since then, they bloody well should have celebrated his retirement.

I celebrated retirement on our cruise last month on The Regal. Things must have changed.... No sign, no balloons but I did get a cake voucher :)

Congratulations to all the retirees. We did a retirement cruise last November and I noted it in the Personalizer as others have mentioned.

DH got a nice card "signed" by the captain and a voucher for a chocolate cake. I thought we would get balloons by the door, and when they did not materialize, I asked our steward. He quickly got 2 balloons for us. Was not able to get a "Happy Retirement" poster for the door, but I'm sure you could take one yourself and put it on the door.

Have a wonderful cruise.

When my husband took early retirement, the argument he used to overcome my ambivalence was, "Well, we'll be able to go on more cruises." Considering how much we've spent on Princess since then, they bloody well should have celebrated his retirement.

Lol. I loved this when I read it! I am pretty sure my hubby has this in the back of his mind..I have the next 15 cruises planned. You only live once!! Doesn't mean you have to be crazy but enjoy !!!

Last cruise, my Dh and I were actually scolded by this gent who was about 20 years older than us that we were too young to be retired or to be close to retirement...lol. You know , in my life we have lost so many people that if you possibly can and you want to and you can afford it.... Why not!!!!

Jo

Lol. I loved this when I read it! I am pretty sure my hubby has this in the back of his mind..I have the next 15 cruises planned. You only live once!! Doesn't mean you have to be crazy but enjoy !!!

Last cruise, my Dh and I were actually scolded by this gent who was about 20 years older than us that we were too young to be retired or to be close to retirement...lol. You know , in my life we have lost so many people that if you possibly can and you want to and you can afford it.... Why not!!!!

Jo

Love your post and your attitude. Life is too short and you never know what is coming around the corner.......enjoy every day. :)

Jo

I agree with you. Amen.