Allure Dry Dock plans 2015

Don't want to push this thread too far sideways, but for Steamboats and Bob, who seem to be RCI regulars, and for someone standing on the outside (me), do you think some of the problems RCI has had with Dynamic Dining is their attempt to phase this in, rather than either building or upgrading a ship to the concept completely, and just diving in wholeheartedly from the beginning? This is sure what it seems to me.

I have no direct experience with Dynamic Dining, so I'll defer to some of the folks here that have been on Quantum. I'm still trying to figure out the problem that DD was expected to solve.:confused:

I have no direct experience with Dynamic Dining, so I'll defer to some of the folks here that have been on Quantum. I'm still trying to figure out the problem that DD was expected to solve.:confused:

My feeling, and again, I'm an outsider, was that it was looked at as a way to relieve the complaints of too many not getting the MTD (or ATD) that they wanted, and were sort of heading the NCL Freestyle way, as their market analysis showed the trend was for this.

Looks like they are getting DD "under control". I read several reports of the recent Quantum cruise that there were no lines anymore and that there weren´t any problems to get a table. Let´s hope this is true!

Anyway with the Classic option those who like traditional dining should be o.k. too (like me).

steamboats

I noticed that mama mia is no longer on the site too. there's no broadway show present at all. i think this is poor planning on their part. i hope its resolved soon because i'm always proactive booking all shows. and now the longer they wait to put it back on the site to reserve, the harder it will be to book a show/date/time of your choosing before it all sells out.

Thanks. I'll stay tuned & try to be patient.

Periodically check Royal's website and look at Allure's deck plans. If you start seeing 2 sets (before and after) you know you can get some idea. I had the last ocean view balcony on deck 12 back in 2013. I would miss not having access to the public balcony, but I do recognize it was under utilized space.

When will mamma mia be showing on the allure?? i embark on 5/31/15 and there's no broadway show on the website at all (not chicago or mamma mia)

Someone posted on another thread that it's coming Jun 14, 2015

post #104

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2114413&page=6

...not sure what is playing before then (i.e. inbetween Chicago and Mamma Mia)

Here is a link (but it's not in English)

http://www.royalcaribbean.no/upload/Agent/Sweden/Allure%20i%20Medelhavet.pdf

Edited by LuCruise

Someone posted on another thread that it's coming Jun 14, 2015

post #104

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2114413&page=6

...not sure what is playing before then (i.e. inbetween Chicago and Mamma Mia)

Here is a link (but it's not in English)

http://www.royalcaribbean.no/upload/Agent/Sweden/Allure%20i%20Medelhavet.pdf

We sail June 4th and there is no Broadway show listed at all.

We sail June 4th and there is no Broadway show listed at all.

That seems odd that there would be a few inbetween cruises with no show.

I do hope that they have something for you.

For reference, anyone able to book shows who are sailing Jun 14th or later?

When Oasis was built, the outlets in the cabins were put underneath the desk. On Allure, we noticed the outlets in the same location were covered with metal plates, when the location of the outlets was moved to the top.

Leaving no room to plug in devices that had larger power supplies like camera battery charging bricks. There were very limiting to say the least. Under the desk would have worked better for us. Will learn from this though and bring a shot cord to extend the outlets if not confiscated.

That seems odd that there would be a few inbetween cruises with no show.

I do hope that they have something for you.

Yes, they have headliner shows listed nearly every night... but you can only book one and you don´t know which night has a different headliner.

I also find it pretty odd that we won´t have any Broadway Show. There is a trained cast (from the Quantum), the stage settings should have been changed already. Sure they might need some rehearsals but even on the Oasis TA right after dry dock they did a soft opening by the end of the cruise with a completely new show (Cats) - piano only, no orchestra. They were able to perform Mamma Mia! on the Quantum on the very first day during the pre inaugural (I only had a chance to see 30 min and thought, no problem, I´m gonna see the full show on the Allure).

steamboats

Sailing June 18th (out of Rome) and nothing yet, but I'm not sure if I should expect to see anything prior to dry dock.

on Quantum now. DD isn't working so well. Some restaurants are over booked and give you beepers. service in restsurants very slow. Loved the Allure and Oasishope the powers that be don't ruin the Allure and her sister the oasis. Not so impressed with Quantum. Thought most quantum reviews could not be true. Unfortunately they are!

