Redeeming RC Visa reward points

BillOh

I'm having a small issue with redeeming my Visa Reward points this go around. I've done with at least 5 times for far and this is my first issue. I know the question comes up periodically, so I thought I'd share the process this time with you, and hopefully the results.

Years ago the first time I did this it was a laborious process. You can to call in to a number that wasn't easy to find, make your request verbally over the phone, have the certificates mailed to you. Then you had to fill out the forms with your personal info and sailing info and mail those into Royal Caribbean. Because of this process I always redeemed my points at least 90 days before sailing. Since this was a paperwork process I can tell, and was told by Royal, that they didn't do them in the order received, but by sailing date. As a result, there was no point in calling to verify your credits were applied until the week of the cruise. By then, if they weren't there you were SOL. Well, I assume you were that as I never had a problem.

I think it was my Allure cruise in 2013 where I used the new online process for the first time. It was painless. From memory (I will be the first to admit that my memory is questionable) I completed the request by selecting my reward and filling out my cruise info including reservation number. I then remember waiting a week and calling Crown and Anchor and verifying all my OBC was showing up properly. I think I did the exact same thing for my Jewel 2014 cruise as well, again No problems.

On Feb 6th, I went to the website again and selected my rewards. However, it did ask for my personal information, ship and sailing date, but didn't ask for a reservation ID. I found that odd, so I put my reservation ID in the comments box. Four days later my final payment was due and I called and made it verbally. At that time, my OBC wasn't showing. This weekend I went back to the website and verified the points were removed from my account. The odd thing is if you look at the site, there is no contact information for problems. I am confident I am at the right site because it had my confidential B of A information there. Its really odd there is no way to contact anyone for problems.

Today I called Crown and Anchor and their system is down, so I will try again tomorrow. I'll advise on the chance anyone is interested.

I

On Feb 6th, I went to the website again and selected my rewards. However, it did ask for my personal information, ship and sailing date, but didn't ask for a reservation ID. I found that odd, so I put my reservation ID in the comments box. Four days later my final payment was due and I called and made it verbally. At that time, my OBC wasn't showing. This weekend I went back to the website and verified the points were removed from my account. The odd thing is if you look at the site, there is no contact information for problems. I am confident I am at the right site because it had my confidential B of A information there. Its really odd there is no way to contact anyone for problems.

Today I called Crown and Anchor and their system is down, so I will try again tomorrow. I'll advise on the chance anyone is interested.

Putting your booking ID in the comments box is what you are supposed to do.

Since I will assume that you redeemed your points for your cruise coming up in 68 days, it is very possible that your OBC has not been added to your account yet.

Edited by cruisenfever

My OBC, when I redeem points, never show up till I get on board and even a day later sometimes. I have never been able to see if they were credited before that time. I always bring my receipt with me though just incase. I have never had a problem YET anyway. :)

Did you get the confirm email from the rewards people after completing your transaction? What problems are you having?

I'll check at home for that email, I think I got it, but need to verify. My problem right now is the points are gone, but no confirmation at Royal that they OBC has been applied. Cruise is still 68 days away, but previously it showed up by now.

Putting your booking ID in the comments box is what you are supposed to do.

Since I will assume that you redeemed your points for your cruise coming up in 68 days, it is very possible that your OBC has not been added to your account yet.

That is what I am hoping. I just remember the last two times being able to confirm that with Crown and Anchor. Will check again tomorrow.

My OBC, when I redeem points, never show up till I get on board and even a day later sometimes. I have never been able to see if they were credited before that time. I always bring my receipt with me though just incase. I have never had a problem YET anyway. :)

You can request a new Confirmation Invoice from RCI about 2 weeks prior to departure. Your OBC from redeeming Visa Points will be listed towards the bottom of the page under OnBoard Credits - Currency.

Edited by cruisenfever

Did you get the confirm email from the rewards people after completing your transaction? What problems are you having?

I put these confirmation letters in my cruise folder and take them with me

Back in Dec 2013 we got snowed in and had to miss the cruise (no insurance)-RC had to use the multiple BoA confirmations to move the OBC and cruise discounts to the new booking, otherwise we would have lost it.

Another time I hit 2015 instead of 2014 on the BoA website and with a week to go there was no OBC on my account. I called RC's C&A desk and using the confirmation sheet they were easily able to find it and apply it to the correct cruise.

One tip I've learned over the years is to put your reservation # in the comments section.

I'll check at home for that email, I think I got it, but need to verify. My problem right now is the points are gone, but no confirmation at Royal that they OBC has been applied. Cruise is still 68 days away, but previously it showed up by now.

The OBC will show up on Day 2 of the cruise. The new booking confirmation sheets now show OBC once it has been applied but they process the BoA Certificates in order of the cruises. Sometimes you won't see it till a few days before the cruise. As long as you take the certificate with you you won't have any problems

The OBC will show up on Day 2 of the cruise. The new booking confirmation sheets now show OBC once it has been applied but they process the BoA Certificates in order of the cruises. Sometimes you won't see it till a few days before the cruise. As long as you take the certificate with you you won't have any problems

There are no "certificates" when you redeem your Visa Points. They only thing that you can print out is the Confirmation email and take that with you as it will show your transaction number, date and number of points redeemed.

Anyone have the link to the website used to redeem? The last time I redeemed I went through the aforementioned laborious process:eek:

On the RCI Home Page under "All About Cruising" you will find the the link for the Visa Card. Once you click on that it will bring you to the rewards page and you will find this link Go to online redemption sit

You can call them at 888-305-4626. Like stated above, they apply them in order of sail date so it is possible that they have not yet applied them. I always copy the confirmation page online at the redemption website as I do not always get a confirmation email

Everyone puts so much faith in bringing paperwork with them. Several years ago when Celebrity was still using a co-branded card from BoA I redeemed for four $50 OBC's. Brought my paperwork with me. Only two showed up. The front desk copied my receipts and faxed them to Miami. Answer came back "no". We went round and round. It took 5 days, my TA getting involved and a VP at Royal to get it corrected. So you can understand how I'm skeptical when people say just bring your receipt and it will be fine.

Everyone puts so much faith in bringing paperwork with them. Several years ago when Celebrity was still using a co-branded card from BoA I redeemed for four $50 OBC's. Brought my paperwork with me. Only two showed up. The front desk copied my receipts and faxed them to Miami. Answer came back "no". We went round and round. It took 5 days, my TA getting involved and a VP at Royal to get it corrected. So you can understand how I'm skeptical when people say just bring your receipt and it will be fine.

Clint, last May while on Rhapsody some of our Visa points did not show up and I forgot the paperwork at home!! :o First time that's ever happened.

I went down to the Loyalty Ambassador and she looked up our booking number and she saw when the points had been redeemed and how many. She emailed C&A and within hours all missing OBC appeared. So there is a way if you forget your paperwork,

Edited by cruisenfever

NOw if they would just end this stupid BOGOHO sale so I could use my points for a free cruise.

Am hoping to talk hubby into something this fall.

Good luck:D It's only going to be 1 1/2 months short of it's first BIRTHDAY or ANNIVERSARY after this sale "ends" :)

Edited by molly361