Edited by Cruise a holic

I have just got email from RCCL, Mamma Mia will not be scheduled on our cruise sail date- June 7th.

here is the e-mail:

"After consulting with our entertainment department, we have been informed that neither Chicago nor Mamma Mia! is scheduled for the June 7, 2015 sailing of the Allure of the Seas. Unfortunately, at this time we are not able to provide any additional information on the scheduling of these shows. We apologize for any disappointment this may cause".

I think that we should complain about this to RCCL, and RCCL should compensate us.

This is unacceptable that there will no Broadway show in our cruise and at the all cruise dates before our date.:mad:

We have paid the full amount for this cruise and we get less than other people that cruise from June 14th and forward.

Maybe mistakes was the wrong word to use. Remember that things might look good on paper, but that doesn't mean that it will work once they try to implement on board. Here is an example http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=45624743&postcount=2741

When Oasis was built, the outlets in the cabins were put underneath the desk. On Allure, we noticed the outlets in the same location were covered with metal plates, when the location of the outlets was moved to the top.

Thanks for the picture.

I have just got email from RCCL, Mamma Mia will not be scheduled on our cruise sail date- June 7th.

here is the e-mail:

"After consulting with our entertainment department, we have been informed that neither Chicago nor Mamma Mia! is scheduled for the June 7, 2015 sailing of the Allure of the Seas. Unfortunately, at this time we are not able to provide any additional information on the scheduling of these shows. We apologize for any disappointment this may cause".

I think that we should complain about this to RCCL, and RCCL should compensate us.

This is unacceptable that there will no Broadway show in our cruise and at the all cruise dates before our date.:mad:

We have paid the full amount for this cruise and we get less than other people that cruise from June 14th and forward.

After reading more than 20 posts in 4 threads on this topic...all sorts of conflicting information seems to be surfacing regarding the onboard shows.

Allure is scheduled for drydock in Spain about a month before your cruise...so information about what changes happen post-drydock are inconsistent via different communication channels.

Several sources stated Mamma Mia would begin post-drydock, while other sources simply said "we don't know for sure".

At this point...asking again perhaps 30 days before departure might render a more accurate answer.

• 4 weeks later...
After reading more than 20 posts in 4 threads on this topic...all sorts of conflicting information seems to be surfacing regarding the onboard shows.

Allure is scheduled for drydock in Spain about a month before your cruise...so information about what changes happen post-drydock are inconsistent via different communication channels.

Several sources stated Mamma Mia would begin post-drydock, while other sources simply said "we don't know for sure".

At this point...asking again perhaps 30 days before departure might render a more accurate answer.

cruising on allure May 24 no mamma mia but rather "tell me on a Sunday" never heard of it before....

We are sailing on Allure May 21st and when I clicked on my entertainment schedule I saw a Broadway show called "Tell me on a Sunday" which is a Broadway play by Andrew Lloyd Webber. It sounds interesting and I already booked the show. I am excited!!!

Tell Me on a Sunday is a musical with music by Andrew Lloyd Webber and lyrics by Don Black. A one-act song cycle, it tells the story of an ordinary English girl from Muswell Hill, who journeys to the United States in search of love. Wikipedia

• 3 weeks later...
With this dry dock do you think they will change or update any of the mattresses and replace them with new ones?

Mattress condition checks are done routinely anyway...so its likely that they'll check them in dry dock and replace defective/bad ones as normal when in any port.

In addition, I was told by a concierge on our last cruise that they have the install dates recorded in a database someplace...and plan for replacements based on age as well.

So the bottom line answer - likely some will be...but no idea how many.